Author Topic: Wingnuts Wings HP O/100  (Read 3446 times)

Offline Gisbod

Wingnuts Wings HP O/100
« on: September 11, 2020, 04:35:34 PM »
I may well have missed a reference to this in another thread, but I was taken aback to find a build thread on the Wingnuts Wings HP O/100:

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/84725-wingnut-wings-handley-page-o100/

Apparently 3 people got one! I think I would have sold it on eBay then retired to the Caribbean...

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline ermeio

Re: Wingnuts Wings HP O/100
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 04:39:38 PM »
And plus there were the examples that moved around the model shows, built but not painted,
... imagine if they were trashed after the show... lucky the modeler that picked them from the bin :D

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 05:47:41 PM »
And plus there were the examples that moved around the model shows, built but not painted,
... imagine if they were trashed after the show... lucky the modeler that picked them from the bin :D

„Wet dreams“...

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 06:03:04 PM »

Might be a Picasso in there too  ;)
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 06:05:55 PM »
I may well have missed a reference to this in another thread, but I was taken aback to find a build thread on the Wingnuts Wings HP O/100:

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/84725-wingnut-wings-handley-page-o100/

Apparently 3 people got one! I think I would have sold it on eBay then retired to the Caribbean...

Guy

‘Totes amaze balls’  as much younger colleague says.
Will it ever be kitted? I says

Offline Ringleheim

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2020, 04:00:11 AM »
Well you know, where there's a will there's a way.

If the kit got to the point where mock-ups were built and touring around at the Shizuoka Hobby Show or whatever, most of what you need to sell the kit must be done now.

I would think Meng or someone like that could bring this sucker to life as they did with the Dreidecker.

I was never a fan of this plane in particular; kind of has awkward, unsightly proportions and lines, like a lot of the stuff WNW made.

I think Peter Jackson had a fetish for that type of stuff.

Offline Ringleheim

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2020, 04:04:19 AM »
You can see what would have been the box art for the 2 versions and some injected sprues, but no built aircraft, in this video.

At the 25 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SbrsAgN7hs

Offline zavod44

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2020, 11:27:48 AM »
I was just thinking about this today at work.  I was wondering if there would be a deal the same as the Dr 1.  I wonder who was cutting these molds.  Wouldn't that be something? 

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2020, 11:36:22 AM »
I’d get one but a shame it doesn’t get the Wingnut treatment, but it should be less $

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2020, 04:25:40 AM »
I was just thinking about this today at work.  I was wondering if there would be a deal the same as the Dr 1.  I wonder who was cutting these molds.  Wouldn't that be something?
i was as worked up over this one as most people were over the Dr.1, so i'd be toward the front of the queue for sure.

Offline Dave J

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2020, 01:05:03 PM »

Guy

Yes there are 3 people that have them... I am one of them! I am sure it would be the bet the record on ebay if one did get listed. I taking offers starting from....

Dave Johnson
Wellington, New Zealand

Former Wingnut Wings Dungeon Master, Sales & Logistics Manager

Offline Dave J

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2020, 01:08:33 PM »

Display samples were shipped back to NZ after shows or they were destroyed belonged repair. I jumped on a RE.8 test shot in Japan and you should of seen everyone's faces when we were doing it.
Dave Johnson
Wellington, New Zealand

Former Wingnut Wings Dungeon Master, Sales & Logistics Manager

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2020, 05:02:21 PM »

Guy

Yes there are 3 people that have them... I am one of them! I am sure it would be the bet the record on ebay if one did get listed. I taking offers starting from....

Ahh, Dave...

I can help you out there by making it for you. Heck, I’ll even do it free of charge and throw in the paint & glue  ;D

Yours pleadingly,

Guy

Ps hope you’ve sorted out a new job?
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline seiran01

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2020, 10:43:05 AM »
You should have seen the look on my face when Richard jumped on the Lancaster test shot at the end of the US Nationals last year... If it had been while the show was still open he would have had a riot to contend with!

I really must finish that Handley Page!
Mike Swinburne

Offline mgunns

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2020, 10:45:39 AM »
You should have seen the look on my face when Richard jumped on the Lancaster test shot at the end of the US Nationals last year... If it had been while the show was still open he would have had a riot to contend with!

I really must finish that Handley Page!

I wonder if he knew something then.
Mark

We few, we happy few.....