Author Topic: Latest acquisition in your collection  (Read 366826 times)

Offline Zabu

Re: Latest acquisition in your collection
« Reply #315 on: July 07, 2013, 03:13:20 AM »
Wow Fred.

Heaven can't be that much better! ;D

Offline Fred

« Reply #316 on: July 07, 2013, 09:05:20 AM »
Quite a haul, Fred!  Your stash is starting to look like mine.  Just for future reference, you can pick up those Roden kits for about half the price here:
http://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagories/Model_Aircraft/browse.php?s=0&t=0&pg=1&ppp=48&sb=stocknumber&so=a&era=0,5&sc=48&man=ROD
Cheers,
Bud

Hi Bud

Great site, but unfortunately they don't deliver to Australia. Plus if you tack on shipping fees it wold probably double the price. Sometimes I see a kit I have to have on ebay which is located in the US and the shipping cost more than the kit. (I never buy)  >:(

I buy from a local wholesaler with the best prices I've seen here in Melbourne, plus his warehouse is 5 minutes from me ;D.

My next purchases will be orders of WnW models. There are 5 kits (all of them really) i would love to have. It's my birthday next month ;D YAY!! Plus they offer FREE delivery!! Love Peter Jackson!!

Cheers
Fred
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 09:07:13 AM by Fred Massimino »
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."
— Gen. James N. Mattis USMC

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #317 on: July 07, 2013, 10:58:21 AM »
The million dollar question - Would we pay $20 (on average) shipping on top of the current price of WNW kits?

Steve

Offline LindsayT

• "Somehow it didn't seem like war at all..."
« Reply #318 on: July 07, 2013, 03:18:21 PM »
Good point, Steve. I'm one cheap SOB, and I generally won't pay for a kit I want until I find it on sale or ebay for <$40 CAD, shipping in, if I can swing it. I wait for quite a while, but it acts as a pretty good stash inhibitor.

Would I pay (likely) $79 USD +$20 shipping for the Camel when it comes out? I don't know, but I'm guessing probably not until a lot of other things get done first. The way that my internal economy works, though, I'd probably pay ~$130 to maybe even $140 if it was a due lists kit. I just have to feel like I got a good deal.

<goes away and thinks>

No, I don't think I would immediately. It's much tougher to lose $20 on shipping than to be charged a hidden $25 on the kit.

Good question...<goes away scratching head>

Linday

Offline Hannover

« Reply #319 on: July 07, 2013, 06:46:31 PM »
Just received another WNW Albatros D.V that I got for just under £50.  That's WNW kit no31 added to he stash!!

P

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #320 on: July 07, 2013, 08:31:05 PM »
Good buy P, any Wingnuts kit for $50 is good. I have my eye on three Wingut kits on Australian ebay at the moment, will hold off placing a bid as there is still 5 days of the auction left.

Steve - A good question and one that will be difficult to answer. Wingnuts popularity for brilliant kits is a well known fact, but would they have been so popular if there was a $20+ postage charge added, the free worldwide postage is certainly a huge drawcard. Would I pay an extra $20+ for a kit, probably would, but it would mean I would buy less kits or buy them less frequently.

A note to Wingnuts - Bring on the AEG G.IV at a good price with free post please.

Des.

Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Fred

« Reply #321 on: July 07, 2013, 10:48:17 PM »
 :o WOO.. ;D OK I just went NUTZ and orderd 5, yes FIVE Wing Nut Wings Models!!  8)

Pfalz D IIIa
Albatros D.Va
Roland D.VIa
Fokker E.III
DH.9a NINAK

I couldn't wait for birthday in August. My gift to me  :D
Maybe I'll get a few more as a gift from my wife. Maybe  ;)
I'l post pics when they arrive.

Like a kid in a candy store I tells ya!!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 11:17:00 PM by Frettin Freddy »

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #322 on: July 08, 2013, 12:33:28 AM »
Would I pay (likely) $79 USD +$20 shipping for the Camel when it comes out?

Yup.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #323 on: July 08, 2013, 05:46:19 AM »
Would I pay (likely) $79 USD +$20 shipping for the Camel when it comes out?

Yup.

Cheers,

Chris

Me too......................  Given it takes me months to build one (Old age slowness exascerbated by what I hope is AMS) ::) the cost per hour of the R&R gained is a fine bargain!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Modelnut

« Reply #324 on: July 08, 2013, 09:13:43 AM »
My NEXT purchase will probably be a WNW Fokker DVII. 1/72 is getting more difficult for me to do. A welding mishap a few weeks ago has left me with no feeling in four fingertips on my left hand. Dealing with tee-tiny parts with that problem and the ole eyesight getting worse , I need to move up to 1/32 scale. 

Right now I'm working on a Roden 1/72 Brisfit and I'm spending as much time under my desk with a flashlight as I am topside! LOL! The average detail part in this kit is around 3mm in size and tough to keep track of.

I have built a Phalz DIII from WNW so it needs a hanger - mate.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #325 on: July 08, 2013, 12:09:36 PM »
My NEXT purchase will probably be a WNW Fokker DVII. 1/72 is getting more difficult for me to do. A welding mishap a few weeks ago has left me with no feeling in four fingertips on my left hand. Dealing with tee-tiny parts with that problem and the ole eyesight getting worse , I need to move up to 1/32 scale. 

Right now I'm working on a Roden 1/72 Brisfit and I'm spending as much time under my desk with a flashlight as I am topside! LOL! The average detail part in this kit is around 3mm in size and tough to keep track of.

I have built a Phalz DIII from WNW so it needs a hanger - mate.

Hey Modelnut,
   I made the switch (from 1:48 to 1:32) some 3-4 years back and believe it increased my enjoyment of the Hobby significantly. I have started developing arthritis in one hand and the eyesight is fast deteriorating. The larger Scale and an Optivisor have truly saved the day. Go for it and don't look back!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #326 on: July 09, 2013, 05:29:54 AM »
Just received my Aviattic DVII decals - Excellent product, perfect colours, beautiful printing on highly polished film. The research pamphlet is informative (with pictures of the handsome devils in charge on the front) A detailed users application sheet wraps it up ,all shipped in a sturdy package that arrived in perfect shape. Nice work gentlemen!! Thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve   

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #327 on: July 09, 2013, 06:25:55 PM »
Having a little break from WWI to build the Airfix Bentley that was a christmas gift.  I did however make a couple of purchases at the Waddington airshow this weekend.  I got a 1:32 Trumpeter Me-262 (should be £50, was half price :) ) and a 1:72 T-7 Hunter, by Hannant's own Xtra brand.  Not had them before but it has some resin and PE, for £18, and I have wanted a hunter for ages.

Offline Fred

« Reply #328 on: July 15, 2013, 12:40:39 PM »
 :D JUST RECEIVED MY WING NUT WINGS ORDER!!!  8)
I am so excited!! There is one more on route from an ebay order... Sopwith pup..

These are my first WnW models and they are absolutely exquisit!! I want them ALL!!! Just don't tell the wife!! :-X

Even the boxes are special, worthy of framing.

Ohh yeah.. and this one which is actually an Eduard kit reboxed..very nice indeed...

« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 12:48:31 PM by Fred »

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #329 on: July 15, 2013, 02:50:53 PM »
Ahh Fred, you've been bitten deep and hard mate!!

I was watching that Pup on E-Bay ;)

Enjoy your new kits!!

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice