Author Topic: Morane-Saulnier type N ...(Special Hobby-1/32).  (Read 19768 times)

Offline rhallinger

Re: Morane-Saulnier type N ...(Special Hobby-1/32).
« Reply #105 on: December 29, 2013, 03:41:48 AM »
Andi, this is just a fantastic job on a difficult build.  She really looks the part!  Excellent weathering, staining and rigging.   ;D  I have built this kit, and can say you have made an outstanding model from it.  Very convincing sand very well done! ;D  She'll look even better with a prop and wheels.  ;)

Regards,

Bob

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #106 on: December 29, 2013, 04:10:16 AM »
Very nice Andi on what is such a tricky kit. You've shown us just what can be done.

Best wishes
Nigel

Online RAGIII

« Reply #107 on: December 29, 2013, 09:52:24 AM »
Andi,
I can't say enough about how terrific your N Looks! Weathering, rigging, all are Stunning! You make me ashamed I haven't gotten into the Turnbuckle thing   :-[
RGAIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline xmald

« Reply #108 on: December 29, 2013, 09:57:19 AM »
Both the weathering and the rigging looks terrific mate!!! One of the most beautiful MS N`s I`ve ever seen!
Best regards
Filip

Offline Nanks

« Reply #109 on: December 29, 2013, 11:33:01 AM »
Ive just discovered this and it looks superb! I love the turnbuckles on the rigging.
"Get a shot off fast, this upsets him long enough to get your second shot perfect" Lazarus Long

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #110 on: December 29, 2013, 12:57:26 PM »
Splendid job on the rigging and weathering, Andi!  Looks like the real thing.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Andi Little

« Reply #111 on: January 01, 2014, 07:05:22 AM »
Many thanks for your kind words and encouragement chaps ... I must admit I feel as though I'm on the offramp now (Ooo! can't you just tell I'm a bit of a "Weather Report" fan)?

Anyhoo, I want this put to bed so I'm reaching for the finishing tape. And one of the things that needed addressing (to my eye) was the wheels themselves. Now I don't understand all the prototypical ettiquette, but the wheels themselves are made up of two pancake halves, having put enough cement between to make sure there was no dry patches I clamped them up, but only after the devils own job at trying to line them up - they just weren't concentric.

So, I had to play around like this..................................

Firstly I turned them down, not the easiest thing as the plastic is quite greasy and very soft - hence the visible "chatter" and that was going very gently.

Next there was two laminate wraps cemented to the outer tyre.

And then of course this was turned down to a tyre-ish shape. ............. This is the first turning with a bit of grey primer thrown at it to allow me to see what I've got ... and it's a bearable start? Certainly better than what I started with.
This can obviously be fettled up to one's hearts content, but that ridge around the one o'clock position looks to my eye like a line of caked mud sticking to the tyre - doubt if I could of modelled it any better? I shall of course neaten them up, but I'm tempted to leave that line of mud.

That's it for now then - hopefully a finished pic' soon???

Cheers all.................
KBO ............. Andi.

Offline gfadvance

« Reply #112 on: January 01, 2014, 07:50:09 PM »
Still here Andi, just watching out of earshot  ;)

Making great progress and that dreaded "F" word looks like it will become a reality!

Definitely grab that little line on the tyre , as you say just made for "caked mud"

All the best for 2014
Gordon

Offline Andi Little

« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2014, 05:16:36 AM »
Many thanks Gordon - always good to hear from you, and of course the same by return.

BIG NEWS................?

..................................................................................Is this done???

Just being daft! - As far as I'm concerned that's it. There's a few things that I could fiddle with, but truth be told I've pretty much had it with this build now. Don't get me wrong - it's been great, a tough learning curve and I'm sure I'm not finished yet. But I've done right by it - stuck with it, and I think I'd struggle to learn any more from this build. I need to move forward and take what I've learnt with me.
I'm chuffed with it despite all it's faults, and after the cock-up with the cockpit: must admit my tail was drooping somewhat - it's been slow (Thanks for sticking with me) and I've appreciated every single word of encouragement up until this point.

Will you sign it off for me? Can I put it in the "completed builds" section?

Thanks everyone ............................ Andi.
KBO ............. Andi.

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2014, 05:41:38 AM »
Andi,
   You've got my vote, off to Completed Models with her! This is a lovely Model; great finish and weathering effect not to mention the great job on the rigging as well. Congratulations on a superb Build and look forward to your next subject.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2014, 06:01:15 AM »
A tour de force Andi, well done! I've really enjoyed seeing you bring this to fruition.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2014, 08:42:51 PM »
Definitely Andi, this one should go right to Completed Models. Amazing build all the way.

Kind regards
Patrick

Offline mgunns

« Reply #117 on: January 07, 2014, 11:08:21 PM »
Hello Andi:

Of course we are our worst critics.  I think it is stunning.  You did an outstanding job on a kit that needed a lot of coaxing and you did it quite well.  Put it to bed and admire it.  Maybe later you can go back to it and take of those niggling things, or you may just go, ah, that's just fine.  I have found that if I go back to a kit, I just make it worse.

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....