Author Topic: Wingnut Taube  (Read 3511 times)

Offline Kestrel19

Wingnut Taube
« on: October 01, 2020, 07:18:29 PM »
Possibly putting 2+2 together and getting 5, but there appears to be a
a rumour starting on the book of faces that the Wingnut Taube could be making a reappearance with a new manufacturer?
Does anyone know more?

I’m crossing everything - i missed this one first time round!

Offline drdave

Re: Wingnut Taube
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 07:25:26 PM »
I got friended by Mingwo, who is working on the mold in the pics.
I have no other info.

Offline frankr

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 10:52:47 PM »
Mingwo's post is a bit unclear: "Just show mold technical. We can do it." with some sprue and tool pictures.   
(however that broken English is still better than my Chinese)

So I'm wondering if this is a test for a new run or if they are the ones who did the original tooling and are just showing off their capabilities.
Sadly Richard Alexander's response doesn't help clear that question up.

Offline Ringleheim

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 02:52:46 AM »
Interesting development.  Thanks for posting.

The Stahltaube is on my short list of kits I really don't want to let get away, but they just aren't out there in large numbers and asking prices remain quite high.

I'd love for a re-pop of this kit as much as any WNW kit I can think of.

Let's hope so.

Offline the great waldo

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 05:07:13 AM »
Is there a link to Mingwo's post, I'm a bit dim I tried the search engine but couldn't find anything !!
Cheers
Andrew

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 05:13:54 AM »
I know I am in the Minority here but I really am over all of the WNW stuff. They are gone now and I really am looking forward to the New Roden and Copperstate kits. I also think if I were going to pop out a WNW Mold the Taube would probably be one of the last I would go for. The DVII, SE5a,and Albatros,make more sense to Me  ::) JMHO,
RAGIII

"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Russell

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2020, 05:34:31 AM »
Would any ‘normal’ (i.e. not WnW) maker consider the Taube likely to be popular enough to warrant a production run?

Offline mgunns

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2020, 06:07:43 AM »
I saw that as well:  Here is the link https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100055868231891  not real helpful but interesting.
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline mgunns

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2020, 06:10:52 AM »
I know I am in the Minority here but I really am over all of the WNW stuff. They are gone now and I really am looking forward to the New Roden and Copperstate kits. I also think if I were going to pop out a WNW Mold the Taube would probably be one of the last I would go for. The DVII, SE5a,and Albatros,make more sense to Me  ::) JMHO,
RAGIII

I am "Kind of" in that mode as well Rick, but; after I have dumped a lot in buying a lot of stuff I sold off in the spring.  I am chasing a PFALZ D.XII and once I acquire one of thsose, my WNW Quest will have reached it's goal.  I am also looking forward to seeing what's going to come out of the facilities of Roden, CSM, A-Model and the others.  Exciting Times' RAG-III!
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2020, 09:44:49 AM »
The Taube is/was an amazing piece of kit. I’m just not going to pay 400 bucks for it!
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline Dave J

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2020, 10:07:04 AM »
I don't believe this is a sign of the kit being reissued by someone else. I think this person is just showing off their factories tooling capabilities.
Dave Johnson
Wellington, New Zealand

Former Wingnut Wings Dungeon Master, Sales & Logistics Manager

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2020, 12:02:31 PM »
Some people are dismissive of this kit as it hasn’t got the cache of later fighters etc. But for me this is one of the most interesting and impressive models I’ve seen. Just my opinion. I’m a bit surprised at EBay prices for this and other kits that will potentially be released for sale again, however.
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2020, 02:10:49 PM »
I don't believe this is a sign of the kit being reissued by someone else. I think this person is just showing off their factories tooling capabilities.
that's literally what it says in the facebook post.

people are getting all worked up over it, but... chances of a repop don't appear any better today than a week ago.

this Mingwo appears to be a tooling company not a model manufacturer. what *i* am hoping for is that other kit manufacturers take note, and reach out and use these guys to raise their kitmaking game.

Offline drdave

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2020, 05:33:20 PM »
Interesting that Mingwo has friended a lot of Us familiar wingnutters on FB. He’s either a fan or he’s done his FB homework.
I only posted it for interest. I sold my unbuilt Taube and bought two AEGS with the profit!

What is clear, is that he holds the Taube mold. Literally.

Offline drdave

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2020, 08:15:52 PM »
“We are mold and plastic products manufacturer, our factory in Guangdong PRC and our head office in Hong Kong. Plastic watch and scale model kitset molds and production are our mainly business.

--   We built up website on 2020.

--   The high quality of WW1 (World War One) aircraft scale model kitset tooling and production for New Zealand market from 2007.

--   1:35 tank and 1:72 Star War product's model kitset molds and production for Japan market from 2002

--   We are doing plastic watch molds from 1998.”