Author Topic: Wingnut Wings Hansa-Brandenburg D1 in development  (Read 3931 times)

Offline zavod44

Wingnut Wings Hansa-Brandenburg D1 in development
« on: September 23, 2019, 11:12:20 AM »
First Copper state now Wingnut Wings.  I would say that I would prob opt for the Wingnut kit, just because the ease of build and level of detail....

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
Re: Wingnut Wings Hansa-Brandenburg D1 in development
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 01:24:04 AM »
^^ for the same reasons, I think I am going to try the CSM offering.  Their Nieuport 17 kits are fantastic, and compare favorably to the WNW kits of similar type (such as all of the Sopwith kits they have done).
Honor Necessity

Offline carlosgandiaga

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 03:53:19 AM »
^^ for the same reasons, I think I am going to try the CSM offering.  Their Nieuport 17 kits are fantastic, and compare favorably to the WNW kits of similar type (such as all of the Sopwith kits they have done).

I will stick with WNW.  While I thoroughly enjoyed the CSM Nieuport, I had a devil of a time with fit.  It could, of course, just be my ham-handed modeling skills, but just my 2 cents..

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 05:11:24 AM »

I will stick with WNW.  While I thoroughly enjoyed the CSM Nieuport, I had a devil of a time with fit.  It could, of course, just be my ham-handed modeling skills, but just my 2 cents..

To each their own and this being the WNW release thread I respect your choice  8) I am personally going with CSM as I Loved the Nieuports and had no trouble at all!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline fruibal

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 12:32:33 PM »
First Copper state now Wingnut Wings.  I would say that I would prob opt for the Wingnut kit, just because the ease of build and level of detail....

Your comment is so biased, you have not even seen the final product, both manufacturers are good, being WNW the most expensive

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2019, 01:17:00 AM »
Honor Necessity

Online Gene K

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2019, 12:17:39 AM »
Some excellent reference photos for my CS model at this outstanding site:  https://tinyurl.com/y58sz5ra

Gene K

Offline Olieslagers

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2019, 03:07:59 AM »
Well, I do not want anybody feel left out so I will have to buy both .

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2019, 04:09:13 PM »
Well, I do not want anybody feel left out so I will have to buy both .
You and won‘t be the only ones, I guess...

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2020, 08:38:40 AM »
Hi all,
Both the WNW and CSM models progress seems to have gone quiet recently?

Mike

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2020, 12:17:53 PM »
Hi Mike

I suspect both Wingnuts and Copper State have gone silent on their Hansa Brandenburg D.1 projects so as not to alert the other on their development status. Wingnuts have always been super secretive about their projects and Copper State, while being more open and sharing, have realised they should not tip off a competitor as to when their kit will be released.

Personally I'm thinking Copper State will be first to market, based on just a hunch ( although coronavirus-closed Chinese moulding factory issues may intervene). Quality-wise I'm thinking both kits will be state of the art as Copper State are now level with Wingnuts in terms of fine detail (the CSM Nieuports are breathtaking).

Which will I buy? Probably both, finances permitting. Both manufacturers are at the top of their game but for some of us affected by the American exchange rate, the US-priced Wingnuts D.1s may be out of our price range ( The Aussie dollar has slumped to an 11 year low right now). But then the CSM D.1s may be exxy too depending on how strong the Euro is at time of release.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2020, 07:19:21 PM »
Hi Dave,
You are probably correct in your assumptions.
Personally I'd go with whoever releases first, even if it's the resin CSM model.
Having recently built several and problematic non-CSM resin kits, I'd still go for theirs if it came out before the WNW model.
I have some of their Nieuport's and although not built yet, I can already see they'll not have too many, if any, build or accuracy problems.
There are some modellers around that believe manufacturers are moving away from 1:32 scale kits, due to the cost of production and the cost to the customer, plus the size issues of building and storing such models.
However, models are coming in this scale from such as WNW, CSM Models, HK Models and Lukgraph.
I think we are OK right now, especially for WW1 aircraft,

Mike   

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2020, 10:27:31 PM »
Hi Mike

Just to clarify, the Copper State Models Hansa Brandenburg D.1 kit is plastic, same as the Wingnuts model will be.

CSM used to do its 1/48th kits in resin but it's latest models are all plastic ( except for the 48th Handley Page O/400). Lukgraph kits are resin.

cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2020, 11:40:02 PM »
Hi Dave,
Yes of course they are styrene, not resin.
I guess I'm resin blinded by my recent builds,
Thanks for clarifying this,

Mike