Author Topic: wingnut wings AEG iv  (Read 1600 times)

Offline minglefear

wingnut wings AEG iv
« on: April 29, 2019, 10:29:23 PM »
hello I am just about to start building the above aircraft and have a question I see on hannants website there are a number of HGW photo etch detail sets available I was wondering does this kit really require these sets or is it just a money spinning idea for the model manufacturer.
Any comments would be gratefully recieved

Online RAGIII

Re: wingnut wings AEG iv
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 11:32:38 PM »
I have not built the AEG but I do have an opinion for what it is worth. NO WNW kit "NEEDS" aftermarket products. All can be built OOB to a high standard. That being said it depends on what level of detail you will be satisfied with! There are some HGW parts like the seat belts that look better and more realistic when used. So my advice is take a look at the parts in the kit and what HGW provides. Decide if with your skills and the additional parts the Model will be enhanced. I would also recommend that you check out the build logs on this site. Several have been built using kit parts and self made enhancements. Just My Humble Opinion.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline minglefear

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 12:08:02 AM »
thanks very much for the info most useful as soon as I have the kit I shall have a good look and see if they are needed I have also just purchased the modelling book from albatross this I hope will be of use.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 02:43:31 AM »
    I recently built this Kit and agree with Rick and Steve, very few After Market accessories for this model are better then that supplied in the box. I did use the HGW Belts , a couple of Gas Patch guns, and Aviattic's "Night Lozenge" decals which added to the model. I also recommend the Albatros Publications "How to Build" book highly as well as KLP Publications E Book on the build, both are excellent references. My Build Log here may be helpful:

https://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=9144.0

Good luck, it's a wonderful Kit and I'm looking forward to following your progress here!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline minglefear

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 03:05:26 AM »
thanks for the help guys I shall have another look at these aftermarket sets and decide whether to use them I shall use the belts and have ordered the book will be starting work fairly soon

Offline James

wingnut wings AEG iv
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2019, 04:14:08 AM »
     KLP Publications E Book on the build, both are excellent references.
  Cheers,
Lance

Lance, is there a website or somewhere to check out the KLP Publications E Book?

Thanks,
James Sontag
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline minglefear

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2019, 06:12:35 AM »
I have also been looking at a number of websites regarding the AEG and found the Felixstowe f2a early/late versions just wondering are these kits better or just as good is it a harder kit to build has anyone built it?

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2019, 12:33:30 PM »
     KLP Publications E Book on the build, both are excellent references.
  Cheers,
Lance

Lance, is there a website or somewhere to check out the KLP Publications E Book?

Thanks,
James Sontag

James,
  Try this one.....

https://www.klp.com.au/product/building-the-wingnut-wings-aeg-g-iv-late-in-132-scale/

Cheers,
Lance

Offline James

wingnut wings AEG iv
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2019, 10:46:37 PM »
Thank you Lance. Very much appreciated, my friend. Picked up the Early A.E.G. G.IV.

James
Axes Grind and Maces Clash