Author Topic: Yet another WnW F.E.2b.  (Read 8430 times)

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: Yet another WnW F.E.2b.
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2012, 04:25:03 PM »
What you have achieved so far is looking very good. We all, at some stage, experience problems with rigging, it can be a real headache sometimes, but perseverance and patience pays off in the long run, stick with it and take your time.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2012, 10:54:56 PM »
When I look at your first rigging job and compare it to this one, I see huge strides in what you've accomplished in such a short period of time. As frustrating as it can be at times, you're well on your way to mastering it. Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline N.C.S.E

« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2012, 08:16:49 PM »
Alright, after  a bit of a break from the model, I'm working on it again, a bit more rigging and more work on the tail section, lots of touchups needed still, they just seem to keep going up.

The years to come seem waste of breathe, a waste of breathe on balance with this life, this death. - W.M.Yeates

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2012, 10:36:26 PM »
She's coming together very nicely NC.

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2012, 11:55:24 PM »
  NCSE,
Great progress my young friend. Fantastic work on her rigging not to mention excellent paint and detailing too. Keep up the great works.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2012, 12:48:10 AM »
She's looking great, NC.  Your best yet.  I look forward to seeing more.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2012, 01:33:53 AM »
I've been looking at my kit with great trepidation so I tip my hat to you for having the intestinal fortitude to build this model so early into your model building career. Kudos to you!

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2012, 10:56:59 AM »
This looks excellent. You have chosen a bird that is a very complicated subject and you have succeeded in making it look great. Well done!!! You have the ability to stick with a project. That shows patience and perseverence- something that is to be admired!!!

Steve

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2012, 11:38:09 AM »
Hey NC, nicely done indeed. I still can't see myself tackling this one and I've been modelling on and off for well over 50 years! Keep at it, you have a beautiful model going here. And BTW, the "touching up and adjustments" never end; in this case you are showing not only constructive self criticism but the resolve to continually get it as good as you can.
"You got Game, Sir"!!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Pete Nottingham

• I chose the wrong week to stop sniffing glue
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2012, 01:09:10 AM »
Hi NC, looking at your FE, which is looking superb, excellent job, I can't see any future model that you build will present you with any real problems at all, I hope you will stay with WWI biplanes.

Cheers

Pete.

Offline NinetythirdLiberator

« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2012, 04:36:26 AM »
Wowzers, NC!  Everytime I see your subject (...Yet another...) it makes me laugh.  Can't get enough Fe-2s!

Excellent job.  I think that's the scheme I'm going to do with mine so yours is great inspiration.

Dan

Offline Dal Gavan

« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2012, 01:12:49 PM »
That's a good scheme you chose, NCSE.  How you FEE builders are able to get the rigging looking good is beyond me.  Keep up the good work, mate.

Dal.