Author Topic: New Eduard SSW DIII  (Read 9865 times)

Offline RobStewart

Re: New Eduard SSW DIII
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2014, 12:17:25 PM »

Eduard also looks like the Dr.1 is being issued in weekend form with MvR makings in Dec.

Weekend Edition, so it should be cheap. 

Pheon has lots of decal options for DR.Is.

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2014, 01:06:24 PM »
mvr weekend edition, thats cool i believe the only decals for the 425/17 are in the "der rote flieger " release long oop.

Offline rowan broadbent

« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2014, 09:33:35 PM »

Eduard also looks like the Dr.1 is being issued in weekend form with MvR makings in Dec.

Weekend Edition, so it should be cheap. 

Pheon has lots of decal options for DR.Is.

And plenty more waiting in the wings........ a full set for Jasta Boelcke for instance. Will be looking for pre-order support soon.

R
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything – that’s how the light gets in

Leonard Cohen

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2014, 02:40:09 AM »
And plenty more waiting in the wings........ a full set for Jasta Boelcke for instance. Will be looking for pre-order support soon.

YAY!

Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline xmald

« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2014, 08:21:31 AM »
I got mine too with the brassin guns. I must agree with the statement about the engine. If you compare its fin details to f.ex. generic Le Rhone /Oberursel engine, it looks pretty bad... I have Karaya`s engine so I think I`ll use it for this one. Other than this and the ribs the model looks pretty great!
Best regards
Filip

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2014, 02:41:46 PM »
you can alaways tone down the ribs with a few swipes of the sanding stick. i will order mine first then see if my karaya engine fits the cowl and see if the guns are acceptable, although those brassin guns look sweet besides the jacket not being full length. i guess its to make assemby easier.

Offline Brez

« Reply #81 on: November 07, 2014, 07:01:59 AM »
you can alaways tone down the ribs with a few swipes of the sanding stick.

On the wings yeah, but the rudder and elevator, from what I can see in photos, had no tapes. I've sanded mine off completely.
Hope that's right  :-\

Cheers,
Tony.

Offline Brian James Riedel

« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2014, 09:04:52 AM »
Howdy,

Got mine yesterday.  One thing I noticed was the instructions.  They not only give a paint number, they name the color as well.  How long have they been doing that?  I like it!

Probably won't get to building for awhile, got 7 1/72 kits on the table right now.  Trying to clear the stash.

Brian James Riedel

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2014, 11:00:18 AM »
you can alaways tone down the ribs with a few swipes of the sanding stick.

On the wings yeah, but the rudder and elevator, from what I can see in photos, had no tapes. I've sanded mine off completely.
Hope that's right  :-\

Cheers,
Tony.

Tony , elevator yes , rudder no tapes .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2014, 11:01:49 AM »
One thing I will say about the kit . The lozenge SUCKS !

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2014, 11:16:43 AM »

Terri
Thank God for Aviattic, eh?
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2014, 11:35:17 AM »
Ture that Bud  ;)

Aviattic highly recommend  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline oldalbie

« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2014, 03:04:51 AM »
Terri I'm with you on that Eduard lozenge.  One would think that after all the research that has been done this is one thing that shouldn't be gotten wrong.  The same thing was true when they first did the Albatros DV/a.  That's when I discovered Americals.  Now there are plenty more alternatives, thank goodness.

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2014, 03:53:04 PM »
i have to say i will be using aviattic on mine, that said even though i dont have the kit yet it seems from looking at photos they did try somewhat to do better on the lozenge. anyone who has old eduard kits like the hannover, fokker d.vi etc that stuff was horrid. it seemed like 5 color got somewhat better in the albatros dr.1 kit reminding me of the stuff that comes in special hobby pfalz d.xii kits. then it got way worse when they did the fokker d.vii dual combos.included in the forementioned d.vii kits, the 4 color, although the colors were in the wrong places, was not too too terrible but the 5 color although having a 5 color pattern the colors were taken from the 4 color palette which looks really really wrong. this new stuff in the siemens kit although the colors seem off they seem better than the  fokker d.vii 5 color and it also looks like they tryed to give a faded effect ala aviattic or wood and wire. no fabric texture mind you, but it looks as though they tryed. and from what ive read its extremely hard to get realistic accurate colors on such a screen printed decal especially if you dont do 10 years of research like richard did collecting actual samples etc. oh well moot point as i wont be using them.just my 2 cents

Offline Brez

« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2014, 09:18:08 PM »

Terri

A bit harsh Terri, it does make excellent templates for the Aviattic loz.  ;)

Tony.