Author Topic: Meng is releasing a 1/24 scale Fokker Dr.1  (Read 4786 times)

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Meng is releasing a 1/24 scale Fokker Dr.1
« on: February 05, 2021, 09:15:31 PM »
Fokker Dr.1 mania is expected to surge again with news that Meng is releasing a 1/24 scale Dr.1 soon.

CAD images and some details are featured on their Facebook page.

I understand the 1/24 Dr.1 was being tooled by Meng for Wingnut Wings as part of a never-released new series of 1/24 WW1 kits.

More details including a release date are due soon.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline macsporran

Re: Meng is releasing a 1/24 scale Fokker Dr.1
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 11:05:20 PM »
Yet again Meng are going to release a very profitable plastic kit sitting atop a lot of free investment courtesy of the defunct Wingnuts team.

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2021, 11:22:51 PM »
Yet again Meng are going to release a very profitable plastic kit sitting atop a lot of free investment courtesy of the defunct Wingnuts team.

I know well that rants don't help anybody, so, Dave, please delete this post if you like...
Again and again I am getting angry when I think of WnW's „sudden death“ (demise that is, sorry..) and the economic advantage Meng has instead of WnW that had needed it badly. 😡 (= Richard😄)

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2021, 12:51:51 AM »
Guys, I'll leave this posted for now but let's not go any further down the "finger pointing at a supplier road" please. We all felt varying degrees of sorrow and disappointment at Wingnut Wing's cessation of operations but the effects that have resulted elsewhere in our circle are well beyond our purview.
   Let's all focus on the positive developments, we have a indication of some of the products surviving in some form here, and that's better then none!
Lance

Online RAGIII

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2021, 01:17:26 AM »
Guys, I'll leave this posted for now but let's not go any further down the "finger pointing at a supplier road" please. We all felt varying degrees of sorrow and disappointment at Wingnut Wing's cessation of operations but the effects that have resulted elsewhere in our circle are well beyond our purview.
   Let's all focus on the positive developments, we have a indication of some of the products surviving in some form here, and that's better then none!
Lance

I am looking at the bright side on this one. It opens the door for a lot of New products like Model Cellar for figures for instance. Decals, PE etc. will also be needed  ::) We all benefit by releases in any scale. JMHO,
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Bughunter

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2021, 01:43:17 AM »
for Wingnut Wings as part of a never-released new series of 1/24 WW1 kits.
Beside this kit this a bit special. I know that scale from cars, but not from aircraft. There is more this 1/28 usual, as Radarman recently build Fokker. But may be 1/28 was not far enough from their 1/32 kits, so they planned a 1/24 series.
Here we are at double size of 1/48. I was more hoping for WNW 1/48 series.

1/32 is already too big for me, so this 1/24 by far! Ok, the Dr.I is a little bird, but I prefer all models in the same scale.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2021, 02:02:21 AM »
Lance

I am looking at the bright side on this one. It opens the door for a lot of New products like Model Cellar for figures for instance. Decals, PE etc. will also be needed  ::) We all benefit by releases in any scale. JMHO,
RAGIII

I agree with you: Being happy with what IS instead of moaning about what is NOT keeps us alive. But that's simply not me.
Happy modeling to you!
Richard
(always idealist, never realist)

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2021, 02:18:59 AM »

I was more hoping for WNW 1/48 series.

1/32 is already too big for me, so this 1/24 by far! Ok, the Dr.I is a little bird, but I prefer all models in the same scale.

Cheers,
Frank

Me too Frank! I would have been very excited by this, but not my scale anymore. Although good for modelling generally.

However, it’s rather galling to know what wonderful things we would have got... a 1/24th Camel would have been pretty amazing!

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2021, 03:02:52 AM »
I remember this being mentioned last year sometime , good for those who have a love affair with this type ..just like me with the Pfalz D.III/a , now 24 scale would be my turn on point for this aircraft type . It is just so sexy ! like me ! ;)

Looking forward on seeing the guys doing a build thread on this kit , just image some of the extra detail which can be added to a large scale  ;)

Alexis

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2021, 08:53:44 AM »
Folks, in support of Lance's comments, let's focus on the arrival of another new WW1 kit and not obsess over the demise of Wingnuts.

For the record there is no suggestion whatsoever that Meng has done anything wrong by issuing the Dr.1 kits it was tooling for Wingnuts. Wingnuts officially abandoned the project ( both the 1/32 and 1/24 scale kits) when the business was shut down and Meng proceeded to complete the tooling and release the kits under their brand. All quite legal.

What's most important now for us to focus on is the arrival of another new tool WW1 aircraft kit in a super scale. Incidentally the Meng Dr.1 is not a re-pop of the Merit kit. I'm told it's a whole new tooling designed by the Wingnuts team for a proposed new series of 1/24 super kits that was also to include the Albatros D.V.

And just to add to the excitement, our good friends at Roden have advised me that the first of their new 1/32 scale WW1 aircraft kits will be the Spad XIII, which was the top voted subject in our Forum wants poll.

The Roden Spad is due for release very soon and will be featuring in Roden advertising any day now.

So let's focus on exciting new kits from companies that are supporting our very niche corner of the hobby.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Online RAGIII

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2021, 01:03:01 PM »
Folks, in support of Lance's comments, let's focus on the arrival of another new WW1 kit and not obsess over the demise of Wingnuts.

For the record there is no suggestion whatsoever that Meng has done anything wrong by issuing the Dr.1 kits it was tooling for Wingnuts. Wingnuts officially abandoned the project ( both the 1/32 and 1/24 scale kits) when the business was shut down and Meng proceeded to complete the tooling and release the kits under their brand. All quite legal.

What's most important now for us to focus on is the arrival of another new tool WW1 aircraft kit in a super scale. Incidentally the Meng Dr.1 is not a re-pop of the Merit kit. I'm told it's a whole new tooling designed by the Wingnuts team for a proposed new series of 1/24 super kits that was also to include the Albatros D.V.

And just to add to the excitement, our good friends at Roden have advised me that the first of their new 1/32 scale WW1 aircraft kits will be the Spad XIII, which was the top voted subject in our Forum wants poll.

The Roden Spad is due for release very soon and will be featuring in Roden advertising any day now.

So let's focus on exciting new kits from companies that are supporting our very niche corner of the hobby.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Agreed and AWESOME News about the SPAD! My birthday is this Month and it will be My self purchased present  ;D
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Borsos

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2021, 08:05:30 PM »
I will never get into 1:24 scale modelling, that’s much too large for my taste!  1:32 is just perfect for me.

(me, some 5 years ago: „I will never get into 1:32 scale. That’s too huge. 1:48 is just perfect for me...)

(Me, some 20 years ago: „I will never get into 1:48 scale. That’s too big. 1:72 is and remains my scale...)

Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline loopyloop

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2021, 08:17:37 PM »
I will never get into 1:24 scale modelling, that’s much too large for my taste!  1:32 is just perfect for me.

(me, some 5 years ago: „I will never get into 1:32 scale. That’s too huge. 1:48 is just perfect for me...)

(Me, some 20 years ago: „I will never get into 1:48 scale. That’s too big. 1:72 is and remains my scale...)

Andreas
  So true but the Abatros always tempts me.

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2021, 09:14:19 PM »

Andreas

;D ;D ;D ;D  Very true