Author Topic: Latest acquisition in your collection  (Read 377671 times)

Offline Dal Gavan

Re: Latest acquisition in your collection
« Reply #345 on: August 06, 2013, 03:45:33 PM »
Look what was waiting for me when I got back from the farm:

Now I won't have any excuse for not getting more done with my WW1 kits.  It came from Hobby Tools Australia for $229.00  http://www.hobbytools.com.au/, with the 3.5 litre tank, regulator and water trap, and the correct fittings for my airbrush.  You can get cheaper compressors from e-Bay, but this came with a warranty and is a "known brand", so I can easily get spare parts, if needed.

PDH and Fred, good pickups.  I agree with Jamo, Fred, you'll enjoy the Pup.  Check out Des' build at http://www.ww1aircraftmodels.com/page13.html for some good ideas.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #346 on: August 06, 2013, 07:00:00 PM »
Good buying with the compressor Dal, there will be no stopping you now.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #347 on: August 07, 2013, 01:03:39 AM »
Nice looking compressor Dal. We all need a treat like this on occasion.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

mike in calif

« Reply #348 on: August 07, 2013, 01:13:35 AM »
Nice compressor!
 I've finally picked up my B-25 Strafer. I can see doing a pair of Eindekkers, and one DH-2, so I'm in the market for a "Duellists" combo. The pennies are already adding up...

Offline Andi Little

« Reply #349 on: August 11, 2013, 09:29:12 PM »
Well, I've just been outed in another thread!!! ... Having been introduced to the wonderful world of Wingnut Wings kitsets. And then out of curiosity winning an example on that there 'bay! Well, I was smitten - they truly are objects of desire, and from that point I was lost.................

Here are my recent additions to the Little Andi stash................

Some were surprise wins on the 'bay - others were just addictive purchases once I'd seen inside the box. The Gotha was the big hiccup - just put in a lowly bid or so I thought, and just so I could appease myself that I'd tried at least! Blow me if it didn't get knocked down to me. It came with the dedicated build book too. So, I was quite pleased: although it was still some decent amount to shell out. I'm thinking in hindsight that's what probably gave me the shove to get a bit more involved.

This the other result of taking it, myself, more seriously..........................

A spray booth, a couple of "knock-off" airbrushes and a waste pot. I have no idea why I've struggled without this kit for all these years. No more traipsing into the garden, squirting aerosol cans between the raindrops, finding a dozen clever ways to perform the obvious.
No, this is something I should of done a million years ago - it's a pleasure to be back at the bench again.

There you go then ... confession over!
KBO ............. Andi.

Offline Dal Gavan

« Reply #350 on: August 11, 2013, 10:11:16 PM »
WOW!  That's really diving into the deep end, Andi.  Well done, mate.

Des, Chris and Mike, I gave it a test run on the N.28 I'm building (doing the lower wing rib shadows) and I was impressed- very quiet, auto cutoff and no pulsing of the airflow at all.

If the weather holds good (and the list of chores has dried up) I'll give it a proper work out this week.

Dal.

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #351 on: August 11, 2013, 10:15:22 PM »
Man, that's a good collection, Andi!  Good going
on the Gotha deal.  Sometimes the planets line up after all.
You should have great fun building all those gems.
Enjoy!

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #352 on: August 12, 2013, 12:40:13 AM »
Blimey Andi,

You'll never get through that lot.. You need someone to help you build one or two..  ;)

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

mike in calif

« Reply #353 on: August 12, 2013, 02:13:16 AM »
No kidding! Talk about an instant stash, and I see "mud" in the back there, an interesting magazine. I'll have apply some of that to a few 1/16th figgys...

Offline Rob Hart

« Reply #354 on: August 12, 2013, 10:13:39 AM »
I recently picked up these somewhat pricey, but disappointingly mediocre kits. The W.18, in particular, was a big letdown. As , they say; caveat emptor, a fool and his money are soon separated, etc..

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #355 on: August 12, 2013, 12:56:13 PM »
Well done Andi.
That's an amazing and very impressive instant stash you've got there! By my reckoning you have several very enjoyable years ahead of you, and there's more to be released and also others not in the pile. Life is seemingly very good at this point! ;)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #356 on: August 13, 2013, 04:41:08 AM »
Thanks for the heads up Rob. I was on the fence,hesitation based on it being 48th but the W18 tempted... not now..

Steve

Offline Rob Hart

« Reply #357 on: August 13, 2013, 06:34:17 AM »
Steve,

The W.18 is better than the only other Omega Models kit that I have, a HB CC, but it is still sub state of the art for WWI resin kits. A pity, as I think it is a really interesting subject.

mike in calif

« Reply #358 on: August 13, 2013, 11:36:45 AM »
Another one for the " I hope WNW does this kit" list.

Offline DaveM

« Reply #359 on: August 15, 2013, 10:08:14 PM »
Recently acquired this off Greedybay,dust jacket a bit battered but inside fine.

£15.00 including p+p.

Dave.