Author Topic: MBK order delivered to Wrong address  (Read 2880 times)

Offline smperry

MBK order delivered to Wrong address
« on: August 14, 2020, 03:41:49 AM »
I got an email from USPS saying my order from MBK was delivered to someone in Syracuse NY and was accepted by an individual.
Boy am I pissed.
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline smperry

Re: MBK order delivered to Wrong address
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2020, 04:21:32 AM »
I went roaring down to the local PO, tracking @ in hand. When I told the clerk what my problem was she responded, "Probably a scam, we have been getting a lot of those,", without looking at her computer. She then took the number in the back and ran it on the USPS computer and came back with a printout indicating that the package was addressed properly and still in New Jersey working it's way through customs. She wouldn't let me have the printout, but was happy to let me photograph it with my cell phone camera.

Now I can't for the life of me figure how a phony email with USPS logo on it telling me my package had been accepted by an individual in New York is going to get someone money, unless of course I get a message asking for money to mail it to me. which hasn't happened yet.

Oh well it will either get here or it won't. I shouldn't have spent the money in the first place, so if I loose out, I guess I deserve it.
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2020, 04:39:40 AM »
sp, my package from MBK was just delivered on Tuesday, so you are probably ok.  The email is still puzzling, unless they are trying to entice you into responding via email or phone.  Damned criminals!

Best,

Bob

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2020, 10:17:49 AM »
Before you open an email hover your mouse over who it is from and the email address should appear - if it doesn't look legit then don't open it.

I do this when I get an email supposedly from Apple, Netflix, etc stating my account has been closed or an email from Fedex stating my package is undelivered (suspicious when I haven't ordered anything...).

If you've still got the email from USPS do the above and see who the email is actually from.
Eternal Apprentice

Offline smperry

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2020, 10:46:05 AM »
I will give that a shot. Someone sending scam emails with the USPS logo on them ought to  be of interest to the Postmaster.
sp

Offline ermeio

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2020, 05:17:07 PM »
If the item was shipped with DHL and you subscribed to updates, it can just depend on a re-cycled DHL Tracking ID... I had the same result, but the shipping date was two weeks earlies so I was not frightned... one day  after I was able to track the right item

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2020, 09:07:52 AM »
I get these from Canada Post all the time , but yet I haven't order anything and I don't get parcels delivered to my house . I use my work address for that . So it could be a scam or a recycled tracking number which happens very often actually . In my case it is a scam and gets reported .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline smperry

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2020, 11:15:29 AM »
Everything is in the hands of the Postmaster now. I did not respond to the email. Sure had my shorts in a bunch for a while though. I spent more than I should have and dealt with the consequences, then I think it's gone. I was a disgruntled Postal customer for a while.
According to USPS it will get here when it gets here after customs is done with it. We'll see.
sp

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2020, 09:56:52 PM »
Yeah shipping times coming out of the states will be delayed and that will be the norm for a while until the situation gets better under control . My bike part that I need is coming from the states . It was coming express 3-5 days . It took two weeks from SF to Vancouver Canada !

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline smperry

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2020, 12:57:03 AM »
I got an e mail this morning saying the package in question is out for delivery today. Still a good 2 hrs until the mail usually runs. We shall see.

The kit is an early Fokker D.VII and I am torn between Udet's candy stripe wing Du Dacht Nicht and Willi Gabriel's machine. Both are colorful machines and will make great models. Leaning in the direction of Gabriel's since anyone who could irritate Fat Herman enough to get thrown out of the Jasta has to be a bit of all right in my book. As a point of curiosity was Udet's Candy stripe wing red and white or black and white or does anyone know for sure?

sp

Offline petrov27

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2020, 01:24:18 AM »
was Udet's Candy stripe wing red and white or black and white or does anyone know for sure?

sp

Nobody knows for sure. My take:
https://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=2690.msg44531#msg44531

-Patrick

Offline smperry

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2020, 02:23:38 AM »
My take as well. That is a beautiful model. The shortage of red pigments sort of argues against it, perhaps it would be better done with loz or Fokker streaks barely showing through the red. OTOH I haven't seen any photos to indicate that as I have seen on other red paint jobs. As pretty as the candy stripe scheme is, the uncertainty is pushing me towards Willi Gabriel's machine. It has streaks on the fuselage, loz on the wings and colorful markings painted.

Still waiting on the mail to run.
sp

Offline smperry

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2020, 02:46:38 AM »
The mail finally arrived and so did my Fokker kit.
Still like to get my hands around the throat of whomever pulled the false delivery scam, so I will assuage my rage with a long bout of plastic fondling. It's always such a pleasure to open a WnW kit for the first time. Too bad this will be my last one. I couldn't afford any more at what used to be regular prices, now I don't even consider WnW as an option. They showed up. They were great. Now they are gone. I am far more interested in what new 1/32 WWI kits Roden will soon release as I save up for a Meng Dr.I.
sp

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2020, 10:40:37 PM »
Glad to hear that you got your kit safe and sound SP  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline smperry

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2020, 11:12:18 PM »
Thanks Terri
MBK was very good in responding to my inquiries in spite of the language differences. The USPS was also very nice in tracking the package down. All in all it wasn't an overly long delivery time considering everything going on with the virus business. As for the scammers, I hope their Karma bites 'em where they sit.
sp