Author Topic: 1/32 Gotha G.I Scratchbuild  (Read 15618 times)

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
Re: 1/32 Gotha G.I Scratchbuild
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2019, 12:31:57 AM »
Glad you are moving on with this beauty, I know WNW had this in the works for a while, but credit your inspirational build with having them release this model.

guitarlute101

« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2019, 02:17:26 AM »
Thanks everyone!

I've been putting some thought into my build now and I think I'll be amending it a little.

I will definitely be building the WnW Gotha G.I, I am so impressed that they have released it for everyone to enjoy! Just so I don't have an overlapping build I will be changing mine slightly to model the 1st incarnation of the G.I called the "Friedel-Ursinus Type FU". This way I can have the Friedel and the G.I in my collection.

WnWs release of the Gotha G.I is perfect timing for the stage that I am at in my build as I can easily convert it to the FU without much modification at this point in my build. I am very pleased with how accurate I was able to make the center cockpit area in comparison to the WnW kit and instructions but the FU version had a few variations.

The FU had a different cockpit covering, engines, tail and wings than the G.I.

The cockpit covering was a simpler design and there were a few redesigns along the way.

One particular variation is the engines. The first version had the radiator in the engine nacelle and the nacelle was a little "boxy"

I'm going to go with the second version with exposed engines and Hazlet radiators so I can really detail them up.

Onward and upward!

Thanks so much for looking in and the encouragement!

Mark

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2019, 05:58:13 AM »
With exposed engines and radiators that is going to be quite a challenge - and quite a model when finished!

Stephen.

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2019, 07:39:11 AM »
Hello, Mark,

Congratulations on your project to date. Excellent work that puts me so far into the shade that I need a spotlight at high noon! Best of luck to you as you move on with this most enjoyable build: your enjoyment to build and our enjoyment to watch how you do it.  8)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 10:16:22 PM by Trackpad »
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2019, 04:28:02 PM »
It's a courageous decision to increase the challenge of this build with so many additional details. On what you already made I'm sure it will be something really special. Great choice!
Ciao
Giuseppe

Online RAGIII

« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2019, 04:27:22 AM »
Excellent idea! Your skills are sure to pull off a winner!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

guitarlute101

« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2019, 07:10:10 AM »
Thanks everyone,   

I've spent a few days looking at the Ursinus and am still not quite sure about how the control lines for the flying surfaces are arranged for it. 

I think I will be putting the build in a short holding pattern for now with the hopes that Windsock will release a "Gotha at War" volume that has more pictures or even better, detailed scale drawings! If nothing pops up in that department soon then I'll just continue the build the best I can.

More soon,
Mark
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 09:33:00 AM by guitarlute101 »

Offline Lozenge

• Build models or make war...
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2019, 04:17:20 PM »
Hy Mark, great work you do. If you are going to paint the switches in brass, I can just say: Do use one of the Citardel colours with their fine metallic pigmentation... it's the finest without spraying in a deco acryl metal.

Great work you do! Thanks for sharing your results from your hobbyrooms silentium.
"Well, how'd you do, Private William McBride?
Do you mind if I sit here down by your graveside?"
Eric Bogle - "No man's land"

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2019, 09:57:58 PM »
How goes the battle on this one ?

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .