Author Topic: Airbrush recommendations  (Read 12414 times)

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: Airbrush recommendations
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2013, 07:26:32 AM »
Hi Pete,

I have written to the company to please ezplain their massive price increase.  >:( >:( >:(  I have purchased many of the air brushes over the years and sent them all over the world, I have never had a complaint about the air brush, some people have even bought two.

It is a public holiday here today so it may take a day or two before I hear back from them, but I will keep you informed.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Pete Nottingham

• I chose the wrong week to stop sniffing glue
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2013, 10:31:48 PM »
Thanks Des.

Cheers

Pete.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2013, 07:01:43 PM »
I received a reply from Princess Trade Australia, it is posted below. If anyone would like one of these brilliant air brushes please let me know, I can buy them off ebay and post them to you, Princess Trade does not post overseas.

Des.

Hi there,

This product is currently out of stock.
We have set the price abnormally high just to keep the listing rate.
The price will be back to normal when it is restocked, for this item should be in the middle of March.
Sorry for the confusion and thanks for your attention.

If you have any problem, please feel free to contact us.
Many thanks

Regards,
Princess Trade Australia

Online pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2013, 12:02:53 AM »
Fellow Canadians - is Princess Trade related to Princess Auto?

Steve
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 12:32:34 PM by pepperman42 »

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2013, 04:39:05 AM »
Fellow Canadians - is Pricess Trade related to Princess Auto?

Steve

I'm not sure if there are any family ties but I sure like our version; never need anything when I go in but sure find a lot once inside. I get all my mini clamps and a lot of modelling tools there for a fraction of the price elsewhere. ;)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline LindsayT

• "Somehow it didn't seem like war at all..."
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2013, 02:16:45 PM »
Also not sure on the pedigree of the Von Auto's and the de Trades, but I was in there last week to pick up the airbrush that I showed a few posts back. It was definitely the only hobby brush there, and under the Power Fist label is a box with Beaver B200 on it.

LT

Offline Von Schlepp

« Reply #81 on: February 05, 2013, 05:14:27 AM »
I really like this thread.
I use a badger 150 and love it. I guess if I went to a gravity feed i'd go with a Renegade Krome?? but don't need to.
I also have several paasche and badger hoses that work fine. I don't use a compressor
I have a Co2 tank I got out of an old pop machine and cheap regulator from princess auto.

-Roger

Offline Todd Holaday

« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2013, 02:30:19 AM »
Just ordered two new Iwata airbrushes.  Yes, two.  I know that may sound ridiculous to some but I'm replacing my old Badger 150 (siphon-fed) with a Neo BCN siphon-fed ($60) and adding a Neo CN gravity fed (also $60).  I still need the siphon-fed option to use with bottle mixes and my future bottle, but I really wanted a gravity fed small cup sprayer.  The NEO CR is not only the cheapest Iwata but also has no cup (1/32 oz), small cup (1/16 oz) and large cup (1/3 oz) options.  Iwata sells quick disconnects and I purchased those also so I wouldn't need a gate and two air hoses for my compressor.  I think this will be an excellent set up for me - I often only want to load a couple of drops of paint in the brush and the Badger 150 isn't the best for me for that purpose.

My wife does not read this forum by the way and will never know.  The man cave stays around 60deg fahrenheit unless I want her to visit.   :)

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2013, 03:02:39 AM »
Wow!  Great idea Todd.  60 degrees F would definately keep my wife away too! ;D

Regards,

Bob

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2013, 08:06:31 AM »
Wow Todd, 60 Degrees F you say.............. I admire a "thinking" man! I also agree with your logic on Airbrushes. I have 2 Iwatas, an HP-C with a large cup and a second HP-B with a very fine nozzle and tiny cup for touchups and fine work. I find the combo gives me all I need and although expensive initially I don't regret the investment. Now I have to figure out how to lower the temp. in only one room...... ;)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2013, 09:49:53 AM »
I keep my shop at 60-62°F in the winter too. It makes me work harder to keep warm and I rarely have visitors either.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline ctefehinoz

« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2014, 02:33:30 PM »
All,
    Des's handy little recommendation is now 24.95 $AUS. Careful with the search in AUS Ebay, as the first one that pops up is 49.95 $AUS and is an all-in-one type doohickey. I went to their Ebay store, searched Airbrush and then found the one Des had
posted about way back when. I already have an Iwata, but figure I needed a larger cup capacity one for spraying larger areas.

HTH
Sean

Offline N.C.S.E

« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2014, 09:57:08 PM »
Well... long time no see... I've been interested in a few other models from a few other eras and so World War I has been put on the back burner... Now I have got myself a lovely little WnW D.V and the first airbrush I had (the one Des recommended) was just giving me so much grief (since I'd had no idea how to use it for most of its life) that I went and bought another one...
Oh dear... I'm hooked now... the little thing is just wonderful... So, note to self, clear it really well after you use it!
The years to come seem waste of breathe, a waste of breathe on balance with this life, this death. - W.M.Yeates

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2014, 07:59:53 AM »
Welcome back N.C.S.E.

It os most important to make sure your air brush is thoroughly cleaned after each use regardless of the brand of air brush, dried paint will clog up the workings and make it impossible to spray. I always clean my air brush with lacquer thinners after every use, lacquer thinners will disolve just about anything so it makes a great cleaner.

Des.

Offline Snowy

« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2014, 10:30:17 AM »
It is a long while since the thread was started and reading through it I see some very useful information provided.  The airbrush Des suggests looks like a real bargain. It's good for those looking to get suggestions and recommendations such as that. I started out with an AZTEC which I didn't really take to. For the last few years I've been using a Harder & Steenbeck Infinity two in one. It's not a cheap option by any means but I really like using it. Good old German engineering excellence is quite apparent. It is far better than my abilities at the moment but I hope to grow into it over time. I generally prefer using acrylics and have gravitated to Vallejo Model Air where possible, mainly for convenience. The H&S is pretty easy to clean.

Even with acrylics I recommend using a good mask and a spray booth. Lungs deserve looking after in my opinion. I used some old computer fans and an old notebook power supply for the fans in my el-cheapo home made spray booth. I am rearranging my hobby room so will probably redo the booth itself to give it a wider frontage.