Author Topic: Rodens SSW D.III 1/32  (Read 29715 times)

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: Rodens SSW D.III 1/32
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2019, 03:53:46 AM »
   Coming along REALLY nicely Terri. It's a pleasure following your progress, brings up memories of building mine a few years back and thoughts of doing the second one I plan. (It's in the stash with all the A/M Parts ready to go) Meanwhile this little gem is going to be a beauty!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2019, 11:01:09 AM »
Hey , thanks a lot Lance for checking her out and the positive feedback  8)

I can assure you I will be following along on your next one . Have you chosen a scheme for it yet ?

Seatbelts are now installed and the halves close up , lower chin in place and upper decking along with the fire wall .The lower wing doesn't fit very well and I ended up going to thin on the right side and took a bit of damage , but very easily fix to do . Under side will take some work with filling and sanding . Not as bad as on the Koster kit though . So she is starting to look like an airplane now .

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2019, 11:01:37 AM »
 ;)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2019, 11:02:05 AM »
 :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2019, 11:02:35 AM »
 ;D
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2019, 11:03:26 AM »
 ??? :o

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline petrov27

« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2019, 11:36:22 AM »
??? :o

Looking really good - interior is excellent.

Wow that gap joining the lower wing to the fuse brings back memories :)
-Patrick

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2019, 10:53:22 PM »
Thanks P !

I hope that those memories are happy ones .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Online RAGIII

« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2019, 11:23:24 PM »
WOW T, that is great progress! The interior looks fantastic with all in place. Really inspiring to see it all buttoned up!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2019, 12:09:57 AM »
Hey , thanks a lot Lance for checking her out and the positive feedback  8)

I can assure you I will be following along on your next one . Have you chosen a scheme for it yet ?

Seatbelts are now installed and the halves close up , lower chin in place and upper decking along with the fire wall .The lower wing doesn't fit very well and I ended up going to thin on the right side and took a bit of damage , but very easily fix to do . Under side will take some work with filling and sanding . Not as bad as on the Koster kit though . So she is starting to look like an airplane now .

Terri,
  Still not certain but one of the dark brown wood finishes is the tentative choice. Hard to resist!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2019, 12:28:52 AM »
Thanks Rick , it does make want to keep at her  :)

When your ready Lance let me know and I'll see what I have for profiles on the dark wood finish .

I do have a question for you . Did you remove the side access panels or did you just place the PE parts right on top ? More so on the right side of the fuselage .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2019, 02:16:28 AM »

"I do have a question for you . Did you remove the side access panels or did you just place the PE parts right on top ? More so on the right side of the fuselage . "
Terri,
    I didn't remove the kit panels, just applied the PE versions over top. Looks like I also added a sheet of very thin styrene to the panels so I probably sanded down the originals.  I also used the "chin" underside panel on the cowling area sanded down to support the PE version IIRC. It's hard to tell on the Under Construction Board as Photo Bucket did their evil magic on the photos. This one from my hard drive might help.

Cheers,
Lance
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 02:21:29 AM by lcarroll »

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2019, 02:38:35 AM »
This must be a speed build Terri! The cockpit interior looks great but it seems that you will have some work to do with that wing/fuselage joint. However I have no doubt that it will have disappeared by the time of your next post.

Stephen.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2019, 05:27:32 AM »
Hi Lance , thanks for the reply back to my question . I did go back have a look at your build thread , but PB has held everything hostage . I ended up removing the panels and made a new scoop using a 1/48 scale Mustang drop tank . This was going well , even had it glued in place and decided to thin it out more and it took battle damage  :o I also removed the 2 vent scoops on the underside and once the PE panel is fixed in place . New scoops will be made out of 72 scale mustang drop drops . Lower part of the wing is filled and sanding waiting for primer to see how well I actually did !

Thanks Stephen for dropping by . Not a speed build . I had a week off and was able get a large amount done . Now that I'm back at work modeling time is on the weekends now and this weekend is thanksgiving so I get an extra day off for time in front of the bench .

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2019, 05:30:26 AM »
 :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch