Author Topic: WNW Gotha G1  (Read 10813 times)

Offline macsporran

Re: WNW Gotha G1
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2019, 06:34:39 PM »
I think WNW have rushed these out because they've heard that Roden and HK have them both on the 1/32 stocks also.

Offline Berman

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2019, 07:47:39 PM »
Well Lone Star Models is planning a 1/48th scale Gotha G.I to compliment its existing 1/48th scale Felixstowe F.2a flying boat.

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2019, 03:45:49 AM »
The rarity and ugliness of UWD make it very much tempting. I begin to see me ordering one...
What  a surprise and it seems that no one was thinking of 10th anniversary of WNW. It is a blessing to have them around us.

UWD is 6 cm too long for my cabinet... Pity.  :(  But then, there is a poor choice of options with just one example existing. And I like so much to build models in versions which very few, preferrably no one, builds. So, I have just ordered G.I.  ;D  (37 cm long against 38 cm depth of my cabinet shelves!!!)

Let us celebrate WNW 10th anniversary!
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline zavod44

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2019, 09:23:08 AM »
100% all in on that seaplane.  It's another one I can't wait to crack open and build.  I have to get my current project going, so I can get this started ASAP.....amazing time to build models.  I used to think a Staaken was the thing of fantasy, but now I firmly believe we will see one by Wingnut Wings.    And yes I'll be the first to order one when it comes available. 

Offline zavod44

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2019, 10:24:12 AM »
Also interesting that there's no trolley included, no biggie, can be easily scratchbuilt, just thought it might be tossed in..

Offline Bluesfan

• MW Miniature Work
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2019, 10:18:34 PM »
What a fab surprise - surely no one (except probably Mark Guitarlute, who nobly took one for the team) imagined WNW or anyone else would kit these types in 1/32. One thought; I think a G.V is much much more likely now, maybe other Gotha G types as well.

My personal main source of delight was that this bigly (not a word? It should be!) adds to the limited stock of 1914-15 aircraft types available.

But the UWD in particular had me scooting off to see if there could be any other historically interesting operational one-offs which someone could offer in 1/32. As you say, all bets are off now!
The Alcock Scout? The Oeffag Mickl H = 'Blue Wonder'? The Nieuport 25, Nungesser's bespoke machine? Any others?
And many of the R-planes existed only in singular form. A few were operational, the DFW R.I, and the Dornier Rs.III, as well as one or two Staakens and SSWs.
One offs... You know, a 1/32 Felixstowe Fury doesn't seem so certifiably insane as it did a week ago :)

Cheers
Mark

Offline hiddeous1973

• Don't worry, Baldrick has a cunning plan !!
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2019, 11:42:13 PM »
This is sure a very nice surprise. I thought I would never build any of those giants WnW has on offer as they don't appeal to me, but this one? It is so ugly that is beautifull.... yeah, I want one of these!!! Will take me some time to get the money, but somehow I don't think it will sell out quickly (but then again, you never know with WnW kits!!!)

as for the next one? seeing that rare planes  are now 'possible' I will trow in my all time favorite and hope that WnW will do a AGO C.I .

Offline Ryan

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2019, 03:03:39 AM »
Also interesting that there's no trolley included, no biggie, can be easily scratchbuilt, just thought it might be tossed in..

I thought this as well.

Ryan
In Progress: 1/32 Albatross DV (Richthofen); 1/32 Morane Saulnier Type N; 1/32 Sopwith Pup
Upcoming: Not sure!

Offline FokkerFodder

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2019, 07:42:02 AM »
Pics up of the model built by the WNM master builder- looks fantastic in my view. Cheers

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2019, 09:54:04 PM »
It is so ugly that is beautifull.... yeah, I want one of these!!!
yeah. like bulldog... or a Persian cat. and i have a Persian cat, so i NEED one a these. #smallboss approves...

Will take me some time to get the money
given this plus the ace boxings, Halberstadt duelists, Paralyzer and the Lanc on the horizon (i do like large, ugly monsters)....

as for the next one?
i hope they calm down a bit and release things i'm not that keen on so i can catch up ><

Online RAGIII

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2019, 10:22:27 PM »
Pics up of the model built by the WNM master builder- looks fantastic in my view. Cheers

I went and looked at the photos and must say that this one is more tempting now than it was initially. In the end it just comes down to cost. Once I get the funds I can buy two CSM Nieuports that I want to build or the G1. Nieuports win for now  ::)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline PrzemoL

• Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2019, 06:20:48 PM »
Just wondering, Gotha G.I was announced for late April / early May. Well, late April is definitely gone, early May is coming to an end, too. Still no sign of the kit being released but the release moment must by round the corner, or am I too optimistic?  ;)

Offline AROTH

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2019, 02:15:01 PM »
Got an mail tonite that my G.I had been shipped...........

Offline Ryan

« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2019, 09:54:47 PM »
Me too, and now we wait.   ;D

Ryan
In Progress: 1/32 Albatross DV (Richthofen); 1/32 Morane Saulnier Type N; 1/32 Sopwith Pup
Upcoming: Not sure!

Offline PrzemoL

• Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2019, 10:17:06 PM »
Me, too. But the Post tracking system does not see the parcel yet.