Author Topic: Meng Dr.1 Unboxing  (Read 6748 times)

Offline Bill_S

Meng Dr.1 Unboxing
« on: August 12, 2020, 12:29:37 AM »
I just found this video on Youtube. At first glance, it looks like they did alright with the instructions - and the instrument decals are there, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4jyzjPpUXE&feature=emb_title&fbclid=IwAR3-DUHnvkvu6D_5_L3qAz1P-kEq6a_sKroUhReX-pqJA30fxGjnNSBZR8I

Offline gedmundson

Re: Meng Dr.1 Unboxing
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 12:44:06 AM »
Thanks for posting - the contents of the box look nice. As my supplier had mentioned they were ready to ship a week ago and he should have them end of the month or so. Fingers crossed!
Cheers,
Gary

Offline Ringleheim

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 01:48:23 AM »
Looks fantastic. 

They even tried to give it the WNW "look" with the instructions.

I was also impressed with "little Manfred".  Very crisp molding, kind of looks like him...

I hadn't been interested in the bust before, but I think I'd give it a shot having seen it up close.

Offline smperry

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2020, 02:04:04 AM »
Wonder if Meng will sell separate engine sprues.
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline Captain Slower

• Every Dog Has His Day
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2020, 02:15:19 AM »
My gratitude is with Meng and the Wingnuts Corp for not wasting the efforts of the WNW team.  Meng was astute in making this a single boxing with both rectangular and circular access panels and what appears to be the parts to make F1 thru any Dr.I not fitted with a Clerget.  OOB builds will be very nice!

I hope the decal markets are paying attention.  I hope Pheon would bring back 32002 the JG2 markings.

I have a Roden kit that I will build as MvR's 152/17.  I have two Meng's on order with Sprue Bros, so these may be a J6 and J19 subjects.

Looks great!

Offline petrov27

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2020, 02:41:33 AM »
yes it looks very nice on the sprues indeed. I agree even the bust looks good - very crispy details - I wonder if that is an entirely MENG deal or if WNW had been planning to include a "bust" option? If all MENG, kudos for going with something different (brings back memories of the old DML/Dragon 1/48 WW1 kits with pilot busts included)
-Patrick

Offline SimonCornes

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2020, 03:36:44 AM »
Thanks for that link, it has increased my confidence level in the kit. What I mean is, thank goodness there are 4 marking options! Sad not to see the familiar Wingnut logos on the sprues, ah well.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2020, 04:46:48 AM »
   Does look very nice indeed. I must contact Wheels and Wings to confirm one if they are going to stock it! (so much for slowing down on new Kit purchases, but on the bright side I did maintain my resolve for almost 3 weeks ......... :-[ )
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2020, 08:05:25 AM »
   Does look very nice indeed. I must contact Wheels and Wings to confirm one if they are going to stock it! (so much for slowing down on new Kit purchases, but on the bright side I did maintain my resolve for almost 3 weeks ......... :-[ )
Cheers,
Lance
Compared to me, you're a regular pillar of strength and self-control
Honor Necessity

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2020, 08:35:38 AM »
Images lifted from Art Scale's unboxing...

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2020, 09:40:47 AM »
Now I want one even more !

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline smperry

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2020, 09:48:06 AM »
Fine looking kit. Anyone who complains too loudly should be sent everyone's old 1/28 Revell Dr.Is they have tucked away and made to build them all.

Looking forward to getting one soon.
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2020, 09:52:15 AM »
The video pushed me over the edge, and I pre-ordered one this morning.  I still have a bunch of Roden Dr.I kits in the stash too.  It will be interesting to compare.  Lots of building pleasure! ;D

Best regards,

Bob

Offline mgunns

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2020, 11:10:44 AM »
Cheers,
Lance

You did better than me Lance.  I have one pre-ordered from somewhere I don't know where and one from the Hobby Depot in Tempe.  It is a nice looking molding alright.
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline AROTH

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2020, 12:49:25 PM »
Yes, I also pre-ordered/reserved (whatever) from a few different sites and cannot remember from whom. Anywhere from from 3-5 kits. Better go back and checked my CC statements and saved PayPal receipts....... :o