Author Topic: Sad news from Taurus Models  (Read 1946 times)

Offline eclarson

Sad news from Taurus Models
« on: November 02, 2020, 01:28:04 AM »
For those not familiar with Taurus, it's a one-man operation producing incredible engines and detail items primarily for 1/32 kits.  Some specific to Wingnut kits.
This was posted by Lukasz, owner and the one man behind Taurus,  on the Facebook Wingnut Fans page.

"Dear Friends, Dear Modelers!
I must inform you that from today I suspend my business. The reason is a pandemic situation and situation in Poland. I’m just not able to send all your orders. Many of parcels are returned to me, even though some countries are available to our postal service. What is ridiculous, I have to pay twice in this situation: for selling and the cost of selling back to me. Moreover, Polish Postal introduced some strange procedures, and the parcels for some countries (e.g. US) are opened to evaluation. I think it is only the beginning of impediments – will be worse.
In this situation, instead of fighting with a system and losing time, I decided to focus on my work. Taurus will be back with new products (including a new type of products), new, higher, quality. I have to cut off from the WingNut Wings since this brand does not exist any more. So sad…
I’ll be still modelling and present progress in my engines to you. When I’m ready, I’ll open TaurusModels again."

Eric

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: Sad news from Taurus Models
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 01:49:30 AM »
    That is indeed sad news. Lukasz has provided wonderful service and products to us for many years. Hopefully, like many such services, he'll be able to start up again once this horrible event has run it's course and conditions return to a more favorable condition. I encourage all to find time to sent him a quick message of support and encouragement.

[email protected]

Cheers,
Lance 

Offline mgunns

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2020, 03:21:05 AM »
Sad news indeed.   He offered a unique and quality product and filled a niche not filled by any other.  Hopefully we will see a return by Lukasz.   
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Dave Brewer

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2020, 09:48:01 AM »
Very sad to hear Lukasz's business has been hit so drastically.I'm glad he is going into hiatus temporarily and intending to reopen, it would have been a great shame for such a fine innovative operation to have gone under,after so much hard work. 

Online Vickers

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2020, 07:34:10 PM »
Lukasz is such a great guy. I received a large order from him last week and he included 3 additional items bagged together free of charge with the product numbers and a smiley face drawn on it. Hopefully, this recent round of lock downs will be brief and the global postal system will get itself back in gear. Until then, I hope that he will be well and remain optimistic. It would be wonderful to see all of our manufacturers large and small comeback with vigor once this brutal year is behind us.
Bruno: "How many rules are there?"

Willi: "I don't know... none of zem have ever been written down."

Offline Europapete

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2020, 09:01:58 AM »
That's aweful, Lukasz is my go to for engines and all his other details. Hope he can come back quickly. Will send a note. Regards Pete in RI.

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2020, 10:44:07 PM »
I just heard about this the other day.  Hope he can continue the business soon.  His products are just too good to just fade away.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2020, 01:41:55 AM »
Is it possible he continues to supply Polish retailers such as Jadar? I still order from them and service is ok for now.

Steve