Author Topic: Takom 1/35 British Mk.1 Female Tank  (Read 13052 times)

Offline gedmundson

Re: Takom 1/35 British Mk.1 Female Tank
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2020, 10:13:11 PM »
Wonderful work Gary, looks like you've got the hang of this armour modelling business.Can't wait to see it withh the figures.
Cheers,
Dave.

Thanks Dave - the Masterbox set of Somme infantry in leather jerkins is the plan.
Cheers,
Gary

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2020, 06:26:54 AM »
I decided on some figures to pose with the tank. The MasterBox set of "British infantry Somme Period 1916 kit no.35146" builds up nicely into a group of soldiers with equipment an uniforms indicative of the time. Four of the troops are wearing leather jerkins, and the officer has on an overcoat. I had previously put together three figures from a couple of different sets, then realized the uniforms and equipment were from a later time in the war, with tank crew coveralls, Tank Corps badges, and the haversack on the chest that contained the later gas mask & cannister.

I made some slight changes to the figures by converting the officer to be doing something more natural and less stereotypical than carrying a cane and pointing off into the distance. A couple of the heads were swapped for resin ones, and I used some ICM British Infantry guns because they had a more accurate appearance than the Masterbox parts. Bayonets were removed from the rifles since the troops are not in a state of "advance" just yet. Considering my current projects I have a lot of figure painting to do this next while.

Cheers,
Gary

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2020, 04:46:07 AM »
Gary , in regards to your weathering , I'm confident that you adventure out side and shall I say ..play in the dirt with sound effects ? ;)

Truly outstanding and very life like  :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2021, 04:54:06 AM »
Gary , in regards to your weathering , I'm confident that you adventure out side and shall I say ..play in the dirt with sound effects ? ;)

Truly outstanding and very life like  :)

Alexis

Ha ha! Thanks Alexis - I'm happy you like the weathering. I find each model I build gets weathered a bit more than the last, and I'm less afraid to dive in and make it look mucky, adding more stages of dirt until it looks the part. I used to be in too much of a hurry to call things done and rush off to the next project.
Cheers,
Gary

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2021, 02:17:15 AM »
After two weeks of work on them, I finally have got the figures for this vignette painted. This was accomplished after a few changes to the figures, including replacing all of the MasterBox kit heads with resin examples which added a bit more character. The model and figures will hopefully be added to some groundwork on a base soon.
Cheers,
Gary

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2021, 04:12:42 AM »
I'm always over taken by how realistic your figure painting and weathering , so life like and surreal . Looking forward on seeing this all tied together in their setting .

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Borsos

« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2021, 05:00:30 AM »
Jardropping paintjob, as usual, Gary. Fastastic!
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2021, 05:46:39 AM »
Love those figures, Gary!
Splendid work.

vB  :)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Online Dave Brewer

« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2021, 09:12:04 AM »
Worth waiting for Gary, your infantrymen look wonderful.I guess the diorama is set after the "moustache rule" was dropped in 1916, when many troops were happy to be allowed to serve clean-shaven.
Cheers,
Dave.

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2021, 11:26:17 AM »
Thanks so much for the feedback everyone - I certainly appreciate the kind words from each and every one of you. I've finished my little scene and wanted to share a photo. The scenario would be preparation for the attack in the St. Piere Divion area near Thiepval in November of 1916.
Cheers,
Gary

Offline Edo

« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2021, 04:34:46 PM »
Gery,
i really don’t know where to start..... it is a beautiful scene, all characters just fit together perfectly to tell the sotry.
perfect!
ciao
edo

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2021, 10:21:00 PM »
Figures and landscape give magic to your gorgeous tank.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Bughunter

« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2021, 02:09:25 AM »
With the fine mesh on top the tank and the fine figures it looks so real :o
Wonderful work!

Cheers,
Frank

Online Dave Brewer

« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2021, 07:10:30 AM »
Modelling perfection Gary, marvellous work.
Congratulations,
Dave.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2021, 09:48:28 AM »
I think it's time you write another book , but on your weathering methods ! I'm blown away by this and makes me want to toss the towel in .

Extemely well done Gary  :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch