Author Topic: Meng is releasing a 1/24 scale Fokker Dr.1  (Read 4792 times)

Offline macsporran

Re: Meng is releasing a 1/24 scale Fokker Dr.1
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2021, 09:17:55 PM »
So true but the Abatros always tempts me.

Aye, they have a habit of hanging round your neck, don't they?
S

Offline Ringleheim

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2021, 02:47:54 AM »
I will never get into 1:24 scale modelling, that’s much too large for my taste!  1:32 is just perfect for me.

(me, some 5 years ago: „I will never get into 1:32 scale. That’s too huge. 1:48 is just perfect for me...)

(Me, some 20 years ago: „I will never get into 1:48 scale. That’s too big. 1:72 is and remains my scale...)

Andreas

It's funny you write this, b/c WWI aircraft kits are really not very big in 1/32 scale, especially a DR.I.  I have always thought they could stand to be bigger.

My only wish is that this new Meng 1/24 DRI was a "skeleton" model so you can see all the internal construction.  I think that would look great.

There is nothing more boring in the world than watching a great WNW build come together with all the internal rigging, natural wood grain work on cockpit, and so on, and then it all gets buttoned up and rendered invisible forever!

WWI aircraft kits perfectly lend themselves to the "Skeleton" type of concept IMO.  The interiors are more interesting than the exteriors.

Offline Monty

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2021, 05:16:32 AM »
Ooh! Fantastic news! And something that will get it's way into my stash for sure! Thank You for your wise words, Dave W, and I enjoy this site so much... just because we can celebrate these amazing releases!!! ATB, Marc

Offline ModelCellar

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2021, 11:45:27 AM »
RE:>>   I am looking at the bright side on this one. It opens the door for a lot of New products like Model Cellar for figures for instance.  >>

Thanks for the mention...  But ya know, we already have a 1/24 Richthofen figure.  It was done a few years back to go with the Merit kit. 

It was sculpted by Mike Good.  See it here

https://modelcellar.com/product-category/124-scale-75mm/

...who is to say there won't be more =)).

regards,
Paul

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2021, 09:50:26 PM »
RE:>>   I am looking at the bright side on this one. It opens the door for a lot of New products like Model Cellar for figures for instance.  >>

Thanks for the mention...  But ya know, we already have a 1/24 Richthofen figure.  It was done a few years back to go with the Merit kit. 

It was sculpted by Mike Good.  See it here

https://modelcellar.com/product-category/124-scale-75mm/

...who is to say there won't be more =)).

regards,
Paul

OOps  ;D

Excellent Figure. Still room for lots more Pilots that flew the DR1. Then there are seated pilots to consider  ::)
RAG!!!
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline ThePenguin

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2021, 11:31:07 AM »
I will never get into 1:24 scale modelling, that’s much too large for my taste!  1:32 is just perfect for me.

(me, some 5 years ago: „I will never get into 1:32 scale. That’s too huge. 1:48 is just perfect for me...)

(Me, some 20 years ago: „I will never get into 1:48 scale. That’s too big. 1:72 is and remains my scale...)

Andreas

HAHAHA....Airfix have a range of 1/24 aircraft, mainly, if not all WW2 though. Not built either of the two Mossies I have yet, but 1/24 scale Dr.1 would scale nicely next to them.