Author Topic: On the Bench Modelling Podcast - What happened to Wingnut Wings  (Read 5845 times)

Offline Dave J

Re: On the Bench Modelling Podcast - What happened to Wingnut Wings
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2020, 09:30:44 AM »
Just listened to the Dave Johnson podcast.  Really enjoyed it, though I wish the interviewers had asked a few more questions and follow-ups regarding a number of topics.

Dave sounds like a great guy.  I've had the pleasure of interacting with him a few times over the years and he was always terrific.

No Problem at all Ringleheim, maybe send the guys from the On The Bench a email with some questions. I would be happy to come back on for another chat with them and maybe answer some of the listeners questions, if I can!
Dave Johnson
Wellington, New Zealand

Former Wingnut Wings Dungeon Master, Sales & Logistics Manager

Offline Dave J

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2020, 09:33:11 AM »
On the bench interview part 2 with Dave Johnson begins at 1:03 if you are pressed for time....

Thanks Dave J for your fantastic aftersales customer support which is just one facet of what set Wingnut Wings apart from the rest.
I personally benefitted when you helped me out with extra pieces /decals for the DH-9.

I had no idea you had built ten test shots of that kit!

No problem Dave anytime! After I listened to it again, I said DH.9 but I meant the DH.9a Doh!
Dave Johnson
Wellington, New Zealand

Offline Dave J

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2020, 09:33:27 AM »
Thanks Dave and Dave, great interview!

Your welcome!
Dave Johnson
Wellington, New Zealand

Offline Dave J

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2020, 09:35:36 AM »
In the earlier podcast, Dave Wilson suggested that he thinks WNW could have been financially viable had they run things a different way.

It was interesting to note that Dave Johnson more or less said the same thing in his podcast.  What a shame.

And it really does sound like the Lancaster kits and the Fokker DR.Is could be finished off without too much fuss!  If we never see those kits, it could go down as one of the greatest tragedies in modeling history.

Also very interesting to note that Dave Johnson agreed with Dave Wilson's suspicion that the toolings will never see the light of day, as WETA doesn't like to let other people play with their toys.

That is also a shame.  Once current stock is sold, the best we might be able to hope for is WETA/Peter Jackson doing something themselves in the future, on a very limited basis, in terms of re-popping already finished work. 

I guess that's possible.

Just remember WETA has nothing to do with Wingnut Wings. The companies are all related in a way, but they are all separate.
Dave Johnson
Wellington, New Zealand

Offline Dave J

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2020, 09:44:29 AM »

Hi yes I was thinking maybe they will re-route though Weta for selling off. It might depend on other arrangements like liquidation laws or something but I don’t really know
i don't know the rules of the game in NZ, but i don't think it's likely that liquidation laws will come into play because they're not going bankrupt, just closing. the accountants in their emails imply that they'd resume sales, so directly through the WNW website *seems* likely but who knows.

I've seen that WNW has started shipping all the pending orders via FedEx (I am yet to receive notice about my spare parts order). I am picking they will not be considering reopening the web store for sales anytime soon, as they state in the emails that I have seen posted that they are using FedEx due to postal systems being unreliable at the moment. I know that the web store does not have FedEx pricing setup and doubt they know how to enter it either.

IF they reopen the webstore, I think it would be once some normality has returned to most postal systems.
Dave Johnson
Wellington, New Zealand

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2020, 01:04:09 PM »
That makes sense Dave.

We’ll have to wait until the aircraft are flying again. Unless NZ retailers get dibs.

Inflated prices at the moment suggest the demand is there if and when things get moving. D
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline Ringleheim

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2020, 04:33:14 AM »
In the earlier podcast, Dave Wilson suggested that he thinks WNW could have been financially viable had they run things a different way.

It was interesting to note that Dave Johnson more or less said the same thing in his podcast.  What a shame.

And it really does sound like the Lancaster kits and the Fokker DR.Is could be finished off without too much fuss!  If we never see those kits, it could go down as one of the greatest tragedies in modeling history.

Also very interesting to note that Dave Johnson agreed with Dave Wilson's suspicion that the toolings will never see the light of day, as WETA doesn't like to let other people play with their toys.

That is also a shame.  Once current stock is sold, the best we might be able to hope for is WETA/Peter Jackson doing something themselves in the future, on a very limited basis, in terms of re-popping already finished work. 

I guess that's possible.

Just remember WETA has nothing to do with Wingnut Wings. The companies are all related in a way, but they are all separate.

Yes, of course. 

Dekenba1

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2020, 08:00:49 AM »

I guess that's possible.

Steady on!