Author Topic: Don't get PUSHY with me !  (Read 32324 times)

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
Re: Don't get PUSHY with me !
« Reply #300 on: April 06, 2022, 03:46:24 AM »
Nice work Alexis! As I said elsewhere a kind forumite sent me the Eduard Weekend Edition 1/48 DH.2 so I'll now be going back through your lovely build and taking notes for later.

That masking job is fantastic. Will I be up to the task?...
Zac in NZ

Bughunter

« Reply #301 on: April 06, 2022, 06:19:05 AM »
Very nice progress Alexis! That will be a lovely DH2 at the end.

One question:
Is the axle construction closed on the underside of the Roden kit?
The Eduard one is symmetrical, you see the axle from both sides and I have the feeling that this is wrong. It is hardly shown on photos, but the drawing looks like that.
I think I will fix it.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #302 on: April 06, 2022, 06:30:00 AM »
Very nice progress Alexis! That will be a lovely DH2 at the end.

One question:
Is the axle construction closed on the underside of the Roden kit?
The Eduard one is symmetrical, you see the axle from both sides and I have the feeling that this is wrong. It is hardly shown on photos, but the drawing looks like that.
I think I will fix it.

Cheers,
Frank

I can't answer for Alexis on the Roden kit but WNW gave two versions. One was just an axle, No Fairing/wing. The other was as you guess, the axle only on top of the wing.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #303 on: April 06, 2022, 09:05:10 AM »
Thanks Rick , Zac and Frank  :)

Zac , I have an Eduard 48 scale and a bluemax one still kicking around waiting their glory in the light . One day I might build them . Or do a kit bash out of the two kits .

Frank , to answer your question the axle bar can be on it's own , or sits on top of a wing which has a grove were the axle bar rest . There is two spreader bars which run through the axle wing , so if you are not doing the wing don't forget about these . Here is a pic of the kit parts , note the axle bar has been replace with rod from the stash and details added .

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #304 on: April 06, 2022, 09:12:52 AM »
Here is the results of the per-shading ...top and bottom . I used lacquer paint for this . The top olive darb is by Mr.color I believe . It is a set of four for doing olive darb vehicles Dark to light for shadowing and highlighting and fading . I used the darkest for the top side of the surfaces and side of the fuselage . For the underside I mix Tamyia German grey and a bit of black  for the underside .

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #305 on: April 06, 2022, 09:13:28 AM »
 :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #306 on: April 06, 2022, 10:49:39 AM »
The pre shading looks terrific. It should give awesome results.
RAGIII

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #307 on: April 06, 2022, 09:28:19 PM »
The pre-shading looks good, Alexis.

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #308 on: April 07, 2022, 03:46:16 AM »
Zac , I have an Eduard 48 scale and a bluemax one still kicking around waiting their glory in the light . One day I might build them . Or do a kit bash out of the two kits .
Now that sounds like a fascinating build!
Zac in NZ

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #309 on: April 07, 2022, 04:51:14 AM »
Now that sounds like a fascinating build!

I have the OLD Smer kit in My closet Alexis...if you really want a challenge  ;D
RAGIII

Bughunter

« Reply #310 on: April 07, 2022, 05:32:35 AM »
Alexis, thank you for the info about gear!

I have the OLD Smer kit in My closet Alexis...if you really want a challenge  ;D
Rick, that falls into the category of assault and bullying!

Cheers,
Frank

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #311 on: April 07, 2022, 06:20:09 AM »
Alexis, thank you for the info about gear!

Rick, that falls into the category of assault and bullying!

Cheers,
Frank

Now that is Funny!
RAGIII

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #312 on: April 07, 2022, 09:32:57 AM »
You are welcome Frank and I do agree that it is assault and bullying  ;) I wonder if there are rules regarding that .Hmmmmm

Rick , I started that kit about 25 years ago when I first got into WW 1 , it was flop and it meet it's faith in the trash bin . Would I attempt it it again .....Hell No !

Zac , it should make an interesting build . I prefer the wings from the Bluemax kit and Eduards fuselage is better . Not a fan on white metal struts , worst ever so again the Eduard kit will be handy but i would like to do it with the side fabric panels of the fuselage sides off , all exposed for a full scratch built interior .  ;)

Bit of time was spent in front of bench , my time will be even shorter sitting there with a spaced out look on my face . Back to work tomorrow .

Top side is sprayed as well as the lower side . This will sit for a bit until it is fully dried before I mask and spray the grey on the fuselage top/bottom and nose . In between waiting for the paint to dry . Painting more of the details are under way . And this time the gun is repainted . I used Tamiya Dark Iron in their lacquer line . Wooden handle still need paint and the the gun mount which will be black with brass bolt details .

Alexis

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #313 on: April 07, 2022, 09:33:25 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #314 on: April 07, 2022, 09:33:51 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch