Author Topic: Copper State Models: RFC Nieuport XXIII, Caudron G.III and Sopwith Baby ahead!  (Read 5446 times)

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
Fantastic news, go CSM!!!

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
Yes good news indeed, especially the Caudron.
It does seem strange that a Sopwith 'Baby' is on the cards, considering 'Lukgraph' have both the Sopwith and Italian Ansaldo covered in this scale,

Mike

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline RAGIII

It does seem strange that a Sopwith 'Baby' is on the cards, considering 'Lukgraph' have both the Sopwith and Italian Ansaldo covered in this scale,

Mike

I am excited about Copper States plans. I will be purchasing the NIeuports. The Caudron is interesting but probably will be outside of MY Price range....and skill Level  8) I am sure Many Here will be all over the Caudron. That brings Me to Lukgraph. I am almost certainly going to buy the Copper State version of the Baby for two reasons. 1. I am certain that it will be more in My price range( Retired with a Crappy Portfolio  :-\) )
2. It will be injection Molded Plastic vs Resin. More friendly for the "Average" Modeler. In addition If I am Not Mistaken the Lukgraph kits are Limited Production? By the time CSM releases their Baby it May Not be around?  JMHO and only relative to Me perhaps.
RAGIII

"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
I have just found it on FB, too. Very good news, especially that they are getting to the end of the Nieuport series.;)  I have finally got one but it will be enough I guess. I am not too fond of this simple type. But then, that Caudron is a thrilling announcement. Polish versions possible, it will be a must-have! Baby less so, I doubt I will add any more, when Lukgraph's one is already sitting in my cabinet. .
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Edgar

The Caudron is interesting but probably will be outside of MY Price range....and skill Level
RAGIII
We are planning to have it cheaper then Nieuport, could be around 50-53eur or so

Offline RAGIII

The Caudron is interesting but probably will be outside of MY Price range....and skill Level
RAGIII
We are planning to have it cheaper then Nieuport, could be around 50-53eur or so

If that is the case I am all in  ;D
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline rhallinger

Way to go Edgar!  I'm looking forward to both the Caudron and the Baby.

When can we pre-order the Nie.XXXIII?  I'll want to start with three, since you've selected such great markings!  Thanks for your efforts at serving our modeling community.

Best regards,

Bob 

Offline Monty

Really good news! Lovely! Marc.

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison

Mike
Not really.  Not everyone likes to pay resin prices for kits. 8)  This is terrific news indeed! Keep going CSM!
Honor Necessity

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
RAGIII

That makes sense.  The Caudron has about as much plastic and total surface on it as, say an Airco DH.2.  Less plastic, less cost, maybe?
Honor Necessity

Offline fruibal

Way to go CSM  ;D ;D   :D, these are great models to add to my collection, looking forward to buying a bunch of those new releases.

Offline Gene K

Looking forward to the Baby, but had hopes for a Starstrutter.  Went from two great companies planning one (to the extent CADs were developed?) to a maybe-Meng.

The CSM new kits announcement is a welcome portent of good things to come.

Gene K

Offline jeroen_R90S

Great news indeed! But, for now, how do I explain to my wife I need another Nieuport?? :D

Jeroen

Offline Old Man

These people are pulling me towards the dark side, I feel a tug from the land of giants at the thought of that Caudron G.III....