Author Topic: Koster's SSW D.III 1/48  (Read 25038 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Koster's SSW D.III 1/48
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2019, 06:06:43 AM »
Thanks Drew and Ken  8)

Ken , yes I have made my choice on the scheme . Will be doing Kessler's bird SSW D.III 1611/18 , Kest 4b . Profile is from Jacks Herris' Book SSW aircraft of WW 1 on page 99 .

« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 11:44:51 AM by Terri »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2019, 06:07:19 AM »
 :)

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2019, 06:08:07 AM »
from Jack's book page 99

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2019, 04:04:49 PM »
Wonderful work, Terri. The laminated wood of the propeller looks great.
Bye,
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2019, 09:20:18 PM »
I like that color scheme.  Like Manni said, the prop looks very good.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2019, 11:56:41 PM »
Looking Better than Terrific T! The dark wood stain , prop, black cowling and panels, and Metal work all look great!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2019, 10:35:24 AM »
Thanks Manni , Ken and Rick for following along . It does give encouragement  8)

Manni and Ken . I can't take credit of the prop blades . Those are decals for the kit actually . The prop and spinner are from a old Eduard build . My cat Blau jump up on the bench and knocked over a bottle of pro-weld . Well I can say that it melted what I had work on , So I kept what was useable and tossed the rest . Prop blades have been re-worked cord and span wise .

Rick , wasn't to sure on how to go by the fuselage . At first I was going to do wood graining , but this won't been seen any way . So I used Tamiya linoleum deck brown with a few drops of Tamiya clear orange for the shellac .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2019, 12:31:32 AM »
Fantastic thread to follow, Terri you're doing a terrific work on every issue, the wood tone is beautiful, I've never heard before of this "linoleum" colour...

Antonio

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2019, 01:12:30 AM »
Terri,
    Great choice for the scheme and the model is looking mighty fine indeed. I've always planned to do a second D.III in wood finish and this would be perfect. I have a Roden Kit in the Stash ............. maybe closer to building then I think as I follow your excellent work here! 8)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2019, 09:20:05 AM »
Fantastic thread to follow, Terri you're doing a terrific work on every issue, the wood tone is beautiful, I've never heard before of this "linoleum" colour...

Antonio

Hi Antonio , It's part of Tamiya's new line which came out a few years ago XF-79 is it's paint number in their acrylic line of paints . I have the lacquer paint by them as well but it is lighter in shade and even with the clear orange mixed in . It would have not even been close . The shellac is more of a dark brown but not overly dark . Once applied to the fuaelage it would have covered up any grain effect so in this case no wood tones .

Terr
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2019, 09:30:02 AM »
Terri,
    Great choice for the scheme and the model is looking mighty fine indeed. I've always planned to do a second D.III in wood finish and this would be perfect. I have a Roden Kit in the Stash ............. maybe closer to building then I think as I follow your excellent work here! 8)
Cheers,
Lance

Lance ,

It is a cool scheme isn't it ! But I think the Roden kit would be easier then this one . I will get to my some day , maybe this winter it will make it to the bench . When you start your second one I will be following along .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2019, 12:25:29 AM »
Very nice work on your model.
Cheers,
Gary

Offline Bluesfan

• MW Miniature Work
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2019, 08:48:32 AM »
Inspiring work, it can't be the easiest of kits. The wood look is great on these SSWs.
Have always been fascinated by that series, though I only have an old Toko SSW D.IV in 1:72 to show for it.
Hoping to see a D.IV (or even a D.VI - amazing looking machine) in 1:32 one day.
Looking forward to seeing the end result - cat permitting!  :)

Mark

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2019, 01:06:49 PM »
Thanks Gary and Mark for dropping by and having a peak  8)

Mark , I have built the Toko kit but as the D.III . Wonderful little kit actual . Yes a 32 scale or even 48 scale D.IV would be great . Or even a resin set to replace the wings and struts . I wouldn't mind picking up another Roden kit in 32 scale and scratching the wings and struts myself .

I finished off the detail paint and started clear coating for decals when disatier happened . My clear coat had alum flakes in it . Well this didn't go well while running to the kitchen to wash off the Tamiya clear coat and in the process of doing said action ...I drop it on the floor and spilting the fuselage along the top and bottom spine and cracking the join on the back end of the lower wing join . I have re-glued the seems and re-puttied once again . Should be back on track in no time .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2019, 01:31:40 PM »
 >:(

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch