Author Topic: WNW: how many kits do they have left?  (Read 48572 times)

Offline Ian from Doncaster

Re: WNW: how many kits do they have left?
« Reply #285 on: August 29, 2020, 05:37:01 AM »
In some respects it doesn’t matter how many kits WN may have mothballed, if we can’t get access to them.

Some things just don’t last.  I was gutted when The Undertones split up before I was old enough to go see them live, but I’ve got the records..

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #286 on: August 29, 2020, 09:27:29 AM »

That made me choke on my Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster!! ;) ;D

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #287 on: August 29, 2020, 10:04:55 AM »
Thank you guys for chiming in too my question .

I can respect that  8)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Nigrivender

• Do wrong and it will be good
« Reply #288 on: August 29, 2020, 05:41:51 PM »

Hello,
I did not want to offend anyone with my speech. My point is that nowadays what I see is a growing reluctance of young people towards modeling. This hobby is replaced by electronics. Maybe the reason is also the time running out faster and the lack of patience. What does not work quickly is lost. Modeling companies try to cope with it so that the effects are fast and satisfactory - 2 or even 3 component injections, assembly without glue and immediately painted. The Japanese don't count to the rest of the world, they have a deeply rooted motivation for very strange hobbies that are very much respected by society.
I wrote about the disappearance of modeling on the basis of what is happening in Poland. I ran model common room in 2 cities, but unfortunately they were closed due to lack of interest. The same thing happens with model stores, but here I understand the power of the Internet. I have lived in large cities (Poznań, Bydgoszcz, Szczecin) and currently I live in Łódź. Here, too, I see the disappearance of not only reduction but also RC modeling.

Coming back to the main story, I found it very interesting at first. The information on where to get the coveted WnW set was very helpful, but that slowly disappeared. It would be nice if there was a thread about the availability of models in a given store without many hours of searching very familiar and lesser stores. It was thanks to this thread that I got 2 sets from MBK, where I never really bought myself, the domestic market was enough for me.
Soon I will show the work interrupted with Morane. I decided to finish other projects with 1:35 first - too much on my head is very unhealthy (at least for me).
So good luck to you all.
Best regards.
If something can't be repaired it means it's not broken

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #289 on: August 29, 2020, 11:35:46 PM »

That made me choke on my Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster!! ;) ;D

Andrew

;D ;D

That might even give Marvin the manically depressed robot a giggle
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline Dave J

« Reply #290 on: September 01, 2020, 02:03:13 PM »
Dave Johnson
Wellington, New Zealand

Former Wingnut Wings Dungeon Master, Sales & Logistics Manager

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #291 on: September 01, 2020, 05:50:06 PM »
Deep thought

Offline Ringleheim

« Reply #292 on: September 05, 2020, 03:09:31 AM »
Deep thought

After a lengthy period of no activity at WNW in NZ, they started mailing out all those back orders that had been ordered prior to the shutdown, and things seemed to be moving forward again.

Then we heard of the apparent deal with Meng to sell the Dreidecker. 

I really thought the website would open up for sales by now, if it was going to. 

I'm curious if people think the WNW website will ever go active again, or if it's over.

Offline ThePenguin

« Reply #293 on: September 05, 2020, 05:08:33 AM »
Deep thought

After a lengthy period of no activity at WNW in NZ, they started mailing out all those back orders that had been ordered prior to the shutdown, and things seemed to be moving forward again.

I really thought the website would open up for sales by now, if it was going to. 

I'm curious if people think the WNW website will ever go active again, or if it's over.

I sent them another email to see if I could get an update on that, and unsurprisingly received the same canned response in return that we have had for months.Whatever they're planning or not planning we're simply not privy to at this time. We could speculate, but in the end unless someone is close enough to actually know gives out hints we're just shooting in the dark.

Offline ermeio

« Reply #294 on: September 05, 2020, 07:09:41 AM »
do we have some agent in NZ? near there, I mean? no google cam in realtime there?

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #295 on: September 05, 2020, 11:07:02 AM »
i got 2 USAS Camels from Weta yesterday. only problem, one box was crushed, and wet. inside box was also crushed. however the good news, the sprues are ok it looks like the decals are OK too, but this one's meant to be a different Clerget Camel not USAS.

i don't know whether it got crushed and wet on the NZ end or the TH end, but generally both postal services have been rock solid. i think it's just an unlucky rare event.

that said i get the impression that Weta were generally overwhelmed by the WNW crush and the remaining kits won't be sold through there. the ones they just sold off were their own inventory not WNW, i'm pretty sure of that.

I had an order on a Clerget Camel from Weta. Chased it up after weeks. Situation: No Clerget Camel. I didn’t bid on any EBay Clerget’s expecting it to come through of course. The joys of ordering and having money tied up for something that doesn’t materialise.  ::)

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #296 on: September 05, 2020, 11:13:44 AM »
Deep thought

I sent them another email to see if I could get an update on that, and unsurprisingly received the same canned response in return that we have had for months.Whatever they're planning or not planning we're simply not privy to at this time. We could speculate, but in the end unless someone is close enough to actually know gives out hints we're just shooting in the dark.

As mentioned they probably won’t start up until NZ postal service is fully operational. They would also need to re staff. It’s just a waiting game now. We need Ant Man to get in there for some intel.

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #297 on: September 05, 2020, 11:17:05 AM »
I was looking at the WNW site last night- this is such a great resource. I’ll have to get a copy of the hints and tips section for future reference especially instruction correction.

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #298 on: September 07, 2020, 08:32:09 PM »
i got 2 USAS Camels from Weta yesterday. only problem, one box was crushed, and wet. inside box was also crushed. however the good news, the sprues are ok it looks like the decals are OK too, but this one's meant to be a different Clerget Camel not USAS.

i don't know whether it got crushed and wet on the NZ end or the TH end, but generally both postal services have been rock solid. i think it's just an unlucky rare event.

that said i get the impression that Weta were generally overwhelmed by the WNW crush and the remaining kits won't be sold through there. the ones they just sold off were their own inventory not WNW, i'm pretty sure of that.

I had an order on a Clerget Camel from Weta. Chased it up after weeks. Situation: No Clerget Camel. I didn’t bid on any EBay Clerget’s expecting it to come through of course. The joys of ordering and having money tied up for something that doesn’t materialise.  ::)

Update: Weta emailed, no Clerget or any other kits available at Weta now :'(

Offline Radarman

« Reply #299 on: September 07, 2020, 11:43:37 PM »
I received a package from New Zealand in the post on Saturday. Weta came through with a Salmson 2-A2b"USAS"
This is probably the last Wingnut Wings kit I'll add to my stash, I good with that.

Kevin
We are all victims of history!