Author Topic: 1/32 BE2c  (Read 30359 times)

Offline lone modeller

Re: 1/32 BE2c
« Reply #360 on: August 27, 2023, 07:03:23 PM »
Good progress Richie: the camera certainly looks good enough to be mounted on the model - and who is going to use a magnifying glass to look at it? (Apart from you that is?)

Really looking forward to seeing this when it is finished - a real winner in the making.

Stephen.

Offline RichieW

« Reply #361 on: August 28, 2023, 11:32:38 PM »
Camera looks good to me! And I'm with you on the 3D printer, my son has one but it doesn't have the capability to do the kind of fiddly bits that you'd need for projects like this. But they're not all that dear these days, as PJ noted recently on his Wight build log the one his brother is using is really no more expensive than some of the WnW kits on EvilBay these days. The problem for me is the learning curve for the software...

Dutch

Thanks Dutch, I agree with your point about the software learning curve. I think I would hate every frustrating minute of trying to master it so perhaps it's not for me. I can't help but admire what people are achieving with with 3d printers though!
I seem to have missed a few updates Richie. Your work on the Struts and Camera is exceptional.  Every step gets you and us closer to seeing this beauty completed.  8)
RAGIII

Thanks Rick, I'm inching my way towards the finish line but it does feel like some mischievous gremlin keeps moving it further away!

Brilliant work on the camera.  Looks very nice!

Thanks Tim, much appreciated.

I was a bit behind too, so this was a great bunch of updates to find. Top work Richie!

Cheers Zac, nothing happens very fast on my bench so waiting for a bunch of updates is the way to go! :)

I'm lagging behind, but superwork on the struts and the camera Richie!

As Dave said, a 3d printer would be a welcome addition to my toolbox too, but like him, I dread the software learning curve...

Cheers,
Willem

Thanks Willem, I'm lagging behind too. I hoped this would be finished by now!

Good progress Richie: the camera certainly looks good enough to be mounted on the model - and who is going to use a magnifying glass to look at it? (Apart from you that is?)

Really looking forward to seeing this when it is finished - a real winner in the making.

Stephen.

Many thanks Stephen, yes I must stop looking too closely at macro photos or I will be permanently miserable and you will never see a finished model!  ::)

Just a tiny update, it's been an awkward few weeks here but I remain a smoke free zone.

I spent many frustrating hours trying to create the LIFT HERE decals but in the end I just raided my shelved Sopwith Camel decal set. They needed to be cut up because the words need to sit either side of the arrows. I didn't manage total accuracy but I won't lose any sleep over it.

Lift here decals added. by Richard Williams, on Flickr

I mounted the camera on styrene strip rails, it looks a bit undersized to me now but it's there now. Surprisingly I have never seen a BE2c model fitted with a camera so I will be leaving this on mine.

Recon camera mounted. by Richard Williams, on Flickr

Like Willem, I had my first go at soldering to make the gun mount. It's what we will politely call rustic but I need to finish the model and little blemishes on minor parts will need to be ignored for now. If it annoys me in 6 months time I can always remake it but I suspect I will have completely forgotten the lumpiness.

Here it is with the Lewis gun I made last year.

Scratched Lewis gun and mount. by Richard Williams, on Flickr

I didn't want to dry fit it to the model last night so I test fitted it on a match box instead.

Scratched Lewis gun and mount by Richard Williams, on Flickr

Not much of an update but the "to do" list is shrinking, I may yet finish this for the club show next month.

Richie

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #362 on: August 29, 2023, 06:20:07 AM »
Everything looks first class from normal viewing distance Richie, including the camera and lift here markings. No blobiness that I can see - just a superb model.

Stephen.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #363 on: August 29, 2023, 09:16:20 AM »
Every update is Impressive to Me Richie! Your camera and decal work look terrific in place. Looking forward to the next update as always!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Davos522

« Reply #364 on: August 29, 2023, 10:46:11 AM »
Brilliant, Richie. Camera looks great, ditto the Lewis. Can't wait to see it done!

Dutch

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #365 on: August 29, 2023, 01:56:04 PM »
More great progress Richie, thanks a lot for sharing.

Surprisingly I have never seen a BE2c model fitted with a camera so I will be leaving this on mine.
I fitted it to my Airfix 1/72 one! Mind you it's not rigged and on the wrong island for me to take photos...
Zac in NZ

Offline Tim Mixon

• Main focus is 1/72 WWI
« Reply #366 on: August 30, 2023, 12:48:11 AM »
Excellent work Richie. All these little details are really going to enhance the overall build.

Offline DaveB

« Reply #367 on: August 30, 2023, 04:27:50 AM »
Richie -

That's brilliant progress and work so far - love your home made Lewis gun - really looks the part, mate.

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point!