Author Topic: My first WNW build: Sopwith Triplane  (Read 40813 times)

Offline RAGIII

Re: My first WNW build: Sopwith Triplane
« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2014, 11:30:19 AM »
Bud,
I missed the Eduard update pics on my last comment. Your interior and the work you are doing on the fuselage are absolutely top notch! BEAUTIFUL!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline dtomko

« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2014, 11:41:59 AM »
Really beautiful work on that Eduard fuselage, Bud!

Drew

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #92 on: March 27, 2014, 01:31:35 PM »
great dual build budrow, i really like what you did with the eduard so far, nice to have the wnw kit for reference. looks really great.

Offline mgunns

« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2014, 10:14:24 PM »
Hello Bud:

It appears as if you are creating some "Coyote Magic" with the lead wire.  Really looks the business on the 1/48th Tripe.  You are doing some neat stuff with these two kits and I am looking forward to seeing how you progress through the builds.  You are going to have to build some display areas in your garage.  You need a mancave, make one of the stalls in your garage said mancave, you'll be glad you did.  ;)

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2014, 02:38:30 AM »
Bud,
I missed the Eduard update pics on my last comment. Your interior and the work you are doing on the fuselage are absolutely top notch! BEAUTIFUL!
RAGIII
Thanks, Rick!  I'm having almost as much fun with the Eduard kit as I am with the WNW.  Almost. ;)
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2014, 02:39:27 AM »
Really beautiful work on that Eduard fuselage, Bud!

Drew
Thanks, Drew!  Really glad to have you along for the ride.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2014, 02:48:03 AM »
great dual build budrow, i really like what you did with the eduard so far, nice to have the wnw kit for reference. looks really great.
Thanks, Scott!  Always enjoy your input.  Having the WNW kit as inspiration is a blast.  I'm planning on doing the same thing with a number of other kits.  The Blue Max Roland D.VI, the Blue Max Snipe, the Eduard and Roden Biffs, the Blue Max LVG and maybe even the Aeroclub Fee will all get the dual build treatment with their WNW conterparts.  It's really fun and I recommend it to anyone who builds in both scales.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #97 on: March 28, 2014, 02:57:52 AM »
Hello Bud:

It appears as if you are creating some "Coyote Magic" with the lead wire.  Really looks the business on the 1/48th Tripe.  You are doing some neat stuff with these two kits and I am looking forward to seeing how you progress through the builds.  You are going to have to build some display areas in your garage.  You need a mancave, make one of the stalls in your garage said mancave, you'll be glad you did.  ;)

Best

Mark
Thanks, Mark!  You know, the garage thing my hold some merit.  Now that Jessie has moved out, there's a lot more room in there.  Gonna have to go survey.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline miamiangler

« Reply #98 on: March 28, 2014, 03:43:48 AM »
Very nice work , cockpit looks great .

Offline radio

« Reply #99 on: March 28, 2014, 04:43:04 AM »
It loks great Bud. :)
Martin

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #100 on: March 28, 2014, 09:40:21 AM »
Thank you, Willi and Martin!
Cheers,
Bud

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2014, 05:30:04 AM »
Spent the past couple days working on the cowling.  Kinda tedious work, so I had to take a break from time to time to get my eyes back in focus.  Towards the end I sorta rushed things a bit, so the dots aren't as uniform as I would like, but it's acceptable.  Actually looks better in reality than in the photo.  Trust me. ;)

Cheers,
Bud

Offline Umlaufmotor

« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2014, 05:32:14 AM »
Woaa, - crazy work, Bud  :o

Servus
Bertl

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2014, 05:37:08 AM »
Woaa, - crazy work, Bud  :o

Servus
Bertl
Thanks, Bertl! (I think)
Cheers,
Bud

Offline Umlaufmotor

« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2014, 05:39:55 AM »
Yes, Bud, your cowling parts are looking realy good.

Servus
Bertl