Author Topic: It's BBQ season !  (Read 1450 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
It's BBQ season !
« on: June 05, 2021, 08:16:13 AM »
With it being that time of year once more where we head out doors and fire up that steel grate to lay slabs on juicily tender meat !

Don't know about you guys but for me a pork steak or even thick cut chops are my favorite done on the grill ....but what about a sauce to dip those tender junks of flesh .

One of my favorite sauces for pork is applesauce , it just works so well together . This sauce is home made and nothing comes in a jar .

You will need a large pot , second is a sh*t load of apples . You will need to remove the core and skin . Cut the apple into chunks and place in the pot .

You will brown sugar , about 1/4 cup

Half of a fresh lemon

One cup of REAL maple syrup ( Not the flavored corn syrup )

Hand full of sliced almonds

Place all the ingredients in pot . Squeeze the juice out of the lemon and a pinch of salt .

Turn the heat on high just until you start to here a sizzle and turn the heat down low . Slowly slimmer this down mixing it often until the apples break down and most of the liquid is gone . remove form heat and let cool before Transferierung this into something else . This is also really good on top of oatmeal in the morning and for dipping toast into ... ;)

Alexis 

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline DeLano80

Re: It's BBQ season !
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2021, 12:51:59 PM »
Love a good chop!
Lately, I have trying to perfect chicken. It is difficult. I find if I cook it in the oven to about 100 degrees, it BBQ's nicely. Otherwise, the drippings just make it burn like nothing else.

Also, every season is BBQ and beer season for me ;)

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2021, 09:48:45 PM »
Just grilled some brats this past weekend!

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 03:53:38 AM »
You ladies and gentlemen are making me hungry!  ;D ;D ;D
Giuseppe

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2021, 07:14:13 AM »
That's the idea ...... ;)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Rob Hart

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2021, 12:45:17 PM »
Yum!

Offline WD

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2021, 02:01:50 AM »
Ahhhhhh, BBQ . . . . being an Alabamian, the term BBQ means something much different to me than to most of you that reside north of the Ohio River, etc. With that in mind, I'll leave y'all with this humorous bit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ubTQfr_tyY

FWIW, I was introduced to yellow/mustard-based BBQ sauce about twenty years ago and I love it!  I also love vinegar-based sauces. However, I'll say when it comes to pork BBQ, if it's good, it needs no sauce whatsoever.

WD

Offline James

It's BBQ season !
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2021, 02:22:24 AM »
Being a Texan, barbecue, especially beef, is king here and also beef is the main thing we BBQ here, especially brisket, fajitas, steaks and chicken to. BBQ season is year round here.
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline WD

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2021, 01:14:32 AM »
Being a Texan, barbecue, especially beef, is king here and also beef is the main thing we BBQ here, especially brisket, fajitas, steaks and chicken to. BBQ season is year round here.

James,
          My mother could cook a really mean brisket. (We raised black angus.) I do love a good BBQ brisket as well.

WD

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2021, 01:55:09 AM »
Do you guys cook on a propane grill ?

I use my fire pit , it has a depth of 2 feet ans is 3 feet across . When I want to have grilled BBQ I get a fire going for about two hours , I only burn hard words . Birch is my favorite , puts off a lot of heat for a very long time ! Once there is a nice bed of goals . My grates or place on top and the grilling begins !

Must admit , I'm not a fan on anything with mustard and doesn't matter what kind it is . But I do have this thing for pineapple based .

Alexis 
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline James

It's BBQ season !
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2021, 06:59:12 AM »
I use charcoal or mesquite. Mesquite is big here to use for barbecueing.
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline WD

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2021, 08:56:01 PM »
Do you guys cook on a propane grill ?

I tried it once with very little success. It got way too hot all over. I guess I cook slower over a "cooler" fire. I'm no good with one of those, but I know a lot of folks are.

WD