Author Topic: WNW: how many kits do they have left?  (Read 48592 times)

Offline Fokkerfighter

Re: WNW: how many kits do they have left?
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2020, 07:33:04 AM »
My thought, and hope is that at some point the WNW kits already boxed and ready for sale will be released for sale. I would like just a couple more to round out my stash.

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2020, 05:19:14 PM »
Would have been a better investment buying a cutting machine! :)
attraction seems to be Seven Swabians. i don't care about it, but if i had to do it i'd make a decal. draw it in Photoshop, start by tracing from photo of real thing (using Bezier curves) then compensate for distortion. figures look cartoony in the photo but rabbit looks painterly.

then print it on decal paper.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2020, 08:29:38 PM »
The same scenario happened with Weta Polystone statues from the Lord of the Rings franchise. To give you an idea, the Balrog and the Cave Troll statues both cost $300 new and were limited editions of (i think) 1000. Both were selling for over a £1000 on eBay around the time the 'Return of the King' was released. The same thing is happening with Wingnut kits. If people are prepared to pay the money people will continue to put them out there to be sold. Market forces at play.

I have enough plastic to last me until I'm pushing up daisies, so I'm not about to blow a large chunk of dosh on a kit that will ultimately sit in the stash collecting dust.

Goodbye WNW. You gave us 10 glorious years and I cannot thank you enough. Cheers!

Von B  ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2020, 09:47:10 PM »
I have enough plastic to last me until I'm pushing up daisies, so I'm not about to blow a large chunk of dosh on a kit that will ultimately sit in the stash collecting dust.

Goodbye WNW. You gave us 10 glorious years and I cannot thank you enough. Cheers!

Von B  ;)
what he said. over US$100 for the OAW D.VII sprue? nope.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2020, 11:27:23 PM »
    Quote from "von Sooth Sayer" .....

"I have enough plastic to last me until I'm pushing up daisies, so I'm not about to blow a large chunk of dosh on a kit that will ultimately sit in the stash collecting dust.

Goodbye WNW. You gave us 10 glorious years and I cannot thank you enough. Cheers!"

Well said and truth be known von B you are not alone, and I'd bet representative of a very large portion of our little club! The ten years you reference so well are just part of the joy, there's enough stashed and hoarded (and I believe prices will come down over time !) to last a good long time.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline macsporran

« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2020, 01:15:22 AM »
Not just the kits bringing crazy money, or even just WnW. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203000323864?fbclid=IwAR2Xn0PZz3nkywm1dJVeiiM67dKKfsosbI9sIoOvRST8yDFpRu0DV0oHAfA

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cutting-Edge-1-32-The-Barons-Tripes-Fokker-Dr-I-Part-1-Decals/303578445515?hash=item46aeaf76cb:g:HpYAAOSw5ztezFhC

Those two sets of decals always bring crazy prices on eBay

$291 USD final bid for the WNW sheet - stunning....

Sheesh! Well I've got a brand new untouched WNW Seven Swabians decal sheet, which I intended building but if there are people out there willing to pay that sort of money....
The one kit I'm missing is the Roland DVIb with the Benz engine: if anybody is daft enough to offer to swap me one for the decal sheet, I'll bite their hand off!!!

Offline Doug Mace

« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2020, 02:45:37 AM »
    Quote from "von Sooth Sayer" .....

"I have enough plastic to last me until I'm pushing up daisies, so I'm not about to blow a large chunk of dosh on a kit that will ultimately sit in the stash collecting dust.

Goodbye WNW. You gave us 10 glorious years and I cannot thank you enough. Cheers!"

Well said and truth be known von B you are not alone, and I'd bet representative of a very large portion of our little club! The ten years you reference so well are just part of the joy, there's enough stashed and hoarded (and I believe prices will come down over time !) to last a good long time.
Cheers,
Lance
    Ditto and ditto.
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde

Offline fruibal

« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2020, 05:38:09 AM »

Outrageously the bidding for the GothaG.IV is going up and up!!! Let's see how much higher it goes!!!

