Author Topic: Meng Dr.1 Unboxing  (Read 6750 times)

Offline Beto

Re: Meng Dr.1 Unboxing
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2020, 05:49:55 PM »
Ouch...! I've had boxes crushed before but never anything like that... i'm guessing the parts are equally wrecked. Was it packed properly, or just dropped off the back of the truck and run over a few times before it got to you? Maybe an insurance claim in with the postal service might be warranted - did you get a picture of the parcel before you opened it?

Yes I did, and set them to the seller yesterday. I got a quick response this morning from him, asking me if the parts were ok  ::) and promising he would do his best to help...
It arrived packed in a soft white foam box and wrapped in black, trash bag style, plastic.

WARNING! - After many messages to and from the seller, who kept asking if I could repair the broken parts, and then asked me to scan the instructions and mark exactly what parts were broken and send him pictures of every single broken part, I posted a claim through ebay's customer service, and he refunded me HALF of the price I paid. So please beware of doing business with this ebay seller. His name is applesha886

Now, can anyone recommend a site (in Europe if possible, to save on shipping costs) to buy an uncrushed Meng triplane?

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2020, 09:17:26 PM »
Now, can anyone recommend a site (in Europe if possible, to save on shipping costs) to buy an uncrushed Meng triplane?

I am afraid we still have to wait for this kit to appear in Europe. HSome shops do not show this kit at all, some, like Hannants have it on pre-order (future release).
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2020, 10:21:12 PM »
Hello PrzemoL

It's good to hear from you. The Meng Fokker Dr.1 kit has only arrived in some Australian shops in the past day or so. Retail price here is around $A 120 so not that cheap a deal compared with the $US39 price for pre orders from Hong Kong.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Beto

« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2020, 08:44:20 AM »

I am afraid we still have to wait for this kit to appear in Europe. Some shops do not show this kit at all, some, like Hannants have it on pre-order (future release).

I've found that AK-Interactive has it on pre-order and they are supposed to arrive by Sept. 15th, so I will wait... and ask them if they have arrived ok. They are located about 200 kms away from my home.  :)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2020, 09:39:31 AM »
Hello PrzemoL

It's good to hear from you. The Meng Fokker Dr.1 kit has only arrived in some Australian shops in the past day or so. Retail price here is around $A 120 so not that cheap a deal compared with the $US39 price for pre orders from Hong Kong.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Ja , for most of us it will not be a cheap price at all once the exchange rate is applied .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2020, 08:19:05 PM »
Hello PrzemoL

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Good they are available Dave but I might have to wait for a possible 20% off sale at that price  :)
‘Not all who wander are lost‘