Author Topic: My Absence  (Read 2485 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
My Absence
« on: December 21, 2020, 11:37:42 AM »
Hello guys ,

For what I'm about to say it is very difficult for me so please bear with me . First off I want you guy's to know that in no way are any of you guys the cause for this . All of you guy's have been very supportive towards me on the site making it a safe environment for me to be .

Over the past few weeks I have been in councelling for a very traumic event which took place 13 years ago . I was rape by someone who I thought was a friend . The shame and disgrace I felt with in was life altering . I didn't tell anyone , not even my parents for the fear of being shamed even more . I shut my self off from the world dropping all friends . I lost my identity but most important I lost my femininity . I have flashbacks of the night and recall every detail and would keep repressing because I still didn't want any one to know and cast judgement over me .  Well I had a massive break down when an un expecting trigger pop up while sitting at the bench .

The out come off all this is I have deep trust issues with males and with this being a male dominate hobby it re-enforces that which is not the case here . All of you have provided me with a safe environment and I know this , but still there is a trust which I myself need to work on . I'm on the road to recovery and I promise I will be back little by little just need some time to myself first .

Terri

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Radarman

Re: My Absence
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 12:20:12 PM »
Terri,
You've demonstrate your inner strength by opening up about this event. I feel I speak for many more than myself
when I say you have a "Band of Brothers" who admire your modeling skills and enjoy your support of this hobby.
We have your back and look forward to your return to the forum.

With friendship and respect,
                                                                                                                  Kevin
We are all victims of history!

Offline Dave Brewer

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2020, 02:31:46 PM »
I second Kevin's comments completely Terri, what a tough year you've been subjected to. I pray things look up very soon, and look forward to your return. By the way,I'll get the Voisin back to you the minute it arrives.
My very best regards,
Dave.

Offline Edo

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2020, 04:37:48 PM »
Terri,
we have known each other from many years now and I like to quote here what you once told me, and which had a great impact on me:
“I believe in good carma” you said....
now it is my turn to send back some of those good vibes to you that I hope will make you recover and overcome all the bad that happened back then... it is gone now and now you have to focus on what lies ahead that I wish bright for you.
all the best, my friend!
ciao
edo
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 10:31:04 PM by Edo »

Offline FokkerFodder

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2020, 05:01:06 PM »
It’s really brave of you to open up Terri and I hope that you continue your healing from this terrible event. I know everyone here greatly appreciates your enthusiasm, kindness and modelling skills and like others, my thoughts are with you and hope that next year is a better one on all fronts. All the best Terri and take care of yourself. Matt

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2020, 10:19:53 PM »
Terri has shown enormous courage in sharing her trauma with Forum members and I have assured her the members of our Forum have the highest regard and respect for her.

The Forum team- Lance, Brad and myself are united in sending our support to Terri and assuring her we have the highest respect for her and our personal assurances that we would never tolerate any disrespectful remarks to her or any other Forum member.

Terri's post illustrates my wish that we are a forum family and as such I know everyone will want to gather around and support one of our members as she embarks on her healing journey.

Terri - we are all here to support you and wish you the very best in the journey ahead.

Kindest regards

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline ermeio

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2020, 12:19:50 AM »
Thanks for sharing, Terry
all the best for your life ahead. We are here when you are ready to join, as happened until now.
er me

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2020, 12:57:31 AM »

Terri - we are all here to support you and wish you the very best in the journey ahead.

Totally agree, my best wishes.

Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2020, 01:09:19 AM »
We are indeed family here.  Blessings to you Terri, in this journey.  We will be here awaiting the return of your enjoyable posts and sharing of your bountiful modeling skills.  Godspeed to you.

Best,

Bob

Offline Borsos

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2020, 02:28:43 AM »
.... speechless.... Come back soon!
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2020, 02:52:59 AM »
Sorry to hear of your struggles Terri,

I can only echo everyone’s support and wish you all the best.

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2020, 05:09:53 AM »
I too wish to send my sincere best wishes to you Terri. You have shown enormous courage in sharing your trauma - and that deserves the utmost respect from us all. I wish to be with the others in wishing you well in your healing processes, and will be waiting patiently for your return.

Stephen.

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2020, 05:53:56 PM »
Dear Terri,
I am very sorry to hear about your horror.
I wish you all the best in the way out of it.
And please be sure, you are welcome to come back here, whenever you feel you wish it.
And if it matters, you have a special place in my prayers.
All the best
PrzemoL
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline macsporran

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2020, 06:14:57 PM »
Terri, so sorry to learn of your struggles. You know we all wish you the very best.
Sandy

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2020, 06:30:35 PM »
Dear Terry, I hope you find enough strength to cope with your terrible experience. Especially in times like these, friends are the most important thing on the road to recovery. It is good that you can talk openly about your experiences and that is a huge step towards overcoming them. You will never be able to undo the crime, but the power of the criminal will diminish and will no longer rule your life.
No matter what may come, better times will come again (believe me) .
Thank you for your kind nature and your great posts on the forum.
Yours Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau