Author Topic: Stones out  (Read 1319 times)

Offline smperry

Stones out
« on: June 11, 2020, 11:25:12 AM »
I had kidney stones out on 6/1/20. On 6/8/20 They took the Super, Terrible, Invasive Nephritic Tool, (STINT), out. The intervening week was the most agonizing of my life....Then it got worse....Multiple trips to the ER did no good. Turned out the stone was 18 mm on the side....It was 40 mm in diameter. The DR finally used the technique of last resort....he listened to me. Today they taught me to self catheterize. What a relief. I got out 2000 ml and no longer feel I am going to explode.
I am a way from being "back", but definitely on the mend. If there are any well wishes to be sent, direct them toward my wife. This crap has driven her nearly insane. Very hard to get the same story from the Doc twice in a row.
Y'all model on and I will be back before too long
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: Stones out
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 11:34:57 AM »
   That all sounds horrific sp, and I don't envy your position presently! Continue to "soldier on" as you have been doing, stay positive, and hopefully this all will pass like those horrible stones! We're all cheering your raw courage in the face of this pain, and look forward to your recovery and return.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 12:41:36 PM »
Really sorry to hear of your ordeal but very happy to hear you are now in recovery mode. Fingers crossed the rest of the year is smooth sailing for you and your very understanding wife.

Cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline LuckyLuke

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2020, 05:36:46 AM »
My God, that sounds horrible.
I passed a kidney stone when I was 30 ( I am 57 now) and it was one of the most painfull ordeals I ever had to suffer. And that stone was +/- 15mm...
So I hope that you at the very least are in no pain (or barable...) and this is all over soon.
Courage to you and your wife !
Best wishes,
Luke

Offline RichieW

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2020, 07:27:14 AM »
I've been wondering how you were getting on SP. It sounds like quite an ordeal, best wishes to you and especially to your wife. They always suffer when we get hospitalized. Mend well, it will be great to see you back at the bench when you are ready.

Offline smperry

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2020, 08:47:54 AM »
Lance, Dave, Luke and Richie
Thanks for the well wishes, Progress is slow, but steady. Everything sort of shut down and has taken longer to re-boot than I would have liked.

I made it out to the shop today and it is still there along with a half built Albie and Spad, so I feel the lure of the bench calling which I hope will motivate further progress.

sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline LuckyLuke

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2020, 04:48:09 AM »
It maybe slow but the progress is there, I am glad for you !
Nurture that lure, it will drag you along  ;)
Bests!!
Luke