Author Topic: Copper State Models future releases  (Read 12273 times)

Offline kkarlsen

• 'Old modeller' - Trying to catch up!
Re: Copper State Models future releases
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2021, 07:17:16 PM »
Really looking forward to the Caudron G III.

I do hope Copper State haven't forgotten the Hansa-Brandenburg D.I. completely..

Kent

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2021, 08:17:53 PM »
When those CAD's of the "star strutter" were released I thought the CSM offering looked more impressive than the WNW CAD images.  CSM has nothing to be ashamed of when being compared to WNW.
Honor Necessity

Offline Borsos

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2021, 10:48:08 PM »
Just to whet the appetite for the Copper State Caudron later this year, here's an image we found on Facebook with some useful detail for a Caudron G.III

As yet it appears Copper State have not finalised their choice of markings for this kit so they are open to forum members' suggestions.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

For me, the Caudron is the release of the year.  :) And I can’t stop dreaming if a Caudron G. IV in 1:32
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2021, 01:18:20 AM »
Really looking forward to the Caudron G III.

I do hope Copper State haven't forgotten the Hansa-Brandenburg D.I. completely..

Kent

No, Kent, they haven't!
Edgar Lepinsh of CSM writes that they „hope“ to release their HB D.I „after at least two other [of their] announced 1/32 kits“.

Offline Iancshippee

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2021, 09:35:40 AM »
I am truly thrilled about the Caudron, and sincerely hope it appears in 1:48 someday to sit on my shelf with its bigger brother. I’m also quite pleased with both of the other releases. Keep at it, Copper State!

Offline frankr

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2021, 08:36:51 PM »
Bit disappointed to be honest. I'll certainly buy one Bristol Scout and probably a Baby, but not interested in the Caudron or the ground-pounders.
Don't really understand the strategy either. The Nieuports made so much sense - I bought five - popular choice and lots of variants to release to maximise sales. But with these you really are limited for any future variants.
Have to agree with a Hanriot - would have offered many more future markings and sales opportunities.

Diversification.
Maybe they just want to appeal to a wider range of customers.  Not every WW1 modeler wants 5 variants of the Nieuport, I’d bet that most only want one or at most 2.   I know I’d rather have every plane on my shelf be as different from the next as possible.

Offline skeeterbuck

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2021, 09:06:40 PM »
It seems like Eduard is the only ones helping to keep 1/48 scale alive.

Ever since WNW started 1/32 scale kits that appears like the direction WW1 aircraft kits are going.

I'm still hoping that Eduard releases a new updated Brandenberg D-1 like they did with the Eindekker and SSW D-III kits.

Chuck

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2021, 09:19:07 PM »

Ever since WNW started 1/32 scale kits that appears like the direction WW1 aircraft kits are going.

I'm still hoping that Eduard releases a new updated Brandenberg D-1 like they did with the Eindekker and SSW D-III kits.

Chuck

Hey, Chuck, go ask Edgar Lepinsh about his attitude towards 1/48th scale WW1 airplane-kits! He is very „responsive“ and interested in customer-ideas, -hints, -tips and the like!

Offline rolanddvi

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2021, 03:48:32 AM »
I am so on board for the Bristol Scout!!!!!! Bring it on!

Mike

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2021, 03:55:46 AM »

Chuck
I think one of the things that makes 1/32 more attractive to WWI modelers is the relative difference in size between WWI and WWII aircraft.  Generally, WWI scouts were much smaller that WWII fighters.  Thus, the relative size of a WWI aircraft in 1/32 scale is very similar to 1/48 WWII aircraft.
Honor Necessity

Offline frankr

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2021, 06:15:49 AM »

Chuck
I think one of the things that makes 1/32 more attractive to WWI modelers is the relative difference in size between WWI and WWII aircraft.  Generally, WWI scouts were much smaller that WWII fighters.  Thus, the relative size of a WWI aircraft in 1/32 scale is very similar to 1/48 WWII aircraft.

That's a good point.  I just did a quick google search on the wingspan of a 1:48 Spitfire (235mm), and it's only about 1 inch (25mm to be exact) narrower than my 1/32 Sopwith Camel (260mm).

Offline RichieW

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2021, 07:13:59 AM »
This is big news, a Bristol Scout is top of my wish list.  :)

Offline Cazadoor

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2021, 05:10:45 AM »
As for Caudron G-III, I would like to be in Polish colors.

Bristol Scout will be on my shopping list ;D
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 05:15:23 AM by Cazadoor »

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2021, 11:09:18 AM »
Hi all, Got my hands full at the moment with other things but look forward to these and other CSM future releases :D
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2021, 03:22:14 PM »
Me want this one in star spangled livery! (Hope the pic is not to big!)