Author Topic: Wingnut Taube  (Read 3512 times)

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Re: Wingnut Taube
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2020, 10:07:43 PM »
Folks, we have established the fact that the excitement over a possible return of a Wingnuts kit is in fact just a Facebook promotion of a tooling company's capabilities.

Frankly I think it's time to let this one go and now move on.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline mgunns

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2020, 12:26:45 AM »
Folks, we have established the fact that the excitement over a possible return of a Wingnuts kit is in fact just a Facebook promotion of a tooling company's capabilities.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Good Call Dave
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline smperry

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2020, 12:59:49 AM »
Here, here!
You da Man Dave.
Thanks so much
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline ermeio

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2020, 03:19:04 AM »
Well in the next years 100 of us can put 500 $ each to crowd fund a new WNW-like model, same quality and be read to bear high criticism since it won't be truly a WNW

Offline drdave

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2020, 09:32:31 AM »

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Eh ?
Where is that established? I don’t want or need a Taube and I’m not fussed either way, but isn’t this a ww1 modelling forum? I thought this was our bread and butter?

Offline Ringleheim

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2020, 02:04:27 AM »
Here, here!
You da Man Dave.
Thanks so much
sp

*hear, hear*

Offline Ringleheim

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2020, 02:06:27 AM »
Some people are dismissive of this kit as it hasn’t got the cache of later fighters etc. But for me this is one of the most interesting and impressive models I’ve seen. Just my opinion. I’m a bit surprised at EBay prices for this and other kits that will potentially be released for sale again, however.

I have it on my short list of 3 or so kits from WNW that is a "must have" or "must build".

It's stunning in the flesh.  Looks like a bird!  Or a Da Vinci flying creation!

Offline macsporran

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2020, 02:46:39 AM »
To me it's another one of the vanity projects that was never going to repay tooling costs. Wish they'd made a SPAD XIII instead, maybe they'd still be around. Still, our friends at Roden are not going to make that mistake are they?

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2020, 05:52:43 AM »

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Eh ?
Where is that established? I don’t want or need a Taube and I’m not fussed either way, but isn’t this a ww1 modelling forum? I thought this was our bread and butter?

JMHO, but I think a lot of us would rather look to CSM, Roden, etc. than worry about the possibility/maybe/ who knows re release of a former WNW kit. Not meaning any insult to your interest at all. I know you are a HUGE FAN of WNW. I greatly appreciated and loved the work of the WNW team but am moving on.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler