Author Topic: Roden 1/72 Nieuport 27  (Read 3956 times)

Offline WD

Re: Roden 1/72 Nieuport 27
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2021, 09:43:22 AM »
Well done so far sir!  I don't think anyone will notice the wonky seat.

WD

Online Rip Van Winkle

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2021, 01:26:52 AM »
I enjoy following these build threads as they have so much useful information.  Great job so far.  I hope to attempt this model some day.

Offline Early Bird Fan

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2021, 12:16:36 AM »
I enjoy following these build threads as they have so much useful information.  Great job so far.  I hope to attempt this model some day.
thanks forthe comment, you really should build one, so far it's been one of the better 1/72 roden kits i've built

the 27 is finally in paint after 3 attempts, i'd decided to go with the aluminium version so used tamiya acrylic which went on really nice but for some reason the paint just wouldn't dry, it felt dry to the touch but if i held the model i was leaving finger prints in the paint. I removed this paint and tried revells enamel which i had trouble getting on the model with a smooth finish so i've ended up spraying it with halfords aluminium. Finish is smooth and dry so i'll get a coat of gloss on it for decals and hopefully this project can move forward again. I also lost the step in the paint process somewhere so i'll have to make one from stretched sprue.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2021, 12:18:54 AM »
Looking terrific! I am glad you found a paint that worked for you!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2021, 01:09:05 AM »
I remember building this kit , and it is one of Rodens better 72 scale . I like the finish , nicely done and should looks excellent with the markings .

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline macsporran

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2021, 02:00:16 AM »
Great stuff EBF, let's build more and more Nieuports!
Sandy

Offline Early Bird Fan

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2021, 01:58:10 AM »
Looking terrific! I am glad you found a paint that worked for you!
RAGIII
thanks, lessons learned on this one for sure.

I remember building this kit , and it is one of Rodens better 72 scale . I like the finish , nicely done and should looks excellent with the markings .
thanks it certainly is one of rodens better kits and i've got a feeling i'll be building another one

Great stuff EBF, let's build more and more Nieuports!
Sandy
i can definately see more Nieuports on my horizon  ;D

underside decals are now done, for roden decals they behaved themselves quite well but i did have the water quite cold as i'd read that this can help the roden decals stay together. The film around the decals was quite big and thick, they were also quite shiny so i applied 2 coats of future then gave them a good buff with a fine finishing pad. I could probably go a bit further but i think they are looking decent now so best stop before going too far.

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2021, 04:53:28 AM »
Coming along very nicely indeed. The markings look very good so far so don't tempt fate any more with the finishing pad - disaster awaits if you do!

Stephen.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2021, 09:04:14 PM »
I have said this before but once the markings go on the whole perspective of the Model starts to change. Looks awesome! I too have found Cold water and Roden decals work well together!
RAGIII

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2021, 10:31:39 PM »
I have never tried using cold water with Roden decals , will have to try this in the future .

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Early Bird Fan

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2021, 03:17:05 PM »
I have never tried using cold water with Roden decals , will have to try this in the future .
Alexis
it definately worked on these ones but i can't gaurantee it'll work on all roden decals

just a quick update, the 'port now has it's upper wing firmly attached and i've made a start on the rigging. I just need to do the final trimming on the tails then move on to the rearward rigging.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2021, 10:44:27 PM »
Honestly , I have only used Roden decals two times . After that it was either form the spare box or aftermarket . With a few kits left in the stash this just may work .

Nice work on the rigging so far , this is going quick !

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline RichieW

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2021, 08:01:37 AM »
I haven't checked in for a while and suddenly a beautiful little biplane has appeared. The painting of the lower surfaces is wonderfully artistic, what a great job!

Richie

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2021, 10:59:23 PM »
Nicely done rigging. You are getting close to the finish line!
RAGIII

Offline Early Bird Fan

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2021, 12:35:17 AM »
thanks for the comments, the finish line is definately in sight now for this build. The main rigging is now complete other than trimming the tails, next job is the rest of the decals which will hopefully go on ok