Author Topic: Fokker D-VII 1/33rd Fitter's Paper Model with Matt77 Repaint  (Read 8525 times)

Offline NinetythirdLiberator

Re: Fokker D-VII 1/33rd Fitter's Paper Model with Matt77 Repaint
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2020, 01:38:11 AM »
Ha, ha!  Egg with a bit of Tamyia acrylic!  ;D

Spaghetti of course!  It is delicate but sands quite well.  A little harder than balsa and strong enough since this is really visual.  The wings are already very sturdy.  I couldn't use pasta for Marco's booms on this pusher!  There are different types of pasta so they could definitely be used for other parts!

I actually used the tacky glue (so far I usually leave an unsightly gloss on my models where the super glue dries) as the pasta was primed and painted and the glue dries so fast, I don't think it has a chance to react.  We'll see if my struts become all curvy in the humidity that is the Pacific NW.  I'll keep you updated.

Cheers and thanks for looking,
Dan

Offline NinetythirdLiberator

« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2020, 02:39:21 PM »
She's close now!  Landing gear on, wheels, tail skid, prop...really needs ailerons, some aileron control cables and some little details like foot and hand-holds, windscreen etc.

Dang...looks like a real D-VII now.  The color scheme is very fetching, I must say!

Dan

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2020, 11:06:13 PM »
Yup.  That's a D.VII alright!  Dan, this looks really cool.  I agree that this scheme is very pleasing, and I really like Marco's rendering of the lozenge fabric and colors.  Looks great!  Very well done. ;D

I love how you move through these paper kits swiftly but without undo haste.  Looking forward to the Pfalz D.III! ;)

Best,

Bob

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2020, 05:25:45 AM »
Outstanding results Dan. I Love the scheme and you have pulled this one together Beautifully!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline GazzaS

« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2020, 03:01:10 PM »
Amazed!
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.