Author Topic: 1/24 Heller Renault taxi  (Read 3133 times)

Offline Tony Haycock

1/24 Heller Renault taxi
« on: January 06, 2021, 06:26:01 AM »
My partner bought this for me for Christmas and somehow it found it's way straight to the bench...

I am assuming this model is an enlarged version of the ICM 1/35 kit which I have in my stash. and the larger scale appeals to me.

it will be built straight OOB as I have more enthusiasm than modelling skill. The only advantage I do have is a knowledge of vehicles of this era so I can see where the call-out for colours is wrong  eg black tyres and radiator hoses didn't exist then, and the crankcase should be all aluminium.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: 1/24 Heller Renault taxi
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 10:22:50 AM »
Well I know nothing about subject but it is neat looking and will follow a long , is that a Porsche on the right ?

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Tony Haycock

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 12:18:38 PM »
Well I know nothing about subject but it is neat looking and will follow a long , is that a Porsche on the right ?

Alexis

Yes, 1/24 Tamiya 962. Just finished  5 956s and two 962s...

Offline Tony Haycock

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 08:04:04 PM »
Got some colour added to the chassis. Interesting (to me, at least) is that the instructions and paint call-outs for the 1/35 ICM kit are fare more detailed and accurate than the 1/24 Heller.
The black tyres are annoying me though. I have a plan for them.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 08:09:27 PM by Tony Haycock »

Bughunter

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2021, 10:55:33 PM »
Nice work!
I really like the ICM 1/24 car series. Build already 3 of the Ford-Ts and the Benz Motorwagen.
Also this 1/24 kit is from ICM. Here you can find the ICM instruction of your kit:
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/icm-24030-type-ag-1910-paris-taxi--1191554

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Tony Haycock

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2021, 07:10:50 PM »
Nice work!
I really like the ICM 1/24 car series. Build already 3 of the Ford-Ts and the Benz Motorwagen.
Also this 1/24 kit is from ICM. Here you can find the ICM instruction of your kit:
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/icm-24030-type-ag-1910-paris-taxi--1191554

Cheers,
Frank

Thanks for the link. I am enjoying the Renault, I might see if I can get one of the model Ts, although as a vehicle, they don't really do much for me... The Benz looks like fun

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2021, 11:21:08 PM »
Nice work on the frame Tony .

The engine looks like a tiny Singer sewing machine , what's the bobbin size ?  :o :-X ::) ;)

I have one Porsche in the stash ...917 , not even sure why I have it , but I should try and build it .

looking forward on the next up-date Tony  :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Bughunter

Offline Tony Haycock

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2021, 06:23:28 PM »
Nice work on the frame Tony .

The engine looks like a tiny Singer sewing machine , what's the bobbin size ?  :o :-X ::) ;)

I have one Porsche in the stash ...917 , not even sure why I have it , but I should try and build it .

looking forward on the next up-date Tony  :)

Alexis

a huge 1205cc twin cylinder...

Offline Tony Haycock

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2021, 07:15:36 PM »
The mudguards are now on and the body is taking shape.

I am very impressed with how easy this is coming together. Fit is perfect so far, even for an amateur like me. I have stared doing the ICM 1/35 version alongside and it is an equally impressive model.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPc-wDDuPBa_Fe8PGHn1zv9dgO3pmEY0XnZBM_u

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNdRkIo2OIlYeZj8_jY_jjl9eLnH2bvlzHUnxV9

Bughunter

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2021, 12:46:29 AM »
I can't see your pictures.

I know from own experience, that it is _not_ possible to share pictures from Google Photos to embed them here in your postings, as done by other users. This feature was explicitly dropped with the change from Picasa to Photos (Picasa still shares the pictures, but it is no more possible to add new ones), see Photo help page.
You can only share an album in Google Photos and post a link here, but the users have to follow the link to view the pic on a Google page. Embedding allows a much better experience but you need another storage place for that.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2021, 06:32:05 AM »
Nice subject and start of your build. Looking forward for next updates.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2021, 09:45:46 AM »
Same here Tony , just first of pic's I can see , but your lastest up-date ....nothing  :'(

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Tony Haycock

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2021, 03:13:56 PM »
I can't see your pictures.

I know from own experience, that it is _not_ possible to share pictures from Google Photos to embed them here in your postings, as done by other users. This feature was explicitly dropped with the change from Picasa to Photos (Picasa still shares the pictures, but it is no more possible to add new ones), see Photo help page.
You can only share an album in Google Photos and post a link here, but the users have to follow the link to view the pic on a Google page. Embedding allows a much better experience but you need another storage place for that.

Cheers,
Frank

Cheers for that, I'll try again. Re-sizing the originals wasn't working for me