Author Topic: Wingnut Wings 1:32 Roland C.IIa (Early) Feldflieger-Abteilung (A)292b  (Read 29936 times)

Offline Pgtaylorart

Re: Wingnut Wings 1:32 Roland C.IIa (Early) Feldflieger-Abteilung (A)292b
« Reply #210 on: December 14, 2015, 02:02:31 AM »
I'm wondering about your deadline. (Maybe I missed this in your thread) Is this something you set up for yourself? Is there a show? You seem to be a pretty fast and prolific builder. I'm curious if you set up deadlines to motivate yourself to actually finish your builds so you don't have a number of unfinished kits on a shelf. Or is there another reason?

George

Offline Umlaufmotor

« Reply #211 on: December 14, 2015, 02:16:59 AM »
LOVE IT!!!!!

Offline FarEast

« Reply #212 on: December 15, 2015, 10:50:11 AM »
Thank you all to those that have followed and offered help, support and most of all encouragement throughout the build, the motivation I gained from you taking the time to post even the smallest of comments made a difference in my mindset that I can't possibly explain but it made me push my limits and develop my skills - peer pressure is a wonderful motivator when used for the positive.

I have really enjoyed the experience of working on this unique aircraft, taking the plunge and working on something outside of the box (pun intended) is something I encourage  you all to do., take a deep breath and just keep placing one foot in front of the other and enjoy the process.

It's Tuesday morning and I'm still mentally and physically exhausted but sad as I feel I'm missing something from my life now I no longer need to keep  thinking about the build and the next step or process I need to achieve...... I guess I need to start looking for my next project!

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #213 on: December 15, 2015, 11:50:56 AM »
Gotha next? Or join me with the Albatros B.II. It'd be a great motivator for me to speed along at your pace!

George

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #214 on: December 15, 2015, 01:56:34 PM »
Truly remarkable work, James!  The Roland, in and of itself, is a masterpiece and set within such a clever and well executed diorama, even more so.  I agree with Bertl. LOVE IT!!!!!

Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline FarEast

« Reply #215 on: December 15, 2015, 02:52:14 PM »
Gotha next? Or join me with the Albatros B.II. It'd be a great motivator for me to speed along at your pace!

George

Goth, Albatros B.II or the Ninka! I have a rule where I tend to alternate between the Warring powers Snipe, Then Albatros that stalled and finished the Fokker, then the DH.2 and then the Roland...... I guess being a big boy the Goth wouldn't count. The B.II is calling out to me though, as is the Ninka.

Maybe a vote is in order??????

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #216 on: December 15, 2015, 04:44:36 PM »

George

Goth, Albatros B.II or the Ninka! I have a rule where I tend to alternate between the Warring powers Snipe, Then Albatros that stalled and finished the Fokker, then the DH.2 and then the Roland...... I guess being a big boy the Goth wouldn't count. The B.II is calling out to me though, as is the Ninka.

Maybe a vote is in order??????

Yeah, create a poll. I think you know my vote. (I don't want to be in this alone! :o ;D )

G

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #217 on: December 16, 2015, 12:17:33 AM »
   Beautiful model James, you really have done a magnificent job on her. It's been an enjoyable and very informative experience following this Build. I vote for the Gotha next, I haven't yet popped for that one but may only need a little bit more encouragement, before it joins the list of "no longer availables"!
Nice work, just lovely start to finish!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline jknaus

« Reply #218 on: December 16, 2015, 12:21:05 AM »
I dont know what I can add to previous comments. An exceptional build and as has been said LOVE IT :) :)
James

Offline Rob

« Reply #219 on: December 16, 2015, 10:32:05 AM »
Great job James,
Not only is it a stunning model, but, as usual, your WIP provides a wealth of info and building tips for the rest of us. I look forward to your next project ( I'll throw in a vote for the Albatros B II as well-it's next on my list :) )

v/r,
Rob

Offline iwik

« Reply #220 on: December 17, 2015, 05:57:59 PM »
Hi!
Excellent!
The build is just awesome and the scene is great too!
And I'm not mentionning the handmade camo! Just splendid!
Congrats!
On to the next one!
Ciao
IWik