Author Topic: B-Type Military Omnibus Miniart 1:35  (Read 12485 times)

Offline jeroen_R90S

Re: B-Type Military Omnibus Miniart 1:35
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2020, 07:05:54 AM »
Very nice, I love the figures already!

Bughunter

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2020, 07:37:00 AM »
Andreas, again a damn great build from your bench! Even if I would prefer a civil one with the huge whisky advertizing :D

Your ability to turn a model into a story is awesome.
Exactly my thought! Everytime if I see his models. And even more, if I see those pieces of art in real, like last time in Ried (Austria).

Cheers,
Frank

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2020, 12:07:32 PM »
What you do with your figures will never cease to amaze me! Looking fantastic as does your initial painting on the vehicle .
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Borsos

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2020, 05:49:36 PM »
Thank you very much Rick, Frank and Jeroen for looking in and commenting so nicely. Frank, the civil one is also in the queue, Miniart also released a bright red version with all its advertising — looking wonderful.

A first testfitting of the main components. i couldn’t resist getting a feeling of the final size of the model. And I have to construct the main components first before being able to adjust some sitting figures onto the top deck.

The contrast is going to be toned down more, there are several stages of filters and washings waiting...
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2020, 06:41:45 PM »
Excellent work Andreas, this is shaping up to be another of your masterpieces.

When I was at the Great War Exhibition in Wellington, NZ in 2018, they had one of these vehicles on display. This photo may help with your model?

Regards

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Borsos

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2020, 08:53:13 AM »
Thank you very much Dave, especially for posting this wonderful image. I love the idea of the khaki painted bus with readable, not removed advertising signs.

Some time ago I started to convert some figures for the bus. I was thinking about two or three... Meanwhile I have 23 of them. Stupid me. I have to paint them all...

For my figures I use a wide range of different figures from Mini Art, ICM, Masterbox and other manufacturers that I collected over the years. Then I change, cut and rearrange arms, legs, torsos and hornet resin heads, using Magic Sculpt and Green Stuff together with the formidable ICM WWI equipment sets to build up WWI figures. The smoking officer in the middle of the small group of already painted figures is a Black Dog resin figure, I only changed the head for a Hornet resin replacement. Frankenstein‘s laboratory is a Kindergarden compared to my working bench.

Best regards,
Andreas
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2020, 05:51:46 PM »
Excellent work, Andreas  :o
Bringing plastic to life - Well done!!

vB

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2020, 06:00:15 PM »
Great, indeed!!

Offline Borsos

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2020, 09:13:53 AM »
Thank you very much, von B. and Richard!

Things go on slowly. But they do go on. I tried out Life Color‘s six jars of WWI british uniform colors and I really like them.

Meanwhile I painted 14 of my 23 figures.
Best regards

Andreas
Barbusse.
Remarque.

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2020, 04:33:57 PM »
Outstanding work, you choosen an interesting subject and made it into a very good model. Figures are living, every and each one.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2020, 05:25:55 PM »
Outstanding work, Andreas! Your way of painting figures is so unique and perfect. I like this project very much and I am looking forward to your next updates.
Bye,
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2020, 07:26:28 PM »
Your figure modelling is excellent, and I'm afraid I find those figures rather disturbing.

It's probably just me

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2020, 03:09:19 AM »
Simply stunning figure work!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Borsos

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2020, 08:15:28 PM »
Thanks a lot Giuseppe, Manni, Richard and Rick!

I'm afraid I find those figures rather disturbing.

It's probably just me

Richard

Although I am not willing to harm anybody’s feelings, disturbance actually is an intented (side)effect when looking at my dioramas/vignettes. I think we must not forget that we are dealing here with one of the world‘s most brutal and cruel wars that ever took place on this earth. Also all these pretty airplanes we are modelling, were only designed and build for one single purpose: for killing people. War is madness, and I do not want to exclude this from my modelling, just to the contrary. When I browse through my display cabinet, I must say that death is the main actor in many of my dioramas.
That’s just my personal way to deal with the contradiction to have fun modelling something that in real life was no fun at all. But there are as many other points of view on this topic as modellers in the world I think.

Andreas
Barbusse.
Remarque.

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2020, 03:43:30 AM »

Although I am not willing to harm anybody’s feelings, disturbance actually is an intented (side)effect when looking at my dioramas/vignettes. I think we must not forget that we are dealing here with one of the world‘s most brutal and cruel wars that ever took place on this earth. Also all these pretty airplanes we are modelling, were only designed and build for one single purpose: for killing people. War is madness, and I do not want to exclude this from my modelling, just to the contrary. When I browse through my display cabinet, I must say that death is the main actor in many of my dioramas.
That’s just my personal way to deal with the contradiction to have fun modelling something that in real life was no fun at all. But there are as many other points of view on this topic as modellers in the world I think.

Andreas

In which case, I highly approve of what you are doing.

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!