Author Topic: Eduards Roland C.II  (Read 6044 times)

Offline Old Man

Re: Eduards Roland C.II
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2020, 12:41:04 PM »
Shaping up very nicely, Ma'am.

What is Flory dark dirt? It seems to give a good understated effect.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2020, 01:38:03 PM »
Hi Oldman , glad to have you checking in  :)

Flory washes are clay based . It is a mixed of very fine clay power with water and soap bas to it . Apply to the model like any other wash . Let it dry ( dries fast ) and wipe away with a damp cloth with water . Works best over a gloss surface , not so good on flat coats but interesting effect can be had though .

I have their full range of washes and pigmets and I love their sanding sticks !

https://www.florymodels.org/washes

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Old Man

« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2020, 02:20:51 PM »
Thank you, Ma'am!

I will certainly look into that when I am next buying supplies. I do a lot of panel-line on WWII era stuff with a pencil, which will stay black if gone over with matte coat (otherwise it can glint silver at certain angles, or with dilute paint applied and wiped immediate. I have taken a shot at an oil wash, and it seemed a lot of work for the result. What seems attractive about this is the claim it can go over a matte surface.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2020, 07:17:16 AM »
Beuatiful Painting Terri! I love the subtle wash around the windows. Looks great with the Markings!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2020, 02:07:11 AM »
You are welcome Oldman , hope they work well for you if you choose to pick some up .

Thanks Rick ,

I finished off the guns last night so I can start painting and weathering them up and finishing a few more bits .

Terri
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 11:42:31 AM by Terri »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline GazzaS

« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2020, 07:55:21 AM »
Nice looking paint, Terri.  That flory wash really helps with the mono scheme.
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2020, 12:02:39 PM »
Hi Gary , yes it sure does help with mono scheme giving it a bit more life . The final weathering is yet to come so I'm hoping that I don't mess it up and over do it .

The MG's are put together as well , but I went with a different plan . Going through the spare gun bin I found a resin set . Have no idea who's they are but the breaches came in get use . The PE barrels are also from the bin while the sights are spare PE . Exhaust just needs a flat coat now . I also added seatbelts .

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2020, 12:03:09 PM »
 :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2020, 12:03:45 PM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2020, 12:04:14 PM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline GazzaS

« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2020, 02:41:20 PM »
Coming on greatly, T!
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2020, 02:39:51 AM »
You seem to have a whole arsenal of guns at the moment!

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2020, 09:02:08 AM »
Thanks Gary and Ken  8)

Ken , I like to be well armed  ;)

So with yet another day of rain time was spent relaxing in front of the bench while listening to a band called Yello  :) Love these guys !

Out comes the airbrush and a coat of Vallejo clear flat . This was misted on in very light coats taking my time . I just needed enough for the chalks to bite into . While that was drying I ended up re-paint the prop . It is now set a side drying with it's clear coat awaiting the prop logo's .
With the dull coat dry out came the chalks and more weathering was added to the hinges , behind the rads . I used Tamiya pastels for the mud staining on the under side of the lower wings . Once all that was done it was seal with Vallejo satin finish and the rigging has started as well .

Terri

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2020, 09:02:36 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2020, 09:03:04 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch