Author Topic: New Group Build starting soon.  (Read 4509 times)

Offline FokkerFodder

Re: New Group Build starting soon.
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2016, 06:31:38 PM »
I'll join in - my first ever group build.  Should be fun and will motivate me to start a 'on the shelf idea'.

Cheers
FF

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2016, 01:53:51 AM »
Put me down as a tentative maybe.  I always enjoy the GBs on this forum, so I'll probably join in just for the sheer joy of participation.  So far, all I've managed in the way of a diorama is a grass mat with a model plunked down in the middle of it.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Doug Mace

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2016, 02:12:54 AM »
Put me down as a tentative maybe.  I always enjoy the GBs on this forum, so I'll probably join in just for the sheer joy of participation.  So far, all I've managed in the way of a diorama is a grass mat with a model plunked down in the middle of it.
Cheers,
Bud.              Well, Bud, despite my grandest intentions, I ain't even got that far.....best laid plans and  all that
.        .....so, thanks for the impetus to try again, Des....sign me up.           -M
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde

Offline Weebeasty32454

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2016, 02:28:04 AM »
I'll give it a try.  I have few things that would be fun to do.

Offline Monty

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2016, 11:02:38 PM »
I found this by chance in the stash and thought it might do for inspiration (on the basis: if there are no pictures it didn't really happen) and it is a delightful, but fairly old production: based on a James Dietz painting:

Beautiful moulding and still available. I'm not sure if my figure painting skills are up to this one....

Regards,

Marc

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2016, 02:50:41 AM »
I don't do figures, nor have I ever done a diorama but I can still see an opportunity to participate, albeit with a very small Diorama which is nothing more then an enhanced and more elaborate display base. It's all about participating in the group effort with an individual contribution, and in this format everyone has something they could offer. I think it's a brilliant theme!
Cheers,
Lance

I am like Lance. I have been meaning to add figures to the Ago which I submitted to the Floatplane GB last year and have still not done so. I will build another model instead and this time I will add some figures…. and the base will be very simple indeed.

I'm in. It is the taking part that counts: not the winning.

Stephen.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2016, 05:16:43 AM »
Monty,
   "based on a James Dietz painting:"

Great looking figure. I love Dietz's work, he really catches the atmosphere of his scenes. I have his "Final Analysis" Hanging above me as I type this, the only subject in my den without an aircraft featured. This plan of yours has a lot of great potential, I'll be following your progress with lots of interest and anticipation! :)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline stefanbuss

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2016, 04:20:02 PM »
Beautiful moulding and still available.

Still available? Where, please?

Offline FokkerFodder

« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2016, 10:23:02 PM »
They do the other figure with the Lewis as well.... Search 'time machine miniatures' and you can find their site.

Cheers
FF

Offline stefanbuss

« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2016, 11:38:52 PM »
FokkerFodder,

thanks. Found it.

S.

Offline Adam

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2016, 08:16:21 PM »
Des, I would like to take part in the GB.
But, I have almost ready model Fokker D-VII from WNW. It is presented here.
http://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=4540.0
My Polish colleagues, when they saw my model, advised me not to install covers of the engine, because it looks very nice.
I decided to make a diorama before appeared here proposition of the GB. It will be my first diorama.
I already have some parts purchased, among other things, I have known here Aviattics figurines and WW1 German cart from fuel . Some things such as. ladders, I'm going to to do it myself.
Des I have a question, whether with almost finished model can take part in GB?

Adam.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2016, 09:24:58 PM »
No problems at all Adam, you are quite welcome to join the GB with your model, looking forward to seeing your diorama.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Adam

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2016, 11:05:57 PM »
No problems at all Adam, you are quite welcome to join the GB with your model, looking forward to seeing your diorama.

Des.

;D Thanks. I join to the GB.

Adam.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2016, 08:36:12 AM »
Adam, your name has been added to the list of starters, welcome aboard.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2016, 09:35:23 AM »
Unless I missed reading , is there a time line figured yet ? This just might be the motivation I need for a WW 1 build and maybe base this on a figure this time round ...

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .