Author Topic: Eduards Pfalz D.III  (Read 12628 times)

Offline lone modeller

Re: Eduards Pfalz D.III
« Reply #120 on: May 10, 2021, 03:53:50 AM »
The finish and markings on this one are excellent Alexis. It looks as though you will soon be adding another winner to your collection.

Stephen.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 04:52:33 AM by lone modeller »

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #121 on: May 10, 2021, 07:42:16 PM »
Thanks Matti and Stephen  :)

I finished off the weathering and got my wire hoops made ...so now I can start with assembly . Pic's coming to a modelling site near you !

Stephen , who is this Terry ? ....Oh yeah ...my evil modelling twin ! ;)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #122 on: May 11, 2021, 10:48:30 AM »
Alexis - your model is looking great. Ever since I watched the Blue Max as a young lad I've always admired the lines of a Pfalz D.III. Looking forward to your progress on this one.
Cheers,
Gary

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #123 on: May 11, 2021, 10:32:03 PM »
Excellent progress

Steve

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #124 on: May 11, 2021, 10:45:20 PM »
Thanks Gary and Steve  :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Bughunter

« Reply #125 on: May 12, 2021, 02:17:50 AM »
It looks already very elegant as single wing - you don't need to mount the upper wing ;) 8)

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #126 on: May 12, 2021, 10:28:44 PM »
Thanks Frank ,

So you are telling me that all I need to do is glue the wheels in place fix the prop on the front and can call this one done !!! Then what do I do with the struts and upper wing ??? ;) ;) ;) :o

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Bughunter

« Reply #127 on: May 12, 2021, 10:35:05 PM »
Yeah, it is called 109 in beautiful

If you already painted the upper wing you can mount it. We are tired of all the modeled 109.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Borsos

« Reply #128 on: May 13, 2021, 04:40:05 AM »

If you already painted the upper wing you can mount it. We are tired of all the modeled 109.

Cheers,
Frank

No, we aren’t  >:(   :). But a Pfalz looks better anyway (we‘re tired of all those Tiger tank models, that’s something I hope we all could agree…)
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline RichieW

« Reply #129 on: May 13, 2021, 05:08:12 AM »

Cheers,
Frank

No, we aren’t  >:(   :). But a Pfalz looks better anyway (we‘re tired of all those Tiger tank models, that’s something I hope we all could agree…)

I'm still fond of a 109, especially from Summer 1940. I still want to see the top wing on this Pfalz though. :)

Never want to see another Tiger tank though!

Richie

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #130 on: May 13, 2021, 12:28:28 PM »
Thanks guys the top wing will get mounted in place . I start with getting the eyelets glued in place and prep two rigging lines for the wing root area . This is a tight place and is easier to do this now . I still have the eyelets to fix in place on the top wing so maybe tomorrow .....weather is nice so it might be a day for a ride instead .

I still have a few 109's in the stash . 2 in 32 scale . 4 in 48 scale , but it still ain't no FW 190 ! I have only built one Tiger Tank and that was about 40 years ago .

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #131 on: May 16, 2021, 06:46:05 AM »
Okay , past few days I have been extremely lazy .....you know feet up on the coffee table ..remote in hand ..Sieben curled up beside purring happy away . Just sheer bliss !

Rest of the eyelets are mounted and the wing ! Frank made a good point since it was already painted and all Fuel lines for the gravity fuel tank are also in place . Was so excited that I remembered to actually do this ...I missed out on drilling the hole of the rear rad pipe in the fuselage . :-[ Not the first time I have done such things and I do guarantee this will reoccur in the future . There is no way anyone can predict brain farts , still better then wet ones  ;)

Top wing was easy mount and to my surprise it remains true ! For the cab struts I used Testors Model Master glue ( needle bottle ) for the join on the fuselage and let that tack up for a few minutes . This will leave a flexible join for the next phaze .
The inter struts I mounted to the lower first using a med set super glue , flip this over lining it the holes to line everything up . Once the glue for the inter struts was set I removed the winge/fuselag and filled those holes with super glue and placing this in the holes of the top wing . Then the cab struts I slide in place . She is now drying for a bit before I start the rest of the rigging .

Alexis

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #132 on: May 16, 2021, 06:46:33 AM »
 :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #133 on: May 16, 2021, 11:11:54 AM »
A Bi Plane at last...and a great looking one at that! Nice progress Alexis!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Matti

« Reply #134 on: May 16, 2021, 04:24:50 PM »
Looking good again Alexis 8)