Author Topic: Eduards Roland C.II  (Read 6034 times)

Offline RichieW

Re: Eduards Roland C.II
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2020, 03:45:30 AM »
Just found this one Terri, I really like the shape of the Roland C II so will follow this very keenly.

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2020, 06:41:57 AM »

Got my attention.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2020, 10:12:52 AM »
Thanks for following along guys  :)

Well I must say that I moved forward on this one a fare bit today . The seams I primed once more with final clean up . Windows masked up and a primer is on the main parts . While this was drying I started clean up on the other parts setting them up for paint . The prop has it's base coat on for this is used Tamiya Deck Tan . The land struts are very filmsy at the axle wing joins so to add stiffiness , bungie cords got added . They are also pinned as well . Now it's off the mask up the ribs for the next stage . I also drilled out the exhaust . The kit guns I will not be using . Since I still need to build the one for the Lloyd I will be using Toms Model Works .

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2020, 10:13:19 AM »
 :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2020, 10:13:43 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2020, 10:14:08 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2020, 10:14:32 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline GazzaS

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2020, 05:12:44 PM »
Very nice, Terri!  What did you use for the bungees?

Gaz
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2020, 10:21:25 PM »
All is looking Great Terri. The bungees add a terrific touch to the gear!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Online Radarman

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2020, 01:01:09 AM »
Terri,
Keep the production line going. This is shaping up nicely.

Kevin
We are all victims of history!

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2020, 05:30:04 AM »
I too think that the bungees are a realistic touch. You seem to be on a roll at the moment with all of these models on the go!

Stephen.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2020, 08:13:27 AM »
Hi guys ! And thank -you  :)

Gary , I use orange sewing thread for this . Been using it for years now when building in 48 scale .

With the masking tape out time was spent masking off the ribs and flight controls for a bit of per-shading . My first coat was a dark grey using a mix of Tamiya paints followed with an over coat of flat black . Can start spraying the blue/grey now  :)

Terri

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2020, 08:13:56 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Bughunter

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2020, 06:37:08 AM »
The next big progress, right of the wooden bird. Let's see, how it will look like. I have not yet decided for a painting scheme of my Roland.
You're wearing me out, you can hardly follow at that speed!

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2020, 08:42:03 AM »
Hi Frank , yeah this one is going rather fast , but with most of it done years ago it was just a matter of getting her painted which is done as well as the decalling . There are a few errors with the scheme . The checkers on the underside of the right bottom wing should be on the left side . An Eduard oops  :-X . I ran out of decals with a white square field ...short by one so I just used a cross with a white out line . I did lose on of the motifs for the rudder . I had the decal in place went to pick up the q-tip and it was gone ! Have no idea where the hell it went to .

For the blue/grey it is a mix of Tamiya light blue with sky grey . The tires are Tamiya light grey .

Terri

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch