Author Topic: Dual Build: CSM Nieuport XXIII & Roden Pfalz DIII 1/32nd scale  (Read 29453 times)

Offline Borsos

Re: Dual Build: CSM Nieuport XXIII & Roden Pfalz DIII 1/32nd scale.
« Reply #180 on: November 18, 2020, 03:57:36 AM »
They both are looking fantastic, Rick. Great progress!
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Online RAGIII

« Reply #181 on: November 18, 2020, 05:36:17 AM »
They both are looking fantastic, Rick. Great progress!
Andreas

Thanks Andreas! After about a Month and a Half I have finally received the Montex mask set for the Pfalz. ( 12 days in New York before sending it on to My Local PO). SO today I might try masking and painting the rudder cross on the Pfalz  8) I also got the Bren Gun PE for the Roden SSW DIII. A project I intend to do next year!
RAGIII

Just a Note on the masks and for that matter Pheons Pfalz DIIIa set. They went by info from GvW and Osprey on the Jasta 10 markings for  Heldman,s 4117/17.  In fact the aircraft depicted was a DIII as confirmed by Heldmans reports and GvW and the Windsock Data file breakdown of these aircraft by serial #. So use with a Roden DIII and eliminate the "A" from the serial Number   ;D
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 05:50:21 AM by RAGIII »
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #182 on: November 18, 2020, 09:50:15 AM »
Rick , Love the Nieuport !

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Online RAGIII

« Reply #183 on: November 18, 2020, 10:01:32 AM »
Rick , Love the Nieuport !

Terri

Thanks Terri! This is NO LONGER a DUAL BUILD! I dropped the Pfalz while attempting to paint the Rudder cross. A total loss. Tried repairing the damage but just got worse as each attempt created another problem. No fault of the kit Just Me!
RAGIII

Online William Adair

Oh no.  I am so sorry to hear about the Pfalz.   :(
I was really enjoying seeing it come together and it was a valuable reference for my little scratch one too.  I hope in time it can be recovered.  I'm glad you still have the Nieuport though (my other all time favourite).  It's looking terrific!

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
OMG , sorry to hear about the mishap Rick . Is it new struts you need to get her back on track ? .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline rhallinger

That's a shame Rick, as the Pfalz was looking so nice.  I feel your pain!  Ah well, onwards and upwards.  Carry on with the Nieuport, and you can circle back on the Pfalz in some fashion later.

Best regards,

Bob

Offline Europapete

That's aweful. Sorry to hear that Rick. On a lighter side, maybe we could start  a column entitled "Show us your disasters" where we all post pics of this sort of thing?? Regards, Pete in RI

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
That's too bad, Rick.  It was really coming along nicely.   :(

Offline Monty

I'm really sorry about the Pfalz's hard landing, Rick, I suppose, just like the originals, our creations are prone to this! I get used to a certain mortality in my own endeavors... But the Nieuport will make up for it! Regards, Marc.

Offline Borsos

Oh what a pity!  :(
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Bughunter

This is enough to make you cry!  :'(

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
    Very sorry to hear that Rick. I'd bet that if you just shelve it for a while it will look repairable when you next check it out ....... In the mean time you've got the Nieuport to keep you in good spirits!
Cheers,
Lance

Online RAGIII

Thanks for all of the Condolences Guys and Gal! I really appreciate the thoughts  ;D The Pfalz Won the Battle but in the end I will win the War. No , not on this one but on a replacement kit I hope to purchase in the near future. I love the scheme and want it in My collection! As for the Nieuport I made small progress today and hope to do more tomorrow!
RAGIII

Offline Bill_S

Ugh. I feel your pain, Rick. One of the worst things I've ever done was to try and catch my WNW DH.2 as it fell from the table.