Author Topic: Your input on refining the Forum's topic boards  (Read 4274 times)

Offline Jeff K

Re: Your input on refining the Forum's topic boards
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2018, 02:01:54 AM »
Maybe we could create a new section under the Hints and Tips section:
A 3D Model-pool.
Santa told me I will get a Stereoscopic 3D Resin printer for Christmas.
So I will start soon to model bombs, carts, seats and figurines by myself in step or 3ds files to print them.
If there are some other modeler out there that do the same, we could all benefit from such a pool and share these models for free. (I will do it for sure)
Bye,
Manni

love Manni's idea of some sort of CAD section. 'cause that 1/32 Ilya Mouromets ain't gonna 3D print itself.

Offline Marcus.Q1000859

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2018, 06:46:52 AM »
Hi All,

As a prolific reader and seldom poster,
The unread posts button is brilliant and I would not like to see any changes made to its functionality. I stay up to with posts and so there is never any need to use the topic banners to filter down.

Regarding the topics and partitioning of them. Keeping enough of them is important to me so there is useful discrimination in filtering down to the information we seek.
Topics that have minimal use could be amalgamated in an effort for the board to be seen as being kept clean.

Is there a level that determines what is too niche to? say under 100 posts in a year and it could be amalgamated with similar material?

Just my thoughts, I enjoy the board as it is, Just need to start building WW1!!

Marcus

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2018, 09:10:09 AM »
Hi All,

As a prolific reader and seldom poster,
The unread posts button is brilliant and I would not like to see any changes made to its functionality. I stay up to with posts and so there is never any need to use the topic banners to filter down.

Regarding the topics and partitioning of them. Keeping enough of them is important to me so there is useful discrimination in filtering down to the information we seek.
Topics that have minimal use could be amalgamated in an effort for the board to be seen as being kept clean.

Is there a level that determines what is too niche to? say under 100 posts in a year and it could be amalgamated with similar material?

Just my thoughts, I enjoy the board as it is, Just need to start building WW1!!

Marcus

Pretty well put Marcus and in line with my thoughts previously posted. Not too much change. As compared to LSP for instance they cover All eras and I can see the need to keep the WW1  topics in a simpler format. We are strictly WW1 so more diversity in topics makes sense, to me at least.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Online Gene K

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2018, 10:28:03 AM »
Sorry but I temd to disagree abit. I like being able to go to boards for specific info on Markings or another for More technical stuff.

I strongly feel the same! The present organization is excellent.

Gene K