Author Topic: I'm OK...  (Read 2019 times)

Offline hrcoleman66

I'm OK...
« on: January 23, 2021, 05:03:52 PM »
2020 was a stressful year for everyone.
For me, it was 2 weeks in Shanghai in Jan for work, then the next ten months working remotely from my wifes spare room, I didn't actually live with her yet...
Then moving house in July August to move in with the woman I had married 12 months before.
Then the cancellation of our Honey moon, which was going to be a four week trip in Alaska.
But mostly working out the spare room...  You can't leave work.  You don't have the daily commute to destress..

But over all, I'm OK.

Cheers,

Hugh

Offline ermeio

Re: I'm OK...
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 05:29:01 PM »
It is the same here:
In march, someone told me "now that you don't have three hours of commuting per day you will make models"
Now that I don't have three hours of commuting I work all of the day ... from the spare room :D
Anyway, we are lucky since we can continue to work... I see others loosing jobs and that is sad.
over all we are ok
so head up :)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2021, 12:10:10 AM »
I'm glad to hear that you are doing well Hugh and still hanging in there . Also wish that in the future your wife and you are able to go for the Honeymoon . Alaska is a beautiful State in the summer time  . When I live in the Yukon , we did a lot parting in the States in my mid 20's .

2020 Started off good by the end of Oct I was laid off do to Co-vid , mid Dec had major break down from past events , but I feel Perfect now and what a great feeling to have starting off the new year !

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline hrcoleman66

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2021, 01:36:14 PM »
It is the same here:
In march, someone told me "now that you don't have three hours of commuting per day you will make models"
Now that I don't have three hours of commuting I work all of the day ... from the spare room :D
Anyway, we are lucky since we can continue to work... I see others loosing jobs and that is sad.
over all we are ok
so head up :)

Yes, we still have jobs.  And to be honest, we are working as effectively from home as from the office.

Here in Australia, we have been very lucky as regards Covid-19.  We have had less than 1000 fatalities across the whole of the country but our economy has suffered as a result of lock downs.  In Victoria, we have had no community transmitted cases for more than two months, so we seem to be doing something right.

It's nice to be able to go off to the shed during my lunch break and potter, whether it be Aircraft modelling or model engineering.  It's down time and helps get through the day.

I'm glad to hear that you are doing well Hugh and still hanging in there . Also wish that in the future your wife and you are able to go for the Honeymoon . Alaska is a beautiful State in the summer time  . When I live in the Yukon , we did a lot parting in the States in my mid 20's .

2020 Started off good by the end of Oct I was laid off do to Co-vid , mid Dec had major break down from past events , but I feel Perfect now and what a great feeling to have starting off the new year !

Alexis

I'm so sorry to hear that you were laid off Terri.  And hope you are recovering now from the "Breakdown".  I've been there.  I sympathize.

Regards,

Hugh