Author Topic: If Roden resume production of new WW1 kits, what subjects would you buy?  (Read 35355 times)

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
1/32
Friedrichshafen FF33
Spad 13
Albatros D.III Oef
Aviatik D.I Berg
RAF FE.8
RAF BE.2c
Bristol Scout C
Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter
Hanriot HD.1
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline enathan

I'm only interested in 1/72 kits, and though it's unlikely that these will be affected by the closure of WNW, here is my list. These are popular subjects that were once produced and it's time for modern ones:

Morane Saulnier N
Morane Saulnier L
LFG Roland C.II
AVRO 504
Airco D.H.2
Nieuport 28
Sopwith Pup
Handley Page O/400
Hannover CL.III
Hanriot HD.1 & 2

My personal choice, very unlikely to be re-produced (but who knows - we now have a new Sopwith Swallow):

Fokker D.II & D.III
Fokker D.V
Hansa Brandenburg C.I
RAF F.E.2b
Airco D.H.10
Caudron R.11

Online RAGIII

I would like to see anything WW1 but specifically: All 1/32nd

1. Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter.
2. SPAD 13
3. BE12

I am glad to see Roden is thinking about this again but Hope there is Communication so there is NO direct competition with CSM and others. I don't want to see another company driven out of the Market like Roden was originally by WNW  !
JMHO,
RAGIII

PS: I have been thinking of building some 1/72nd two seaters due to space and Cost limitations. So some 1/72nd kits like the RE8, SPAD 11 or 16, Halberstadts, DFW, Rumpler etc.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 09:56:03 PM by RAGIII »
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Will pretty much take anything in 1/48 or 1/32 scale , however with that said . Some fresh types not done before ( French , Italian , AH or re-tooling on their older kits in 32 scale .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Vickers

Many types have been either under-represented or would benefit from modern engineering, but if I were to suggest a couple that I know for a fact that I would buy then my top 5 would be:

1/48th:

Halberstadt D series
Roland D-II
Vickers Gunbus

1/32nd:
Hanriot HD.1
Phönix D.I/II
Bruno: "How many rules are there?"

Willi: "I don't know... none of zem have ever been written down."

Offline Berman

All in 1/48th scale:
     DH9a
     Voisin III
     Breguet 14 variants early and late A and B
     Fe2B pusher with modular design so they could introduce other fuselage versions of early and late models. Maybe single seat conversions.
       There were over a thousand types of WWI aircraft built so lots for Roden to choose from.

Offline RichieW

For me it's 1/32 scale

BE2c
Bristol Fighter
Bristol Scout

I was hoping WNW would release a Bristol Scout,  TVAL supplied an engine to The Shuttleworth Collection for theirs and TVAL head test pilot was the first to fly it. My hopes were high!

Richie

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
For me,
all 1/32 scale

American DH.4 Liberty plane, w/post war mail plane option
AVRO 504
Fokker Dr VIII

I hope their interest in returning to WW1 is sincere.

Offline petrov27

I just hope they would try to coordinate some with CSM so they do not overlap and impact each other's releases.

On that note, I hope either Roden or CSM produce 1/32:
Hanriot HD1
Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter
SPAD XIII
Halberstadt Cl4
Albatros DIII OEFFAG

a retool/improvement of the Roden Fokker DrI to address some of its errors would be nice assuming the WNW kit is dead completely (no one is getting the moulds or they were not far enough along....)
-Patrick

Offline Monty

Przemo and Richie, lovely choices, but thanks for reminding me, The Bristol Scout in 1/32!

Offline Bluesfan

• MW Miniature Work
1:32 -
Two which wouldn't be too much of a stretch, closely related to existing kits:
          Albatros/Oeffag D.III 153  (just the thought of all those lovely schemes!)
          SSW D.IV 
The (for me, anyway) two major single seaters no one's ever offered in this scale:
          Hanriot HD.1
          Halberstadt D type
And the most prominent type currently which has been kitted but is very hard to get hold of, and badly needs an update anyway:
          SPAD XIII

1:72 -
I'm not really expecting this one, it's a personal whim:
          Staaken R.VI R.30
(This was the one with an extra engine as a supercharger. If you look carefully at the sprues for the other R.VI kits, Roden clearly had such a kit in mind, but I guess the first two didn't sell well enough. Pity - two possible schemes; a wartime one, and the scheme it wore for a post-war film)

Cheers, Mark

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
Would be great if they got back in the game.  I would love to see a 1:32 Albatros/Oeffag D.III (all versions).  Also if they could release the Albatros D.III wing sprue with offset radiator and associated parts, that would be nice.

Bughunter

I would buy all not yet existing kits in 1/48.
There are so many interesting types e.g. from Austro-Hungarian and French, but also from other nation.

Eduard wants to do a new Camel in 1/48 this year?! I think we have already a acceptable Camel, but so many other types without a kit.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline OEFFAG 153

• Just another Wingnutter
    • Terfors Creative
Interesting news from Roden.

In 1:32 of course
An easy release for them would be the Austro-Hungarian OEFFAG Albatrossen
Starting with the 153 and 253. Updating and building on their existing DIII kit.
(An Austro-Hungarian Albatross in 1:32 is by far my greatest wish from any modelling company)
A Lohner Type T
A Fokker EV would certianly be popular.
A SPAD XIII

/Mikael

Building the WnW Hansa W.12 and Junkers D.1.

Dekenba1

Reading some of these replies, you can tell we've been spoiled by WNW up until now.

I fear the days of relatively niche WWI machines appearing in 1\32 have gone. Roden will only kit an aeroplane when they forecast good profits. Hence, they've stuck to well known, single seat, single engined fighters, looking to release multiple boxing's of the same basic mould to sweat the costs as much as possible.

And they've never turned their nose up at sales by allowing kits to become sold out, something I'll never really understand WNW allowing as a matter of course - all that lost revenue?!

Roden could adopt the Eduard model - that WNW were trying to get towards - of releasing an "overtrees" kit of just the sprues, a standard kit of sprues, decals, & instructions, and a premium offering some of the now quite widely available AM in the box - machine guns, seatbelts, photo etch, turnbuckles, figures, extra decals, resin wheels & seats, Yahu panels, ez-line, wire wheels, painted props, etc. They did something like that with Encore's Albie, SE.5a & Dr.I, which had the basic Roden sprues with PE & resin extras.

This really could be an opportunity for Roden, WNW have abandoned the market in its entirety. Roden have dozens of 1\32 kit moulds to work with to get started, whilst perhaps looking to develop new kits - two seaters, seaplanes, post-war versions, etc.

It could get very exciting.