Author Topic: WNW Gotha G1  (Read 10865 times)

Online RAGIII

WNW Gotha G1
« on: March 22, 2019, 11:00:53 AM »
So this will make many Happy and probably ruin one terrific modelers day: WNW has announced a Gotha G1 and a float version.

http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/product?productid=3198

http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/product?productid=3199

RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Re: WNW Gotha G1
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 11:16:13 AM »
It has to be said, the Gotha G.1 is a design that only a mother could love :)

That said, Wingnuts continues to surprise and amaze us with new kits that few would have expected. The world class quality is guaranteed of course but personally I'd be happier if they gave us more "compact" subjects- single seaters or 2 seaters, which are also more affordable for those of us who don't fare well with the US exchange rate.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline crouthaj

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 11:18:29 AM »
I bow down to the great airplane god and thanks him for Wingnut Wings....

Offline Ryan

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 11:20:41 AM »
Love them both, thanks Wingnut Wings!

Ryan
In Progress: 1/32 Albatross DV (Richthofen); 1/32 Morane Saulnier Type N; 1/32 Sopwith Pup
Upcoming: Not sure!

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 11:23:03 AM »
Great news.  I think "guitarlute101" (Mark) deserves credit for his inspirational scratch build of the G.I.  I do not have his skills and am greatful to WNW.

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 11:30:39 AM »
The rarity and ugliness of UWD make it very much tempting. I begin to see me ordering one...
What  a surprise and it seems that no one was thinking of 10th anniversary of WNW. It is a blessing to have them around us.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Online RAGIII

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2019, 11:35:05 AM »
It has to be said, the Gotha G.1 is a design that only a mother could love :)

That said, Wingnuts continues to surprise and amaze us with new kits that few would have expected. The world class quality is guaranteed of course but personally I'd be happier if they gave us more "compact" subjects- single seaters or 2 seaters, which are also more affordable for those of us who don't fare well with the US exchange rate.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

In my part of the US it is Only a Mother Could Love On Pay Day  8) That being said I agree about the price. Everything is relative no matter the exchange rate and $200.00 kits are a bit out of my range...especially now that I have retired and am about to live on Social Security  :o
Still a nice pair of unexpected releases for many!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2019, 11:49:55 AM »
Thanks to RAG III we appear to be the first forum to upload news of the new Wingnuts Gotha releases.

Many thanks Rick, your prompt posting is really appreciated. ( That weird floatplane version is really quirky and I'm finding it hard to resist!)

cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline James

WNW Gotha G1
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2019, 12:01:35 PM »
Oh my god! Utter shock & disbelief. This is heaven. Talk about coming out of left field. These are two really cool airplanes, I want both, so must convince the wife.   
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline aliluke

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2019, 12:25:18 PM »
Just when I promised myself no more adds to the stash along comes two of the wildest must have planes...One at least is heading my way for sure - wheels or floats?  :-\

Cheers
Alistair

It ain't a hobby if you have to hurry.

Offline Rob_Owens

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2019, 12:26:55 PM »
Gotha G's as in Geez, who would want one? or Geez, where would I put it? UWD gots ta be "Ugly Water Duck"

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2019, 12:31:00 PM »
Of all the designs of WWI, this was one that I said to myself several years back: No way WNW will do this aircraft.  Too ungainly and ugly.  Oh well...
Honor Necessity

Offline AROTH

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2019, 12:40:51 PM »
Ugly or not........I humbly and most graciously accept anything they decide to release.......at least once, and then, sometimes more than once.   ::)

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2019, 12:51:25 PM »
Maybe it's the ugliness, but this is one I really want.  I've been waiting for Lone Star Models to release one in 1/48 scale for years.  Now this.  I'm so ready.  I will find the space.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline krow113

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2019, 02:05:47 PM »
Just send me the float sprues and another G IV.....