WINGNUT WINGS GOTHA G.IV 1:32 SCALE HIGH QUALITY MODEL AIRPLANE KIT
     1 product rating
Condition:New
Time left:Time left:1 day 7 hours Wednesday, 19:58
Current bid:US $650.00
[ 20 bids ]

Offline Ringleheim

« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2020, 07:23:30 AM »

Outrageously the bidding for the GothaG.IV is going up and up!!! Let's see how much higher it goes!!!

WINGNUT WINGS GOTHA G.IV 1:32 SCALE HIGH QUALITY MODEL AIRPLANE KIT
     1 product rating
Condition:New
Time left:Time left:1 day 7 hours Wednesday, 19:58
Current bid:US $650.00
[ 20 bids ]

I just saw this too.  I also noticed that folks are listing the Felixstowes at like $600 and more!

I can sort of understand why the Gothas are getting the money; not many bought them, they probably didn't make many, and I think there is general interest in that kit.

But the Felixstowes?  I think they are just too big to display and demand for those has always been low.  They have been available for cheaper than retail for a long time.

Once this madness settles, I think the Felixstowes will go back to somewhat normal prices.

I have a Gotha in the stash!  Sell now for $650?  OR later?  What if they go up to $1,000!  What if they go back to normal when someone buys the molds and makes them available for retail price?

???

Offline Dave J

« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2020, 09:58:58 AM »
All I can say is if you have something that you can sell now and make a few extra $$$ off it. Do it! Once and if WNW reopen the website to clear the stocks that are remaining its going to flood the market and everyone will be trying to make money off it.

Yeah, there are some crazy prices at the moment...
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 10:15:00 AM by Dave J »
Dave Johnson
Wellington, New Zealand

Former Wingnut Wings Dungeon Master, Sales & Logistics Manager

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2020, 04:21:04 PM »
The crazy prices continue I notice...
Apparently orders placed before full shutdown are being shipped. This is good news for those people. Whether this indicates a general opening to ordering by retailers or individuals? We’ll have to keep watching that space...
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline RichieW

« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2020, 11:10:13 PM »
I watched an SE5a auction on Ebay. It sold today for £295!

When I first started WW1 modelling late last year I wasn't prepared to pay £120 they were selling for.

There's a Ship's Camel up for £200, sheer madness. Glad I bought mine for nearly a third of the price in February.

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2020, 09:14:37 AM »
There’s about 6 I still want including a Ships Camel but there is no way I’m dropping $500 (Se’s etc) to $1000 (Gothas) on a kit. But someone can obviously.  Hope this doesn’t influence the ‘fair price’ of the remaining stock too much!

Offline ThePenguin

« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2020, 12:46:41 PM »
This is the email I received about my back order, I have adjusted the names and tracking number, my order went in about April 12/13:

"Hi ThePenguin

Thank you for placing an order with us and for your patience.

We have a significant backlog of orders, but we’ve been working on shipping over the last few weeks and I’m please to report that your order is on it’s way.

Unfortunately our usual shipping supplier has proved slow and unreliable so we have made the decision to use Fedex.
Tracking details are as follows -

FEDEX - WINGNUT WINGS   # provided in email

All going well your order should be with you within a few days.

Thanks again for your patience. We hope you enjoy your kit!

WingNut Wings"

It was for the Junkers D.1. It should be here tomorrow according to Fedex (Southern CA), funnily enough Fedex 'ping'd' me on Friday about the upcoming delivery and I just got the email now from their accountant, so if you have an order that wasn't dispatched it could already be on the way.I don't know why they haven't been so forthcoming with updates like that? My suspicion is the communication, being in the hands of accounting it seems just don't have the same level of customer service we once had.

I suspect perhaps once they've caught up with the backlog they will update the website with what's left in stock before then selling the rest off as Dave says. People will be kicking themselves purchasing way over the price for anything that still shows in-stock or goes for sale at normal prices from their main site. I wonder if any distributors are getting any more?

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2020, 03:12:24 PM »
In theory suppliers could have put in orders before they closed orders. Maybe clearing backorders, it could affected their reputation if they said one thing then let too many people down?