Author Topic: Pippart's Fokker Dr.1  (Read 4735 times)

Offline Brad Cancian

• Administrator
  • "This time I've got you, Red Baron!"
    • Brad's Models
Re: Pippart's Fokker Dr.1
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2022, 07:07:18 AM »
What ever happened to the website www.fokkerdr1.com ?

Great question - it was up and running just fine earlier this year as I was using it for reference material for my 1/48 Dr1 build, then it just disappeared. Does anyone know who runs it?

Cheers,

BC

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2022, 07:56:03 AM »
What ever happened to the website www.fokkerdr1.com ?

Great question - it was up and running just fine earlier this year as I was using it for reference material for my 1/48 Dr1 build, then it just disappeared. Does anyone know who runs it?

Cheers,

BC

The Owner Lloyd Lachernacht ( I am sure I screwed the last name) Closed it down himself. I don't remember if it was health, or personal reasons.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline WD

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2023, 08:48:27 AM »
All,
    Lloyd has been battling cancer for the last two years, and he's got some other serious health issue now. He and his family are really scrabbling, and I contributed to a GoFundMe campaign to get them a place to live. Lloyd has never quit work during all of this. He is truly a fount of knowledge when it comes to Dr.I's and had brought a lot of joy and education to all of us in the past few years as a result.

If you are of a mind, here's the link for his GoFundMe: https://www.gofundme.com/f/Fight-This-Battle-With-Lloyd  (Admins, if this is out of line, please remove, and my apologies.)

Warren

Offline WD

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2023, 01:02:55 AM »
Forumites,
                 Here is a thread Lloyd made on The Aerodrome some time back on MvR's all red Tripe:

http://www.theaerodrome.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71271&highlight=425%2F17+markings

As I find more, I'll post them if you want.

Warren

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2023, 02:15:02 AM »
Thanks Warren!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline WD

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2023, 02:38:46 AM »
Thanks Warren!
RAGIII

Y'all are most welcome. I miss Lloyd's website too, and I hope and pray for his full recovery so he can bless us with that info again.

Warren