Author Topic: WNW: how many kits do they have left?  (Read 48317 times)

Offline Pup7309

Re: WNW: how many kits do they have left?
« Reply #300 on: September 08, 2020, 06:16:36 PM »
I received a package from New Zealand in the post on Saturday. Weta came through with a Salmson 2-A2b"USAS"
This is probably the last Wingnut Wings kit I'll add to my stash, I good with that.

Kevin
The Salmson is really nice, interesting schemes. I’ve developed a new appreciation of WNWs 2 seaters since the closure and we might not see them kitted again.
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #301 on: October 02, 2020, 08:41:34 AM »
I noticed a post on LSP about Taube possibly being re-popped by a Chinese company. If it was like the Meng situation I’d be interested in getting a cheaper than EBay WNW Taube.

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #302 on: October 02, 2020, 08:42:44 AM »
Sorry just noticed there’s another thread - please ignore ::)

Offline Ringleheim

« Reply #303 on: October 14, 2020, 02:24:30 AM »
So I just went to WNW'w website, clicked on the price for a "currently available" kit, expecting to see the "Sorry, we aren't taking orders because COVID 19" page....and instead got a computer generated warning saying the page can't be found.

I'm no computer expert.  But it's like the link to the "we aren't taking orders" page is now gone.

This seems to be a move backward, not forward. 

It also lends a little support to my theory that the warehouse in NZ is never going to open up again with new sales, at least not through the WNW website.   

I think they're done.

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #304 on: October 14, 2020, 03:22:40 AM »
i, too, think they're done, but i saw your post and tried the site. it worked ok for me.

Offline fruibal

« Reply #305 on: October 14, 2020, 09:01:14 AM »
Still getting the page with the COVID-19 warning, and I don't see the point having to answer to customers with that lie when they are already done... And if they ever resell whatever is left thru another distributor, chances are slim to buying one, I'm saying  that after experiencing the Andy's HQ Online Sales Fiasco, the first two seconds of opening sales to the public, all the inventory was gone
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 09:08:35 AM by fruibal »

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #306 on: October 18, 2020, 04:11:46 PM »
Still getting the page with the COVID-19 warning, and I don't see the point having to answer to customers with that lie when they are already done... And if they ever resell whatever is left thru another distributor, chances are slim to buying one, I'm saying  that after experiencing the Andy's HQ Online Sales Fiasco, the first two seconds of opening sales to the public, all the inventory was gone

Agree about the Covid furphy. I hope the Andy’s thing isn’t repeated.

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #307 on: October 18, 2020, 05:26:43 PM »
i expect that even if they reopen their own e-shop the bloodbath will look a lot like the Andy's Massacre. or maybe a little slower, like the MBK Massacre.

i don't need any more WNW but for some reason i can't stop watching...

Offline mgunns

« Reply #308 on: October 19, 2020, 12:34:39 PM »
i expect that even if they reopen their own e-shop the bloodbath will look a lot like the Andy's Massacre. or maybe a little slower, like the MBK Massacre.

I'm with you on that Jeff, I can't stop watching and buying.  A lot of people are up at the crack of dawn waiting for Andy's to get the shipment freed up from Halifax.  It's a first come first served deal.  You almost have to do a buy it now as in your cart doesn't guarantee a sale.
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #309 on: October 19, 2020, 12:56:37 PM »

MBK was the Andy’s massacre in slo mo, except popular kits- same deal! I don’t think the WNW warehouse could handle the shock and awe that would follow re-opening.  I was hoping a local store would get a shipment so I could nab a Taube and a few extra. I’ll keep dreaming. Seems like whoever gets the last will experience a feeding frenzy. Makes you wonder if Sir PJ isn’t having second thoughts. Hobby stores did well during lockdowns so that was a bad call. Closed due to Covid- what a load of crap ;D
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 10:32:58 PM by Pup7309 »

Online macsporran

« Reply #310 on: October 19, 2020, 05:25:46 PM »
I'd imagine PJ by now will just want as much distance as possible between himself and the ruins of Wingnuts. Been there, done that: move on.
 I had harboured a residual hope that he might have taken pity on us Wingnutters and allowed others to produce kits from the existing moulds but, given the negativity and stupid petty criticisms of the Dr.I plastic from Meng (mostly on Facebook), I think that now extremely unlikely.

Rather than stoke any more flames with a frenzied sell-off of any remaining kits, there is perhaps more likely to be a small plasticky conflagration on a bonfire behind the WNW warehouse in NZ!
(hee-hee-hee, running for cover from the apoplectic reactions from any of the optimists hoping for a resurrection from the ashes!😃)
Sandy
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 07:12:38 PM by macsporran »

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #311 on: October 19, 2020, 10:33:31 PM »
Then there’s that too...

Offline mgunns

« Reply #312 on: October 21, 2020, 07:55:48 AM »
I'd imagine PJ by now will just want as much distance as possible between himself and the ruins of Wingnuts. Been there, done that: move on.
 I had harboured a residual hope that he might have taken pity on us Wingnutters and allowed others to produce kits from the existing moulds but, given the negativity and stupid petty criticisms of the Dr.I plastic from Meng (mostly on Facebook), I think that now extremely unlikely.

Rather than stoke any more flames with a frenzied sell-off of any remaining kits, there is perhaps more likely to be a small plasticky conflagration on a bonfire behind the WNW warehouse in NZ!
(hee-hee-hee, running for cover from the apoplectic reactions from any of the optimists hoping for a resurrection from the ashes!😃)
Sandy

It's those same nay bob's of negativity and the mindless spewers of prattle on FB and elsewhere, slamming the Meng DR. I, that by their stupidity will ensure that Meng will never release or spend the time on another WWI Kit; who will bemoan the lack of new plastic in 1/32nd WWI Kits.
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Ringleheim

« Reply #313 on: October 24, 2020, 01:51:58 AM »
I think Meng will pay more attention to sales of the Fokker DR.I than they will some twit bitching about a model kit on Facebook.

If they sell well and it is financially viable for Meng to pop another WNW kit, and if they can work out the agreement to do so with someone representing the former WNW, they will do it.

If the kits sell poorly, they'll move on.

There is an utter explosion in modeling going on right now with many new, quality companies entering the market.  Most are from China, and they are almost exclusively focusing on 1/35 military/armor subjects.

I think the model industry has determined there isn't a lot of money to be made making 1/32 scale aircraft. 

If there was, all these new companies would be making 1/32 airplanes and not 1/35 tanks.

If your modeling passion is 1/32 WWI aircraft, that's a tough pill to swallow, but there it is.

Offline gcn

« Reply #314 on: October 27, 2020, 10:53:50 PM »
for those that are interested a camel and fokker e.ii have just popped up on MBK