Author Topic: Welcome to the Des Delatorre International Memorial Group Build board  (Read 7720 times)

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Welcome to the Des Delatorre International Memorial Group Build board. This is where entrants in our GB honouring our late Forum founder Des Delatorre can post progress and completed photos of your WW1 model entries.

The GB is now under way. Registrations via a PM to David Wilson close on March 2 and the group build will end on August 2 this year, giving participants a six months’ build timeframe.

The full list of rules, prizes and judges can be found in the special GB post on What's New.

Good luck to all entrants!

Dave Wilson
Forum Administrator
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 03:39:13 PM by Dave W »
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline ebergerud

I am very sad to hear about Des. I first logged on to this site about eight or nine years ago. It was not as elaborate as it is now, but Des had already posted some of his brilliant tutorial pieces. I had an Academy 1/32 Camel and contacted him about some basic matters. He was tremendously helpful - even told me that I had stumbled onto a pretty decent introductory biplane. I finished the kit - had a fine time - and got very good result considering my lack of skill. Des thought my model was great, or showed promise, or looked like a Camel: he always managed to comment with a smile. For what it's worth, I consider this one of the great modeling boards on the planet. It's a little bit like Model Warship - which attracts superior modelers (maybe rigging acts to keep the impatient away?) - but with a bigger smile.
Never built more bipes. I think I got a little errant by taking up both ships and armor. But wouldn't you know, I've got two WNW kits, an Academy Nieuport, a Special Hobby Morane, a Roden "Lawrence" armored car, and a couple of tanks and do have an itch. I hope to join the good people here soon.
Eric Bergerud, Berkeley CA